Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts to possibly bring Ahmad Bradshaw back

TKnight24

@HolderStephen: #Colts free agency update--Vontae Davis talks, and interesting update on Ahmad Bradshaw. His return still possible: http://t.co/nDwM1h0aHD

@HolderStephen: I had kinda closed the door on Ahmad returning to Indy, but wondering now if that was premature. Very sketchy but interesting. #Colts

@HolderStephen: In that link, I also threw in a little on possible veteran cuts, to give a little context on what might be happening there. #Colts

That dude showed us he was the real deal. Some crazy cuts and runs.
Now he has had a year to rest his feet and legs. Hoping the neck injury is 100%. If we don`t keep Donald, yes.
I`d Much rather be going into next season with the same crew we started with last season than Anything with TRich`s name in it.

Kinda liked Dan Herrons effort.

I said this a few months ago; he'll be with us or probably nowhere.

We took a flyer on him last year because of concerns over durability when there was little interest in him league wide. Nothing happened last year to quell this league concern, if anything they were confirmed. That would suggest that there would be even less league interest.

If we're comfortable with his neck, we'll be the only one interested in signing him. If we're not comfortable, he'll be done.

I said this a few months ago; he'll be with us or probably nowhere.

We took a flyer on him last year because of concerns over durability when there was little interest in him league wide. Nothing happened last year to quell this league concern, if anything they were confirmed. That would suggest that there would be even less league interest.

If we're comfortable with his neck, we'll be the only one interested in signing him. If we're not comfortable, he'll be done.

Yes. All this

I'm all for it, been thinking it since he got injured. Get him for cheap, play him lightly at start of season and see what happens. With ballard coming off an ACL injury and Trich being VERY questionable, I say bring back the guy that won us a game(SF). I really don't want to re-sign donald brown unless it's cheap anyways, I don't like one-year wonder players(same reason I don't really want Verner).

Are all of you subscribed to Indy Star because I couldn't access the article.

Okay I see what you mean. You have a LIMITED number of article viewing over a 30day span if you're not a subscriber. So you must've reached your limit buddy :( but here's the link again

http://www.indystar.com/story/colts-insider/2014/03/04/colts-free-agency-updates-vontae-davis-ahmad-bradshaw-samson-satele/6011089/

Why would we resign Brown for starter money when we all know Richardson and Ballard are going to get most of the carries..

Bradshaw makes more sense.. He will play for cheap, and be our third back.

Keep him fresh, and once we wear defenses down bring him in for the kill shot.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

I remember a grigson quote after the playoff loss saying that we're bringing two injured running backs back. Ballard and Bradshaw?

Maybe, but Trent had surgery a few weeks ago so maybe that counts. Who knows? This organization always keeps the suspense up

Okay I see what you mean. You have a LIMITED number of article viewing over a 30day span if you're not a subscriber. So you must've reached your limit buddy :( but here's the link again

http://www.indystar.com/story/colts-insider/2014/03/04/colts-free-agency-updates-vontae-davis-ahmad-bradshaw-samson-satele/6011089/

It's a shame you can't just clear your cache/cookies and use private/incognito browsing.

Cough.

Doesn't appear to be much interest in bringing Brown back.  I'd welcome him but he probably wants too much money.  Ballard wasn't a fast guy before the ACL so who knows what we have there.  Counting on Richardson to carry the load at this point seems foolish.  Bradshaw was in beast mode for the Niners game and will be vet minimum.  Cheap, high reward potential signing.  Guys in the 50-53 roster spot range are always going to have drawbacks.  I'll take the guy that has proved he can put up huge numbers when healthy as one of those last spots please, especially since I see little reason to trust Richardson will be a viable starter next year.

It's a shame you can't just clear your cache/cookies and use private/incognito browsing.

Cough.

Lol, I don't need that. I'm on my android phone. When that notice pops up, I just hit the "x" to close the window and I can view the article

Bradshaw and Ballard are my favorite RB's on the team but I have my doubts on

Bradshaw staying healthy with the neck injury. They need to instill a platoon style

of a rotation and get each guy 7-10 touches a game instead of one guy being used

as a battering ram most of the game.

Use T Rich sparingly if that sloth is still on the team.

What is the update on his health status?

I have no problem giving Bradshaw another look next season, but I'm hoping he's not our 'Plan A'. Who knows what Ballard will look like after season-ending injury?  TRich isn't looking like a go-to back yet.  There's a great deal of question marks with all three of those guys.  Lord forbid one go down with injury(again!).  

I, for one, will certainly sleep better if there's a starting caliber RB who's not currently on the roster.

You can get around this problem by getting the Firefox add-on "Self-Destructing Cookies 0.4.3". It dumps cookies from any site when you close the tab, giving you a fresh start on the limited number of articles.  It not only dumps tracking cookies but also so-called "zombie cookies" as well.

If Bradshaw is healthy he would be a huge upgrade over Mr. turtle Richardson. The Colts need to resign him because he won't cost much, and I like a platoon system of Bradshaw and Ballard, and keep the turtle on the bench, or better yet cut him.