Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Next up (Week 6), at Houston Texans

BlueShoe

It is a short week, and we are on the road. 

Win this one and we have sole possession of the AFC South.

Houston (3-2) results thus far:

Week 1) Beat Washington 17-6

Week 2) Beat Oakland 30-14

Week 3) Loss to the New York Giants 17-30

Week 4) Beat Buffalo 23-17

Week 5) Lost a close game to Dallas 17-30

The Texans have played 3 NFC East teams (1-2 record), and have a 2-0 record against AFC teams. 

Your thoughts?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game has the potential to go any direction. All I can say is be very weary here. Colts need to play D like they did today AND our offense needs to make some better plays for sure.

I think we win this but not by the margin people want...I would say it'll be a touchdown win for us.

The Texans looked mentally exhausted from the Cowboys game, we matchup well with them. The run defense has been great with Hughes at NT, holding Foster under 100 yards shouldn't be a problem. Fitz isn't good enough to win in a high scoring game with Luck. I think we'll win and Hilton will have a big game.

Colts 31 - Texans 16

Big game. Winner gets early control of the South and I am sure the Texans will be jacked out of their minds as they normally are for the Colts.

Colts will have to weather the storm early and cut down on the mistakes. Don't make the storm worse by feeding into it with mistakes.

On defense Colts need to take away the run and make them try to beat the Colts in the air.

On offense the Colts get a break with no Clowny but the game plan starts with slowing down Watt. From there look for TY. He tends to have big days against the Texans.

To be honest I think we will blow them out as long as we clean up some of the bone head turnovers and continue to improve on the red zone efficiency. I don't think the Texans are quite there yet. They are surviving off of effort to make up for the other things they lack. They will come out and give some good fight, but in the end I think they will get suffocated as the game goes along. We'll just keep holding the ball and scoring, holding the ball and scoring like we always do. They won't have enough attempts to get anything real accomplished.

I expect Luck to continue his streak of 300 passing yard games because the Texans give up a pretty good chunk of those per game.Plus knowing what T.Y. Hilton has done to them lately with the deep balls. I just hope the o-line is up to the task of taking on JJ Watt though. After all that man is unbelievable & Luck needs to stay upright all game. Our Colts should start off with taking look at what the Cowboys did to hold Watt to just 4 tackles in that game. Oh, I'm not really worried about Foster because our ability to stop the run is looking mighty good thus far.

/Werner will feast of Fitzpatrick.

read the funniest thing on texans forum the thread was created with this

After a very tough fought loss to the Cowboys in Dallas, the Texans will come home and dominate a weak Colts team. 
No Running game. No offensive line. Luck is easily rattled when his hurried. Their defense is suspiciuosly weak. 
I can't see anything but a dominating win here at home by our Texans. 
Let's go get win number 4! 

Texans 34

Colts 10

like wow come on i no the person is a homer but really think they gonna dominate us like that lol 

After a very tough fought loss to the Cowboys in Dallas, the Texans will come home and dominate a weak Colts team. 

No Running game. No offensive line. Luck is easily rattled when his hurried. Their defense is suspiciuosly weak. 

Texans 34

Colts 10

like wow come on i no the person is a homer but really think they gonna dominate us like that lol 

Well the Texans haven't been able to ever dominate the Colts and I don't think it starts this game.

It is a short week, and we are on the road. 

Win this one and we have sole possession of the AFC South.

Houston (3-2) results thus far:

Week 1) Beat Washington 17-6

Week 2) Beat Oakland 30-14

Week 3) Loss to the New York Giants 17-30

Week 4) Beat Buffalo 23-17

Week 5) Lost a close game to Dallas 17-30

The Texans have played 3 NFC East teams (1-2 record), and have a 2-0 record against AFC teams. 

Your thoughts?

Can you really count a win over the Raiders? They are worse than the Jags!

Texans 34

Colts 10

A lot of NFL fans only know what the TV tells them, and we get almost zero national coverage. This poster likely has no idea what exactly we accomplished yesterday. 

Texans 34

Colts 10

That person has no idea of how much the Colts have changed this season. They are going to get a rude awakening.

Texans 34

Colts 10

If that score were flipped I'd say he/she is pretty spot on. The Colts would have to play absolutely abysmal for the Texans to have a decent shot in this game. I will say if they had a better QB than Fitzpatrick I would be more worried but the guy has a bad habit of completely throwing his team out of a game. I don't really see it being any different here.

other than the Denver game...the Colts have been great at starting fast. Also, the Colts offense averages 36 minutes TOP this year, that's insane. The O is great at keeping drives going and wearing down the opposing teams D.

Start fast, slow down Foster, blitz the crap out of Fitz and maintain the great coverage on the outside.

Does Houston have any good tight ends in the passing game?

Let's just look at OFFENSIVE points per game.

1 - 17 (Wash)

2 - 30 (Raiders)

3 - 17 (Giants)

4 - 16 (Buffalo - JJ Watt pick 6 to make up the 23)

5 - 17 (Dallas)

Other than the lowly Raiders, their offense has not scored more than 17 points in any game. Even with the 30 point outlier, they average just 19.4 points per game on offense. 

Not exactly high octane there.

Colts are averaging 31.2

This helps me to feel pretty good about the odds.

I think this game will continue the streak of blowout thursday night football games in our favor.

I think it will be very difficult to get this one.  Short week, they have a day prep ahead of us due to travel, media firing them up saying we are the better team even though we have the same record.  I just don't like the confluence of factors and the might of their defense vs. our offensive line.  Could be a long night in Houston if Colts are not on A-game.  Let's hope my reservations are founded in paranoia and we kick the snot-bubbles out of these guys.

We aren't blowing them out.  At Houston?  Nope.  It'll be a close and an ugly game.  Too bad we don't thave the running attack to take advantage of their poor run defense.

We do have the running game and they're solid on defense.  They have the best d-lineman in football. If we can get JJ blocked in passing situations, Luck should be able to find openings in the secondary.

31-17, Colts.

On defense we have been giving up in the last 3 games about 17 points or less.  Houston scores around 17 per game, while we've been averaging 30 to 35 plus.  This game should be a no brainer as long as we keep rolling how we've been rolling.

We do have the running game and they're solid on defense.  They have the best d-lineman in football. If we can get JJ blocked in passing situations, Luck should be able to find openings in the secondary.

31-17, Colts.

Unfortunately for them, there are 2 other spots on the DL besides the one that Watt occupies, and both of them are manned by subpar NFL players.  In fact, I bet 95% of the people on here couldn't name the Texans starting NT and starting DE oppositte Watt.

They are easy to run against.  26th in the NFL in opponents YPC, 25th in the NFL in opponents rushing YPG.  On the other side of the token, if Foster runs like he did against Dallas, our run defense will certainly be tested.  We are no stallwarts against the run either:  24 in the NFL in opponents YPC.

Hope you're right about that score!  With that raucous crowd, I think it will be tough sleddin.