Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign RB Dion Lewis

MTC

I really like the signing. Dion Lewis a quick speedy back. 

No word yet on who got waived. Have to assume its Zurlon Tipton.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The #Colts have signed RB Dion Lewis, per a league source. Lewis last played for the #Browns.

— Rand Getlin (@Rand_Getlin)

September 9, 2014

It's a two-year deal with the #Colts for RB Dion Lewis. Talented addition to the Indianapolis backfield.

— Rand Getlin (@Rand_Getlin)

September 9, 2014

I really like the signing. Dion Lewis a quick speedy back. 

No word yet on who got waived. Have to assume its Zurlon Tipton.

No one got cut -- C. Johnson went to IR.  5 RBs and a FB seems like a bit much to me (I guess Harvey can kind of play LB and he is good on ST's, so maybe the coaches don't see his spot as a 'true fullback').

I worry if we move Tipton to PS that he'll get swooped up to another team's 53 man roster -- I'd like to see Bradshaw stay healthy a few more weeks before we make that move.

Great, now we are raiding the dumpster of one of the worst NFL teams.

Rob Chudzinski

Trent Richardson

D'Qwell Jackson

Mike Adams

Dion Lewis

In there defense.......... everyone on the browns team would play better if there were on just about any other team lol

In 24 regular season games he has 36 carries 2 TD's and 1 fumble...Scat Back...Not an every down back, He is explosive (accelerates quick), Can make ya miss...Can catch the ball.....I think he clearly he has short area quickness not great long speed, I'd put the kid in as both a Kick and Punt Returner

Lewis is a good back, but I don't recall him being a blazer.  He runs a 4.57 so I'd said he's in the area or a little bit less than Brown. He's got decent speed, but I don't remember him being used as a punt or kick returner at all.  I could be wrong though. 

Trade for Manziel confirmed.

funny thing about TRich trade. Everyone remains steadfast in the belief the Colts got fleeced by the Browns. This ultimately may turn out the case, but we got TRich for last season ( yeah, I know but work with me here) and this season for the 26th Pick. The Browns packaged #26 to move up to get Manziel at #22 who gave them nothing last season (obviously) and is riding the bench today. TRich hasn't emerged big time, and I know we might have picked an impact player at 26, but as of today it's way too early to judge the trade IMO at least.

Lewis is a good back, but I don't recall him being a blazer. He runs a 4.57 so I'd said he's in the area or a little bit less than Brown. He's got decent speed, but I don't remember him being used as a punt or kick returner at all. I could be wrong though.

Donald Brown is quite fast and his acceleration is fantastic.