Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mutual interest between Arthur Jones and Colts (merge)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to know!!! Cory Redding is in his last leg and Rico Mathews does not quite fit the rotation as well like Moala does.

Redding, Moala, RJF and Jones would be an outstanding rotation with fresh legs.

NOOOOOOO!

Please no more Moala. He is an Angerer.  MHughes & Pendleton both are an ugrade. JMO of course.

per rotoworld

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Colts' interest is "very real," and the "interest is mutual."

The Colts could use a pocket-pushing end to play across from run-stuffer Ricky Jean-Francois. Jones certainly makes sense in Indy, but the Colts have a ton of competition, including from the division-rival Titans. Jones has drawn interest from both 3-4 and 4-3 teams. He's a candidate to break the bank.
Related: Colts

NOOOOOOO!

Please no more Moala. He is an Angerer.  MHughes & Pendleton both are an ugrade. JMO of course.

Oh yeah, Moala's contract is up, isn't it? I thought he was still under contract.

However, I thought he played well enough as a 3-4 DE, better than as a 4-3 UT that Polian drafted him for. In fact, his last few years at USC, he played as a 3-4 DE and I think that suits him better than 4-3 UT.

I would like Jones as well, but where does that leave RJF?

Neither can play nose tackle. 

As the LDE. It leaves Redding on the bench at the start of the game. He got mopped up in the playoffs.

SF used RJF at Nose, primarily in passing situations. We did at least once in the playoffs and he blew through the line and was chasing the QB.  RJF & Jones in the middle of our 4-2-5 on 3rd and long- VG.

I'd like to see the Colts do what Seattle does and have a big rotation of D-lineman...now I understand that it helps to be deep at the d-line to do that, which it looks like what they're trying to do. It'll also help out the secondary tremendously having a solid pass rush. I think it was pretty well known that last year pass rush was going to be an issue, but with an extra year for last years rookies and some solid FA signings this year could go a long way to helping that.

As the LDE. It leaves Redding on the bench at the start of the game. He got mopped up in the playoffs.

SF used RJF at Nose, primarily in passing situations. We did at least once in the playoffs and he blew through the line and was chasing the QB.  RJF & Jones in the middle of our 4-2-5 on 3rd and long- VG.

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

I would like Jones as well, but where does that leave RJF?

Neither can play nose tackle. 

I know Redding's played nose a little bit, and RJF played there at times in SF...Jones could probably do it as well if need be. Chapman should get the bulk of the NT snaps though. I would like to see NT depth addressed with a late round pick like Ellis or Kerr.

I'd like it. The D-line would be much improved. I would want to see us bring in a NT, and maybe a pass rushing linebacker.

Yes on a Good run stuffer. Franklin did not get it done. Hughes and Pendleton can both play some nose. But lets get Deep.

McNary will be good as a PR LB. Muamo is built for it but will likely take awhile to get up to speed. So yes we are set up to add another speedy ILB.

Adongo should be ready for some attempts at some point, and Cam Johnson is being developed. A future Mathis Replacement could be drafted.