Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign RB Dion Lewis

MTC

I would really like to know what goes through Grigs' mind sometimes.  The Colts lose two OLB for the season so he goes out and signs a RB that may see the ball 4 or 5 times a game.

Good move Grigs, keep up the good work.

Maybe there is a trade in the works and a RB and one of our extra 6 or 7 for a pass rusher 5 rb's on the 53 is a lot almost have to assume something is in the works .

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe there is a trade in the works and a RB and one of our extra 6 or 7 for a pass rusher 5 rb's on the 53 is a lot almost have to assume something is in the works .

I was thinking same thing... wouldn't be surprised if colts trade bradshaw or trent..

I can understand if Lewis was signed as a PR.  Griff didn't seem to have the speed to get to the edge on returns the other night, and probably shouldn't have tried.

Having said that Lewis's one fumble in few carries gives me some concern.  I prefer hands over speed for my PRs.  Maybe he did not have a fumble history in college.

I can understand if Lewis was signed as a PR. Griff didn't seem to have the speed to get to the edge on returns the other night, and probably shouldn't have tried.

Having said that Lewis's one fumble in few carries gives me some concern. I prefer hands over speed for my PRs. Maybe he did not have a fumble history in college.

Everyone who's returned kicks has fumbled

Donald Brown is quite fast and his acceleration is fantastic.

I like Brown too.  I'm just saying their measurables are similar.  Lewis runs a 4.57, Brown runs a 4.51, Lewis is about 200 and Brown is about 207.  Brown is 5'10 and Lewis is 5'8.  I think Brown may have more explosion than this guy though

I like Brown too. I'm just saying their measurables are similar. Lewis runs a 4.57, Brown runs a 4.51, Lewis is about 200 and Brown is about 207. Brown is 5'10 and Lewis is 5'8. I think Brown may have more explosion than this guy though

Yeah, I'd be very surprised if Lewis is as explosive as Brown. That's probably Brown's best asset.

I would really like to know what goes through Grigs' mind sometimes.  The Colts lose two OLB for the season so he goes out and signs a RB that may see the ball 4 or 5 times a game.

Good move Grigs, keep up the good work.

Well if he sees 4 or 5 carries a game then its a good signing...I mean he would be contributing obviously....but I do have to wonder where the help will come from. We can only blitz so much....I mean I think it was fairly effective the other night against a great OL...but what I worry about is the space we are abandoning being exploited and running qbs having room to roam if we break containment. Good qbs will pick blitzs apart...perhaps in our division we feel we can get away with it. I imagine a move for depth at some point...likely they want to take their time and get the RIGHT guy...not just the FIRST guy.

The move makes me wonder if there isn't an injury to TR, Bradshaw, or Boom

Possible....sometimes you see a guy available...you might not need him but he is too good to pass up...you roll the dice and take him on the off chance he may help you at some point....perhaps Grigs thought he was too good to be sitting out on the wire and IF we ever needed him he would be gone by then...

Possible....sometimes you see a guy available...you might not need him but he is too good to pass up...you roll the dice and take him on the off chance he may help you at some point....perhaps Grigs thought he was too good to be sitting out on the wire and IF we ever needed him he would be gone by then...

He could also provide ST help

Well if he sees 4 or 5 carries a game then its a good signing...I mean he would be contributing obviously....but I do have to wonder where the help will come from. We can only blitz so much....I mean I think it was fairly effective the other night against a great OL...but what I worry about is the space we are abandoning being exploited and running qbs having room to roam if we break containment. Good qbs will pick blitzs apart...perhaps in our division we feel we can get away with it. I imagine a move for depth at some point...likely they want to take their time and get the RIGHT guy...not just the FIRST guy.

I really can't tell if this is a serious post or not.  I was talking touches... I assume the 4 or 5 will be KO returns and maybe PR.

I was all for signing a potential depth OLB and I saw in another thread after I posted that Grigs signed some other bottom feeder to replace Johnson, and for the record I don't have a problem with signing a bottom feeder, that is all a team can get this time of year.  And I don't have a problem with this signing other than it makes no sense.

I would rather they signed LaMicheal James

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 1h

Former 49ers RB LaMicheal James cleared waivers and is now free to sign anywhere he chooses, per source.

That's shocking actually. Would have thought for sure Baltimore would pick him off waivers.