Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Next up (Week 6), at Houston Texans

BlueShoe

read the funniest thing on texans forum the thread was created with this

After a very tough fought loss to the Cowboys in Dallas, the Texans will come home and dominate a weak Colts team. 

No Running game. No offensive line. Luck is easily rattled when his hurried. Their defense is suspiciuosly weak. 

I can't see anything but a dominating win here at home by our Texans. 

Let's go get win number 4! 

Texans 34

Colts 10

like wow come on i no the person is a homer but really think they gonna dominate us like that lol 

Like wow.... surely you said something to him right? I mean you didn't just bring that here to laugh at him did you? That's pretty weak if you didn't. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like wow.... surely you said something to him right? I mean you didn't just bring that here to laugh at him did you? That's pretty weak if you didn't. 

i aint signed up on there forums or would of. i normally go to every teams forum who were playing and see what they think but if was signed up i would of said somehthing every team we played so far wasnt that confident so dunno what makes him so confident

Prior to the year, I had the Texans winning this game. Playing in Houston has NEVER been easy. They always give us a challenge down there...

However, our defense has stepped it up lately and their offense looks completely inept. I think we win, but it'll be close (the first close Thursday Night Football game this year). Colts win something along the lines 23-17.

I expect the Colts to come unstuck. 

It's a short week and if Fitzpatrick can play average, Houston have the weapons to hurt a Colts defense that has been flattered by playing the Titans and Jags. 

Indy will struggle to get a running game going, I'm sure Trent will average under 3 yards per carry and will probably throw a fumble or two in there for good measure. The Colts were fairly horrible on offense against the Ravens and I don't see them doing anything about it during a short week.

Almost nothing would surprise me about this game.

I wouldn't be surprised if we blow them out.

I won't be surprised if Texas plays us tough and we hang on to win by less than 7.

The reason for all the possibilities?      Thursday night.

Games on a short week are the worst.    And we're the road team.     We lose prep time traveling to Houston.

The Colts will be tired and sore and flat and we have to travel too?!?     Yuk.

If we win by 20+,  great.    But if we win by less than 7,  I'm OK with that too.

Weird stuff can happen in games like this.    I just want a win.........  (and no major injuries!)

It's a short week and if Fitzpatrick can play average, Houston have the weapons to hurt a Colts defense that has been flattered by playing the Titans and Jags. 

Indy will struggle to get a running game going, I'm sure Trent will average under 3 yards per carry and will probably throw a fumble or two in there for good measure. The Colts were fairly horrible on offense against the Ravens and I don't see them doing anything about it during a short week.

This is a very unrealistic point of view.

The other opponents also include Philly, Denver, and Baltimore. Who all 3 have better weapons than Houston on Offense, yet we pretty well shut them down. The only player on that offense that worries me is Foster. Other than him we have nothing to worry about. Our CBs have been tops in the league. Vontae has been shutting everyone down, and Toler has been playing much better than anyone expected.

Our running game has been way better than in years past, so you can "hope" for Trent to only get 3ypc, but even if he does I would put it on Bradshaw to get 6ypc. And do you really have the players to cover ALL of our weapons?

And, No. This is very unrealistic point of view.

What's unrealistic about it? 

It is a short week.

Houston do have offensive weapons.

Indy's defensive stats are helped by playing two of the worst teams in the NFL.

Richardson has struggled in yards per carry and he has fumbled.

Yep, really unrealistic point of view...

It is a short week.

Indys stats are inflated by playing bottom feeders but the Texans stats aren't? Makes total sense

I've got mixed feelings. I don't think we should be in this game, because we're not allowing our QB to play. I know people are saying Fitzpatrick is horrible, but the way we're calling the games, it's not like we're even trying to get him going. So in a way, I hope we go down by two scores early, then maybe OBrien will unchain him. Not so much that I have faith in him, but Andre Johnson. I think we should be asking Andre to carry this team just as much as we're asking Arian to. 

