Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

He's the worst runner of the modern era. I don't care if the other RBs on your roster don't have legs, he should be gone by now.

He is bad obviously but there was 4-5 games this year he was running well and we just quit on him for one reason or another, Im just more centered around getting the O Line straightened out in terms of run blocking, There was a lot of times they looked like they needed to find a new line of work, Ya also have to have Backs that make him replaceable...Talent wise we have that...Legs wise......Not so much to this point

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is bad obviously but there was 4-5 games this year he was running well and we just quit on him for one reason or another, Im just more centered around getting the O Line straightened out in terms of run blocking, There was a lot of times they looked like they needed to find a new line of work, Ya also have to have Backs that make him replaceable...Talent wise we have that...Legs wise......Not so much to this point

You don't seem to comprehend how bad he is. We could pick up 90% of free agent RBs on the street and they would make him expendable.

You don't seem to comprehend how bad he is. We could pick up 90% of free agent RBs on the street and they would make him expendable.

I know how bad he is, I had to put up with watching that damn stutter step and watch him come to a complete stop many times after a long jump cut (power cut)

He is bad obviously but there was 4-5 games this year he was running well and we just quit on him for one reason or another, Im just more centered around getting the O Line straightened out in terms of run blocking, There was a lot of times they looked like they needed to find a new line of work, Ya also have to have Backs that make him replaceable...Talent wise we have that...Legs wise......Not so much to this point

I agree get a run blocking o-line so we can run up the gut, left guard position is slow an cant pull , center is ?? right guard needs upgraded, then any power back will do

the season doesn't start for quite sometime. Is there a big hurry to cut him

I would think the colts havent cut him yet because their arguing over the language of the contract and if the colts really do get off the hook of having to pay him 3.5 mil

If the Colts can get away from that absurd contract, they need to do it.   Bummer they didn't get Gore.   I thought that was going to happen.   I'd take a late round draft pick over Trent though.

Trent Richardson is still on the team, maybe Grigson and co is willing to give him one more chance.

He's had more than enough. Seriously how many more no name runningbacks do we need to put on the field to out produce him while we make him richer?

2 rb's coming off season ending injuries 2 years in a row(Ballard, Bradshaw), 2 other Backs that really did not seize the job last year (Herron, Tipton) despite having a handful of decent runs,2 other rb's completely unproven (Hill, Demps)....Basically no one has made him expendable yet rather do to unfortunate injuries or lack of carries....probably because neither Demps nor Hill can carry the load either

I'm guessing that has nothing to do with it

Trent Richardson sucked as an RB and was a bad trade, but given the situation which was pretty desperate made it equitable. JUST RUN STRAIGHT BRUH DON'T JUKE,SPIN, DIVE, DIP, OR DODGE JUST RUN STRAIGHT.

CREDENTIALS TO COACH.......NONE

He has no talent to be used against us, and hoodie doesn't pick up talentless, heartless players. Hoodie wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole, he is one of the biggest bust in NFL history, how many of those have you seen hoodie sign.

Disagree. He signed Tim Tebow (talentless) and Albert Haynesworth (heartless). Hoodie lavishes controversial signings, because he can't stand not having an article on NFL.com's front page news.

We haven't released him yet -- is he just cheaper to release at a later date? Or are we keeping him in hopes Frank Gore shows him the way?

probably keeping him for now because perhaps they got legal advice with regard to the NFL P.A. and it would be a long and drawn out mess to cut him away from his contract.

According to Over The Cap #'s we would save roughly $2,749,062.00....A fair amount yes(If I have the number right) but you have to take into account losing Bradshaw, Ballard put on IR 2 years in a row. Demps, and Hill not getting any carries last year and Tipton not get many carries either. In other words Trent is the only Back on the roster to show he can carry the ball a significant amount of times and stay healthy. I also think just because Gore is on his way that doesn't necessarily mean we will be going to a 1 Back set up(Though Grigsons comments about Gore giving us tremendous value on all 3 Downs suggest we might go to a 1 Back set perhaps), I would not be surprised at all if the team stayed with the share the load philosophy with the intent to keep Gore and the rest of our Backs healthy for the post season though.

I just think if Trent was going to be cut during this part of the offseason then it would have happened by now, I think he gets a shot in TC

Sorry, there is already a TRich thread. There is close to 2,000 comments made so I don't see how you missed it.

Mods can move it there -- figured nobody reads that any more.  Many on here don't like to read more than 2 sentences so didn't think many would be willing to scroll through over 2,000 comments to answer a simple question.

According to Over The Cap #'s we would save roughly $2,749,062.00....A fair amount yes(If I have the number right) but you have to take into account losing Bradshaw, Ballard put on IR 2 years in a row. Demps, and Hill not getting any carries last year and Tipton not get many carries either. In other words Trent is the only Back on the roster to show he can carry the ball a significant amount of times and stay healthy. I also think just because Gore is on his way that doesn't necessarily mean we will be going to a 1 Back set up(Though Grigsons comments about Gore giving us tremendous value on all 3 Downs suggest we might go to a 1 Back set perhaps), I would not be surprised at all if the team stayed with the share the load philosophy with the intent to keep Gore and the rest of our Backs healthy for the post season though.

