Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

bradshaw vs richardson

CR91

who do you think should be starting or do you think it doesnt matter because we run a two back set? speaking of which, I was watching the chargers game and I saw a formation with mathews at FB and brown at RB. think we'll do something like that? 

Doesn't matter to me as they are a tandem.  I do think we need to get some staple running plays that are difficult to defend(like when we had EJ with stretch play) and be intent in running those plays to set up the play action pass. We've got to many weapons to not make it a focus.

This is like asking Jordan or Harold Miner. Peyton vs Tim Couch. Pastrami vs that soy meat. Turkey bacon vs bacon bacon. Luck vs Harnish. Richard Sherman vs Greg Toler. I could go on, but you get me

I wish it were that simple. I like Bradshaw - he's a more instinctive RB with better vision.  I though Richardson ran hard vs the Broncos but I don't see him finding holes and creases to dart through.  The Colts have an offensive line that needs a RB that can find those creases that may not be located where the play was designed to go.

I think the best thing to do, is give TRich the bulk of the snaps and carries in the first 3 quarters (give or take a drive) and then hit them with Bradshaw in the 4th.  A couple of Bradshaw's hard runs with fresh legs against a tired/tiring defense will help knock out most of the fight left in them.

Why not have them both in the backfield...... Send one (or both) out for catching and one for possible run after Luck reads the defense. They are both excellent at blocking and could take Fleener's spot since he can't block anyone, and somehow forgot how to catch as well. 

I like this idea although I doubt if it will happen much if at all.  It would be similar to when the Colts used to have James and Mingro in the backfield together.  Mungro was not a FB but he lined up in that role quite a bit (trvia:  He is the one that caught Manning's, then, TD pass that tied the TD passing record at 48).

Doesn't matter to me as they are a tandem.  I do think we need to get some staple running plays that are difficult to defend(like when we had EJ with stretch play) and be intent in running those plays to set up the play action pass. We've got to many weapons to not make it a focus.

i said awhile back "Where is the stretch play when ya need it."  Funny thing, Colts fans used to do the same thing as now....

"Why do we keep running that damned stretch play."  Never satisfied.  :spit:

I like this idea although I doubt if it will happen much if at all.  It would be similar to when the Colts used to have James and Mingro in the backfield together.  Mungro was not a FB but he lined up in that role quite a bit (trvia:  He is the one that caught Manning's, then, TD pass that tied the TD passing record at 48).

Ya, Pep wouldn't be that innovative. 

i said awhile back "Where is the stretch play when ya need it."  Funny thing, Colts fans used to do the same thing as now....

"Why do we keep running that damned stretch play."  Never satisfied.  :spit:

Darn Brent maybe we could ask Pep to install the single wing!  lol!

Why not have them both in the backfield...... Send one (or both) out for catching and one for possible run after Luck reads the defense. They are both excellent at blocking and could take Fleener's spot since he can't block anyone, and somehow forgot how to catch as well. 

Split back formation fleener or allen in the slot or at the natuarl TE position could be a hell of an idea. you could run to either side and create mismatches i like it. 

The 'Bone' with TRich, Bradshaw and Lewis..... :funny:

Wildcat with Harvey?  UHHHH.....No :)

Now the "Bone" and "T" are outdated how about a variation of Navy/Georgia T spread "O"?  lol!  All joking asides, can we go a two back "O", do the rb's run better with a lead blocker or not?  Both TRich and Bradshaw are good blockers and receivers so no problem there.  Guess we should just go with what the situation dictates.

Now the "Bone" and "T" are outdated how about a variation of Navy/Georgia T spread "O"?  lol!  All joking asides, can we go a two back "O", do the rb's run better with a lead blocker or not?  Both TRich and Bradshaw are good blockers and receivers so no problem there.  Guess we should just go with what the situation dictates.

I stay one back...I want my biggest weapons on the field. :thmup:

BTW.....I love watching Army and Navy play.

Yeah I don't want them both in the backfield, Rather not see if Richardson can block, Rather just get Havili in there when he is healthy from time to time and have him actually do things he is best at and that's running the ball and catching the ball, If Bradshaw could stay healthy then Bradshaw should/would be the starter, He is the harder runner, He has more burst, He is more decisive, He does not take a lot of unnecessary false/stutter steps...But again the question has to be asked.....Can he stay healthy? Is he 100% now after coming off a season ending injury? Hell that's why he is even on the Colts to begin with, Regardless of any of what I just said Barry Sanders is not on our roster so the O Line is going to have to do what they are paid to do this year.

I agree with that Lollygagger Fleener does suck at blocking downfield. Give your idea a shot. The darn thing might actually work. 

I wish it were that simple. I like Bradshaw - he's a more instinctive RB with better vision. I though Richardson ran hard vs the Broncos but I don't see him finding holes and creases to dart through. The Colts have an offensive line that needs a RB that can find those creases that may not be located where the play was designed to go.

Oys simple, you just don't wany yp accept it. Bradshaw is better. Trent will continue to start do to what he was traded for and his contract.

Wait, so people are really undecided on this?

lol.gif

Trent Richardson is good catching out of the backfield, so is Bradshaw. The only thing that Trent is better at is availability. Hopefully Bradshaw can stay healthy

Exactly, Bradshaw is the better back but Richardson needs to be the starter for now so we can conserve Bradshaw to be unleashed in the playoffs.

who do you think should be starting or do you think it doesnt matter because we run a two back set? speaking of which, I was watching the chargers game and I saw a formation with mathews at FB and brown at RB. think we'll do something like that?

Start Richardson as long as he's doing decent work. It's a confidence booster and Bradshaw seems to react better off the bench.

My first question is......

Why are you asking this after week one?    And TRich didn't do anything wrong,  so.......    what's the point?

But, if you're still asking,  then the answer is TRich because he's big and strong and can carry the ball a large number of times if needed.

Bradshaw is an injury looking for a carry or reception to happen.    He's the change-of-pace back now.    He's Donald Brown!

Bradshaw could not be a 14-20 touch back for a 16-game season and then the playoffs.    He simply will not hold up for that many touches over that many months.     His body will break down.

1.   TRich

2.   Bradshaw

3.   Not sure,  didn't we sign someone?

4.   Do we have another RB here?

5.   The Fullback

My first question is......

Why are you asking this after week one? And TRich didn't do anything wrong, so....... what's the point?

But, if you're still asking, then the answer is TRich because he's big and strong and can carry the ball a large number of times if needed.

Bradshaw is an injury looking for a carry or reception to happen. He's the change-of-pace back now. He's Donald Brown!

Bradshaw could not be a 14-20 touch back for a 16-game season and then the playoffs. He simply will not hold up for that many touches over that many months. His body will break down.

1. TRich

2. Bradshaw

3. Not sure, didn't we sign someone?

4. Do we have another RB here?

5. The Fullback

Boom Herron Dion Lewis

And Trent is better at getting benched.

I'm not debating that Bradshaw is not the better rb at this moment. I'm saying his track record is not good at staying healthy. Just don't want to see him go out for the year again. I already said it doesn't matter who starts as long as they split carries and ride the hot hand. They will both work well at wearing defenses down as long as we're not playing from behind all the time.

This is like asking Jordan or Harold Miner. Peyton vs Tim Couch. Pastrami vs that soy meat. Turkey bacon vs bacon bacon. Luck vs Harnish. Richard Sherman vs Greg Toler. I could go on, but you get me

I'd take Toler over Sherman. I know full well that Sherman is the "better" player, but Toler is so underrated at CB with Davis on the other side.