It's not like we're favorites to win or anything, so what can it hurt? 

I do think homefield gives us an advantage & I think the short week works in our favor, so maybe we'll be in a position to win, so we'll see what happens. 

So did the Texans have a bye or something? It's a short week for them too. I could see them coming out all fired up especially after their lose. If we weather their initial storm we'll be fine. Come out strong, don't get in a hole. Them out the clamps on them.

Our offense played horrible against the Ravens? Seriously? Um, we went up and down the field at will. We shot ourself in the foot with fumbles and picks. Bradshaw, Whalen fumbles....batted ball and a ball bounced out of Bradshaws hands. Our offense is fine.

Our defense is suspect? Seriously, what? Ravens offense is way better than the Texans mainly due to qb play.

Will be a tough game but I could see us crushing them.

It is a short week.

I think the last fish took my bait. Sorry. No worm for left for you.

lol I make valid points and now you are trying to pretend that you were trolling? Hilarious.

So you agree that Indy will lose on Thursday then?

The Texans aren't that good defensively contrary to popular belief. The colts are a road favorite for a reason The only thing that worries me is the short week on the road

lol I make valid points and now you are trying to pretend that you were trolling? Hilarious.

So you agree that Indy will lose on Thursday then?

We can agree that there will be a butt whipping in Texas on Thursday night.

You all might call it a Ho-Down though.

read the funniest thing on texans forum the thread was created with this

After a very tough fought loss to the Cowboys in Dallas, the Texans will come home and dominate a weak Colts team. 

No Running game. No offensive line. Luck is easily rattled when his hurried. Their defense is suspiciuosly weak. 

I can't see anything but a dominating win here at home by our Texans. 

Let's go get win number 4! 

Texans 34

Colts 10

like wow come on i no the person is a homer but really think they gonna dominate us like that lol 

Yeah but if you scroll down through it the realistic texans fans are fairly worried bout this game. They seem to think their team is gassed and this could be the beginning of a downward spiral, so i would put to much into this guys post.

The Texans aren't that good defensively contrary to popular belief. The colts are a road favorite for a reason The only thing that worries me is the short week on the road

I didn't mention the Texan's defense. My belief that Richardson will have a poor game stems from the fact that he's not very good. At no point did I say that Houston had a good defense.

I expect Luck to continue his streak of 300 passing yard games because the Texans give up a pretty good chunk of those per game.Plus knowing what T.Y. Hilton has done to them lately with the deep balls. I just hope the o-line is up to the task of taking on JJ Watt though. After all that man is unbelievable & Luck needs to stay upright all game. Our Colts should start off with taking look at what the Cowboys did to hold Watt to just 4 tackles in that game. Oh, I'm not really worried about Foster because our ability to stop the run is looking mighty good thus far.

/Werner will feast of Fitzpatrick.

Texans D is #4 in scoring, right behind the Ravens at #3.   They give up yards, but are incredible at creating turnovers, especially when their opponent is in the Red Zone.  If we are as sloppy against their D as we were the Ravens, they will not only keep it close, they could pull out the win at home.  We have to be smart and clean with the football, get down to the ground when progress is stopped (not fight for more while extra defenders run in to strip the ball) and put up points once inside FG range (either TD or FG at worst).  Getting out to a healthy lead fast can hamper their Offensive plan and they are not built to come back from bigger leads.  Win Turnover battle, don't leave points on the field, and we can take them.  If we hand them chances to take the game, they'll gladly oblige.

Fitzpatrick is horrible and he's playing behind a subpar offensive line..

Sack city!!

I know Clowney is an up and coming superstar, but I am glad the Texans decided to bypass taking a franchise QB.  The Texans will get nowhere with Fitz. And they will probably win just enough games to be out of the picture for one next year. 

I want to say this will be a good/close game. I do not believe it will be though. 