I just think if Trent was going to be cut during this part of the offseason then it would have happened by now, I think he gets a shot in TC

"He sucks, but he stays healthy" isn't a reason to keep a RB. You have been whiffing with your off season predictions.

"He sucks, but he stays healthy" isn't a reason to keep a RB. You have been whiffing with your off season predictions.

I whiffed on 1. While "He sucks but he stays healthy" is not a good reason to keep a player it has to be a consideration because we have 2 players that are seemingly long shots to make the roster(and "He sucks but he stays healthy" happens fairly often anyway if we are being honest)....Hill, Demps. We have another Back that's been put on IR 2 years in a row (Ballard), That leaves Richardson, Tipton, Herron and Gore and many of us think a draft pick......I happen to think Richardson makes it to TC and Pre-season to fight it out with Ballard, Tipton and Herron with the draft pick a lock

Ballard

Richardson

Tipton

Herron

fight it out for that 4th rb spot.....We kept 4 on the active roster last year.....I just don't see Pagano or Grigson suspending Richardson when they could have just cut him already, I get the idea floating around is they suspended him to avoid the $3,184.000 guaranteed salary in 2015......But its a little over 3 mill.....A nice amount no doubt but little in the grand scheme of things....Now if he was owed lets say for example 5+ mill then I think the story has more legs.......Not to mention if they go through with that idea proposed and the story is true that Trents girlfriend was rushed to the hospital by him but the Colts just wanted the 3 mill then that's just dirty and a head would need to roll in my opinion (Grigson assuming he was behind the supposed idea)

Gore-Lock

Draft pick-Lock

Ballard-fight it out

Richardson-fight it out

Tipton-fight it out

Herron-fight it out

Hill-Cut or PS

Demps-Cut

No way he is given another chance,  not when anybody off the street can give you as much or more for a lot less money, he gives nothing but a prima dona attitude with no talent what so ever, this guy can't play a lick.   Attitude + no talent = sucks.  No way we carry a 3 million dollar a year, 4th string RB. His NFL career is over, if we hadn't given up a 1st round pick for him, his career would have already been over. He flat out sucks.

Posted · Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, March 15, 2015 - personal shot.
Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, March 15, 2015 - personal shot.

No way he is given another chance, not when anybody off the street can give you as much or more for a lot less money, he gives nothing but a prima dona attitude with no talent what so ever, this guy can't play a lick. Attitude + no talent = sucks. No way we carry a 3 million dollar a year, 4th string RB. His NFL career is over, if we hadn't given up a 1st round pick for him, his career would have already been over. He flat out sucks.

*pays theJACKCOLT to come in off the street. JACKCOLT can't play football, isn't athletic, can't even take a lick, eats his own words.*

TheJACKCOLT =

Posted · Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, March 14, 2015 - personal shot retort
Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, March 14, 2015 - personal shot retort

bsteves comes in off the street JACKCOLTS little sister beats the crap out of him, little bsteves goes back behind his computer and starts acting like tough guy again*

bsteves = girly man, who little sister whips

I whiffed on 1. While "He sucks but he stays healthy" is not a good reason to keep a player it has to be a consideration because we have 2 players that are seemingly long shots to make the roster(and "He sucks but he stays healthy" happens fairly often anyway if we are being honest)....Hill, Demps. We have another Back that's been put on IR 2 years in a row (Ballard), That leaves Richardson, Tipton, Herron and Gore and many of us think a draft pick......I happen to think Richardson makes it to TC and Pre-season to fight it out with Ballard, Tipton and Herron with the draft pick a lock

Ballard

Richardson

Tipton

Herron

fight it out for that 4th rb spot.....We kept 4 on the active roster last year.....I just don't see Pagano or Grigson suspending Richardson when they could have just cut him already, I get the idea floating around is they suspended him to avoid the $3,184.000 guaranteed salary in 2015......But its a little over 3 mill.....A nice amount no doubt but little in the grand scheme of things....Now if he was owed lets say for example 5+ mill then I think the story has more legs.......Not to mention if they go through with that idea proposed and the story is true that Trents girlfriend was rushed to the hospital by him but the Colts just wanted the 3 mill then that's just dirty and a head would need to roll in my opinion (Grigson assuming he was behind the supposed idea)

Gore-Lock

Draft pick-Lock

Ballard-fight it out

Richardson-fight it out

Tipton-fight it out

Herron-fight it out

Hill-Cut or PS

Demps-Cut

That's too much to read about a player as inconsequential as TRich, so I'm just going to assume you're wrong.

Posted · Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, March 14, 2015 - Quoting hidden posts
Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, March 14, 2015 - Quoting hidden posts

*pays theJACKCOLT to come in off the street. JACKCOLT can't play football, isn't athletic, can't even take a lick, eats his own words.*

TheJACKCOLT =

bsteves comes in off the street JACKCOLTS little sister beats the crap out of him, little bsteves goes back behind his computer and starts acting like tough guy again*

bsteves = girly man, who little sister whips

This is'nt Romper Room kids grow up .. :scratch: