Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cut Hasselbeck?

COLTSFAN12to13

Harnish is horrible, probably worse than Curtis Painter. If we ever lose Luck, we're in big trouble anyway.

Your wrong!!! Harnish is okay in the pre season

I think Satele could be a better Quarterback than Painter.....

I thought 2011 would have taught Colts fans the reason why you pay for a good back up QB.

Ehhh ....that roster in 2011 couldn't have produced more than 5-6 wins even with a good back up. Not sure last year's team would have won too many games with Hassleback at QB. Now this year could be a different story as the roster should be pretty solid up and down.

How much would cutting Laron Landry, and Erik walden save?

And Greg Toler?

You do realize if we done that(and we won't) but even if they did, they would have to be replaced too. Who ya gonna replace them with? They would have to be cheap and then we would be worse off than before. Can you people that keep suggesting this nonsense just use your brains for a few seconds and realize just how dumb this releasing players idea really is?

Cutting our backup QB Matt Hasselbeck would save us 2.25 million dollars. Would this be a smart idea? Is Harnish a good enough backup to Luck? 

I'm not sure we should cut Hasselbeck but honestly i could see it happening, would allow us more flexibility on the open market. 

There is no chance of this happening. We're a playoff team and we need an experienced backup.

Cutting our backup QB Matt Hasselbeck would save us 2.25 million dollars. Would this be a smart idea? Is Harnish a good enough backup to Luck? 

I'm not sure we should cut Hasselbeck but honestly i could see it happening, would allow us more flexibility on the open market. 

You do realize if we done that(and we won't) but even if they did, they would have to be replaced too. Who ya gonna replace them with? They would have to be cheap and then we would be worse off than before. Can you people that keep suggesting this nonsense just use your brains for a few seconds and realize just how dumb this releasing players idea really is?

You could replace all of them with rookies and wouldnt even notice. Maybe sign a vet to replace Toler

You could replace all of them with rookies and wouldnt even notice. Maybe sign a vet to replace Toler

Yeah, you say that now, but when they started screwing up during the season, you'd be throwing a fit and saying how dumb Grigson was for releasing our veterans during the off season.

I don't think it is worth to keep a backup for 2.2 mil.  That's a lot of money.

May be recently released  Brandon Weeden can be brought in to replace Hasselbeck IMO.

Sure he sucks as a starter but he is well known to Chuzinski and may just be fine as a capable backup.

Plus he won't cost much and is much younger. It will be a low risk investment for the Colts.

Dumb, for two reasons.  One, Harnish, the would be backup, has never played in a NFL regular season game.  Two, Hasselbeck is a great mentor for Luck.  If we keep Hasselbeck, I think that Andrew Luck will get better than he would if we cut Hasselbeck.

Howell could definitely play Landry's spot. And Toler misses so many games, it would be impossible to miss him. And Walden, LoL.

please enlighten us on what Walden was supposed to do that he didn't.  In what aspects of his position responsibilities did he fail to live up to your expectations?

please enlighten us on what Walden was supposed to do that he didn't.  In what aspects of his position responsibilities did he fail to live up to your expectations?

Duh.....if you aren't, like,  a pro bowler.....you don't, like, belong on the team........man