I am predicting Colts 37 Texans 13

Colts get early 3 an outs, jump out to a big lead, and take Foster out of the game. Fitz throws us a few late picks that we use to kick some field goals with. 

Luck over 300 again.

Hilton goes over 150.

Richardson and Bradshaw combine for 100 yards.

Colts corners shut the Texans receivers down. 

Colts win an easy game and take sole possession of the AFC South. 

Anything can happen though. 

I've got mixed feelings. I don't think we should be in this game, because we're not allowing our QB to play. I know people are saying Fitzpatrick is horrible, but the way we're calling the games, it's not like we're even trying to get him going. So in a way, I hope we go down by two scores early, then maybe OBrien will unchain him. Not so much that I have faith in him, but Andre Johnson. I think we should be asking Andre to carry this team just as much as we're asking Arian to. 

It's not like we're favorites to win or anything, so what can it hurt? 

I do think homefield gives us an advantage & I think the short week works in our favor, so maybe we'll be in a position to win, so we'll see what happens. 

I just hope they don't " UNCHAIN " Fitzpatrick on us.  :monkeydance:

Even though I believe the Colts are way better than the Texans I think it will be close.  Houston knows if they lose they won't see the division lead the rest of the season.  They hate us more than any other team (as well as they should, they're division rivals that cant ever beat us lol).  Trust me they will be motivated for primetime. 

Too bad big mouth Clowney is injured and we won't have the opportunity to shut him up until later in the season.  "Andrew Luck better have his head on a swivel".  I forget what else he said, but he took a couple jabs at Luck in the offseason.  Better believe his trash talking won't work when the Texans come to Indy either!

I think the Texans D is over rated a superstar and bunch of average to below average players . I expect the Thursday night beat down theme to continue with a big colts win putting them on top of the division .

Ironic...

Even though I believe the Colts are way better than the Texans I think it will be close.  Houston knows if they lose they won't see the division lead the rest of the season.  They hate us more than any other team (as well as they should, they're division rivals that cant ever beat us lol).  Trust me they will be motivated for primetime. 

Too bad big mouth Clowney is injured and we won't have the opportunity to shut him up until later in the season.  "Andrew Luck better have his head on a swivel".  I forget what else he said, but he took a couple jabs at Luck in the offseason.  Better believe his trash talking won't work when the Texans come to Indy either!

Nah, I think we hate the Cowboys and Titans more than the Colts, but you guys are a close third. It sucks that J.D. won't have his first action Thursday like we had hoped but I think our D can rise to the occasion without him, like they have been since week one.

Colts 38  Texans 13

The Texans will get nowhere with Fitz. And they will probably win just enough games to be out of the picture for one next year. 

I pray that the plan was never for Fitz to "take us" anywhere. As the preseason continued & it looked more & more like he was actually going to be our starter... I cried. Like a baby, I cried. What really sux now, is that it appears OB & the team are getting too attached to him & they're probably going to do something stupid like try to win a play off game with him. 

I know... I know, we're not going to get to the play offs. But it looks like these !#$!^%$# are going to try, when we should be having weekly tryouts at the position. 

I just hope they don't " UNCHAIN " Fitzpatrick on us.  :monkeydance:

See, here's the deal. Fitz has thrown six interceptions. So has Luck. Luck though has also thrown 14 TDs, Fitz only threw 5. But with only 137 attempts (to Luck's 216). Not that I expect Fitz to have 14 TDs to 5 INTs like Luck, but maybe 9 TDs, or 10 TDs to 7 INTs.

Andre & Hopkins may not be the best WR tandem in the league, but they both fight for the ball. Just gotta give them a chance, they need to be more involved in our game than they are. 

Really who is very good outside of Watt ? I know he's stud and wrecks games by himself but really who else is there that stands out .

I think the Irony is that Luck has carried your team for the last 3 years. TY's cool & all that, but that's Andrew Luck's show.