Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts to possibly bring Ahmad Bradshaw back

TKnight24

Bringing Bradshaw back would be a win.  His contract will be cheap and the need is there.

More than just cheap UAFHoosier, Bradshaw is a thick, bulldozer with speed. I will always defend Bradshaw. 

I have no problem with this, Bradshaw runs like a monster when he's healthy. 

You've got that right MOB! Bradshaw is gonna return to his NY Giants SB winning form for INDY this season.  :thmup:  SW1 should be his agent. I'm a huge supporter of his. The guy is a freaking stud. 

@HolderStephen: #Colts free agency update--Vontae Davis talks, and interesting update on Ahmad Bradshaw. His return still possible: http://t.co/nDwM1h0aHD

"With Vick Ballard returning from a knee injury, perhaps there's no overwhelming pressure to bring Bradshaw back. And concerns about his health (he played in only three games last season) don't help his case, either. But if he's got something left, Bradshaw is exactly the type of physical running back coach Chuck Pagano and the Colts want." 

What fool of a journalist wrote that piece of trash? [What I bolded] Sir, don't make me hurt you. LOL! Just kidding! Such short sidedness has no place in my book. 

Thanks for the article TK24!  :thmup: Stephen Holder is sadly mistaken & severely misguided in his analysis IMHO. 

He fits what the Colts want to be at runningback.  If he's back I doubt we see Brown kept.  They would probably go with Bradshaw, Richardson, and Ballard. 

Yes, that 3 headed monster sounds A okay with me GC8818. I appreciate all of Donald Brown's contributions in INDY, good luck on year new squad, but personally, I won't miss Donald all that much. 

PS if SW1 is wrong about Bradshaw & he has a horrible season, I will be here to take my lumps. I do not run from criticism. If I am wrong, I own it, but Bradshaw is due for breakout year. 

Doesn't appear to be much interest in bringing Brown back.  I'd welcome him but he probably wants too much money.  Ballard wasn't a fast guy before the ACL so who knows what we have there.  Counting on Richardson to carry the load at this point seems foolish.  Bradshaw was in beast mode for the Niners game and will be vet minimum.  Cheap, high reward potential signing.  Guys in the 50-53 roster spot range are always going to have drawbacks.  I'll take the guy that has proved he can put up huge numbers when healthy as one of those last spots please, especially since I see little reason to trust Richardson will be a viable starter next year.

Right Dan..

Few want to say it out loud but our coaches do not like Donald Brown's style of running...never did.

..and he wont be offered a contract at all..

To Chuck and Pep..an injury-prone Bradshaw is much better than a healthy Brown.

If Ahmad B. is healthy...he's a proven runner...I'd risk the cash.

He'd be the starter by mid-season..

Right Dan..

Few want to say it out loud but our coaches do not like Donald Brown's style of running...never did.

..and he wont be offered a contract at all..

To Chuck and Pep..an injury-prone Bradshaw is much better than a healthy Brown.

If Ahmad B. is healthy...he's a proven runner...I'd risk the cash.

He'd be the starter by mid-season..

I'd never thought of it that way.  Brown was complete ineffective before last year and I think that's the reason our coaches weren't sold on him.  Pagano hasn't been shy about wanting a power running game so you may be correct about him not liking Brown's style of running, but I hope that doesn't mean we won't ever try to have a second or third guy with a lot of speed instead of power.  Totally agree about a healthy Bradshaw being the starter.  A healthy Bradshaw should be the starter game 1 based on production, but I think we all know Richardson is going to get the nod regardless of who actually deserves it based on production.