Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mutual interest between Arthur Jones and Colts (merge)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes on a Good run stuffer. Franklin did not get it done. Hughes and Pendleton can both play some nose. But lets get Deep.

McNary will be good as a PR LB. Muamo is built for it but will likely take awhile to get up to speed. So yes we are set up to add another speedy ILB.

Adongo should be ready for some attempts at some point, and Cam Johnson is being developed. A future Mathis Replacement could be drafted.

Completely agree BBS. I don't care how we get it, but we need to give Mathis some help. Let's face it, he's putting up 15 sacks a season every year. He shouldn't have to either. If we can get another rusher to take some heat off Robert, it will make our entire defense better.

Completely agree BBS. I don't care how we get it, but we need to give Mathis some help. Let's face it, he's putting up 15 sacks a season every year. He shouldn't have to either. If we can get another rusher to take some heat off Robert, it will make our entire defense better.

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

I'm torn...DJack is a Jacka$$. And we already have a fast/small receiver. But, can you ever really have too many weapons?

Ehhh, his dumd tail would probably think he's going to break the bank $$$ on a new deal.

I'm with you on that. I have never been more excited myself... and it is nice to see so many players interested in coming to Indy to be part of the greatest team on planet Earth.

I love it! When Polian was here we never had anything to get excited about as far as FA goes. The most we could get excited about was giving guys like Kelvin Hayden and Gary Brackett top dollar contracts.

More importantly at this point, Has the Colts shown any interest in a Center (I say more importantly because there is far less quality starting talent at Center in the draft then there is D Linemen that can rotate in our scheme). Jones would be a nice signing but more a luxury pick, Redding is a solid (yet inconsistent) DE who can play Nose as well, Though I would like to get Jones I dont think its needed

I love it! When Polian was here we never had anything to get excited about as far as FA goes. The most we could get excited about was giving guys like Kelvin Hayden and Gary Brackett top dollar contracts.

This is one aspect I truly never understood about Polian is his inability, or unwillingness to bring in free agents. Sure you like to build through the draft, but a few big names here and there would have been cool. You can't be afraid to make a splash once in a while... even a belly flop.

This is one aspect I truly never understood about Polian is his inability, or unwillingness to bring in free agents. Sure you like to build through the draft, but a few big names here and there would have been cool. You can't be afraid to make a splash once in a while... even a belly flop.

We never had cap space because Polian over paid mediocre players that were already on the roster.

This signing makes so much sense..

He comes to a winning organization..

Reunites with Pagano.

Upgrades our defensive line..

I like how the Titans are trying to pursue everyone we do..

NO ONE wants to play for you fools! Deal with it!

The Titans are going for everyone that every team is going for! They need any decent player they can get! haha

We never had cap space because Polian over paid mediocre players that were already on the roster.

Sigh, there is an old saying about doing something over and over again... and hoping for a different outcome. Grigson has been a breath of fresh air in almost all aspects. No matter how much people get on him for certain things. This team is a lot better off now.

He won't come cheap. Like all Raven's defensive players, Ellerbe, Kruger, expect to pay a premium with many other bidders. They generally never do as well as when they played in Baltimore

true, but he is worth the $$, I still have nightmares of Blount running all over us in the playoffs, Arthur Jones would instantly be our best defensive lineman, and we got D'Qwell Jackson. I like the Jackson move, and would love the Jones move, even if it is for around 8 million per year, though Bennett took less money than 8 per, so maybe we can use that to convince Jones to maybe take a little less? Such as 7 million per year?

true, but he is worth the $$, I still have nightmares of Blount running all over us in the playoffs, Arthur Jones would instantly be our best defensive lineman, and we got D'Qwell Jackson. I like the Jackson move, and would love the Jones move, even if it is for around 8 million per year, though Bennett took less money than 8 per, so maybe we can use that to convince Jones to maybe take a little less? Such as 7 million per year?

Art is very good and an up and coming defensive lineman. We have other defensive linemen, and have more pressing needs elsewhere, hence the reason we are not signing him. Like Redding, he would do well for you.

I was shocked at how much Kruger and Ellerbe got on the open market. Jones is no secret as many teams know about him , so expect him to get a big contract. I think he will be a good pick up, but like the last two guys I mentioned , don't expect any discounts. All three have Super Bowl wins and played well, so they deserve the big contract. The Colts have the dough, so it shouldn't be a problem. We have 26 million, but have other needs, defensive line not being one of them.

I like Jones as a player but do we really need another DE? I was hoping we show interest for a defensive back instead that's what we need to focus on

Are you serious?  

How many sacks did our D-line get last year?  Was there any consistent pressure on the QB from anyone not named Robert Mathis?  NO.  If Robert Mathis goes down any QB would have the time to take a lunch break and eat a sandwich in the pocket while he decides who to throw to.  If he as a really good offensive line he could fit in a little cat nap.

Did Tom Brady aka the best player on the Patroits team even have to break a sweat when the Pat's beat us?  Not he just let Blout a mediocre RB run all over us like he was Adrian Peterson.  

DL is perhaps the biggest need.

Are you serious?  

How many sacks did our D-line get last year?  Was there any consistent pressure on the QB from anyone not named Robert Mathis?  NO.  If Robert Mathis goes down any QB would have the time to take a lunch break and eat a sandwich in the pocket while he decides who to throw to.  If he as a really good offensive line he could fit in a little cat nap.

Did Tom Brady aka the best player on the Patroits team even have to break a sweat when the Pat's beat us?  Not he just let Blout a mediocre RB run all over us like he was Adrian Peterson.  

DL is perhaps the biggest need.

exactly...improve the D line and linebackers and you won't have to have world beaters in the secondary...just solid and things will fall into place...it all starts up front