Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mathis Roasts Brad Wells

NCost12

Wells has got it figured out:

1) He can't write

2) He knows nothing about football

3) He knows little about the Colts

So he figures if he says shocking things, it will get attention.  And to his credit, it works.   I wish he would just go away.  @FakeBradWells and @TrueBradWells are funnier on twitter.

I'm surprised Brad Wells hasn't just gone away or replaced by SBnation. I don't think anyone likes him. 

Why would you even question Robert Mathis? I guess he just wanted attention and he got it from Mathis himself. 

I saw Mathis rocking his 55 jersey court side during game 5. I was up in the nosebleeds but I knew it had to be him. He supports his team, tweets or no tweets. Maybe he was actually watching the game not sitting there on his phone!

Not for nothing I think Wells brings an interesting and needed perspective to Colts media. Often his points are valid and should be considered as part of the overall narrative. That said, his delivery and tone are irritating, undermine his credibility, and polarize to the point he devalues the legitimacy of what he is saying.

I really don't know why Wells would even make a point of the fans not cheering when the Pacers were getting beat pretty bad. :scratch:   I think that is standard action for most fans when their team is laying an egg. If your team is bad there is nothing to cheer about. :facepalm:

1) He can't write

I wish he would just go away.  @FakeBradWells and @TrueBradWells are funnier on twitter.

Exactly lenny, you read my mind, Mr. Wells has poor writing skills & is not well versed in what he thinks he is. 

I disagree on your "Just go away" point though. Everyone needs a pathetic example of journalism to fully appreciate outstanding writing & Brad is the epitome of an atrocious sports reporter in my book. You can't appreciate light without the darkness first right? Otherwise, a great post.  :thmup:

I really need to work on my memory...  At least once a week I forget that he does the "NFL Nation Buzz: Colts" on my ESPN app, click it and then the rest of my day is ruined.  It's complete garbage and wouldn't doubt it makes the rest of the non-Colts football fans wonder if that is really the best we could supply to give out Colts news.

I really need to work on my memory... At least once a week I forget that he does the "NFL Nation Buzz: Colts" on my ESPN app, click it and then the rest of my day is ruined. It's complete garbage and wouldn't doubt it makes the rest of the non-Colts football fans wonder if that is really the best we could supply to give out Colts news.

Wrong Wells, you are talking about Mike Wells

Some of you guys don't have to be that critical towards him.

If you post your stupid opinions on the internet and promote yourself as a legitimate journalist, you can't really complain when people criticize you for it.

1) He can't write

So he figures if he says shocking things, it will get attention.  And to his credit, it works.   I wish he would just go away.  @FakeBradWells and @TrueBradWells are funnier on twitter.

You nailed it. I was a member over there a few years ago and routinely posted about his misspellings and terrible use of grammar and I basically called him unprofessional and I got banned. The guy just writes inflammatory stuff most of the time and yes it's nothing more than a ploy for attention. National Inquirer for the NFL

It's a shame that Wells is associated with a pretty good blog. Josh Wilson wrote a detailed breakdown of all of the Colts UDFAs. I encourage everyone to read it.

I also encourage everyone to never click on anything Wells writes. Maybe they'll get the hint and can him.

It's a shame that Wells is associated with a pretty good blog. Josh Wilson wrote a detailed breakdown of all of the Colts UDFAs. I encourage everyone to read it.

I also encourage everyone to never click on anything Wells writes. Maybe they'll get the hint and can him.

very true, there are some good writers over there. It's just a shame that he's the face of the blog. Though I do click on what Brad writes but never read it. I just wait a while and go straight to the comments section.

very true, there are some good writers over there. It's just a shame that he's the face of the blog. Though I do click on what Brad writes but never read it. I just wait a while and go straight to the comments section.

Yeah, the negative comments are usually pretty funny. But to him, that's as if someone bought his paper and threw it away. He's still happy for the sale.

Too bad there's not a way to read the comments without giving him the pleasure of a page click.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, May 17, 2014 - inappropriate
Hidden by Superman, May 17, 2014 - inappropriate

I am sure Brad would like to meet Michael Sam in a dark alley somewhere the way he gushes about him.

Don't you mean Brad would like Michael Sam's meat in his dark alley