Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pete Morelli ref for our game on Saturday.

Dustin

No, what I am saying is...

I fear the refs will let the NE db's get away with mugging our receivers all over the field.

To be fair though they could let us get away with a few things too. I really don't know. I think the officiating at times this year has been unpredictable at times and flat out awful even. So it's a toss up.

It could be a sloppy game too if the reports of heavy rain are true. 

We shall see and hope for the best.

He referee'd the Colts-Steelers game in 05 if I remember well.

one of the most critical non calls camethat no one mentions is on 4th and 1 at midfield for Pittsburghn with about 8 minutes or so to go in the game . Alan Faneca twitched, causing Freeney to jump. While the Pittsburgh sideline screamed that it was offside it was clear that it was a false start. What was worse was that Morelli called a "do over" as in "nothing". Pitt convereted the 4th an inches (would have been 4th and 5) and another 3rd down and chewed up almost 4 more minutes. On the ensuing drive, Peyton threw the interception (wink, wink) to Polamalu.

To be fair though they could let us get away with a few things too. I really don't know. I think the officiating at times this year has been unpredictable at times and flat out awful even. So it's a toss up.

True, but there is no doubt the patriots secondary will try to mug and hold our receivers early on in the game.

Thats the way they play.

Belichick will take full advantage if the refs dont call the penalties.

It's sad that we have to worry about who the ref will be each week. The officiating has been very poor this year IMO.

Absolutely!  I swear that the refs. are paying too much attention to the injury issue fouls, head butts, defenceless players, etc. that they are not paying attention to the overall game rules... They have been so inconsistent this year.

I just about given up on getting mad about the way Mathis is getting mugged every game, I'm amazed he has gotten the sacks he has this year. I can't believe how the defenders get away with that arm bar thing across his neck so much, just pathetic.

Hopefully the league looks into it after the season, some revisions need to be made.

Plus get rid of some of these chumps who are obviously very bad at their job.

<I feel better, now>

one of the most critical non calls camethat no one mentions is on 4th and 1 at midfield for Pittsburghn with about 8 minutes or so to go in the game . Alan Faneca twitched, causing Freeney to jump. While the Pittsburgh sideline screamed that it was offside it was clear that it was a false start. What was worse was that Morelli called a "do over" as in "nothing". Pitt convereted the 4th an inches (would have been 4th and 5) and another 3rd down and chewed up almost 4 more minutes. On the ensuing drive, Peyton threw the interception (wink, wink) to Polamalu.

Yeah, Morelli missed that interception.

Whatever, it was 9 years ago.

It's sad that we have to worry about who the ref will be each week. The officiating has been very poor this year IMO.

especially in the san fran green bay game sunday. no defensive holding or pass interference calls ALL NIGHT and then on the niners final drive they call one. def. screwed the packers over but funny because i was watching it with my dad and i told him that it would happen that way. 

True, but there is no doubt the patriots secondary will try to mug and hold our receivers early on in the game.

Thats the way they play.

I don't know about NE (haven't really followed them much), but in watching our games, I've always thought that our secondary also does a lot of grabbing and holding, so if it goes both ways, it may be a wash.

I fear the refs will let the NE db's get away with mugging our receivers all over the field.

I agree.  This bears watching closely.  There were some muggings that went uncalled with him earlier this year where Bob Lamey was about to go down and strangle him.

As long as we did not have Ron Winter and his crew I was happy.  They NEVER called holding on linemen vs. Mathis....NEVER (Yes I know Mathis gets held on every play :))   :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!!

Thats the way they play.

It is hard to beat NE in NE,  but I think this Colts team will prove  it CAN be done.

It is hard to beat NE in NE,  but I think this Colts team will prove  it CAN be done.

At least it does not look like snow at this point....but lots of rain

nt_rain.gif
Saturday Night
Showers likely. Not as cool. Near steady temperature in the upper 40s. Chance of rain 70 percent.

chancerain.gif

Thats the way they play.

Make no mistake, if true that's a win for us.  Aside from Seattle, our DB's are close to the top in terms of legal muggins; it's one reason Denver/Manning looked off against us.

Thats the way they play.

And a good coach will get as much out of the rules as the refs will allow and adjust from there. The one thing tony dungy did not do and it cost us plenty of post season wins although we didn't have press corners back then either but they mugged us and let their guys run clean. I'm not sure we are much further with heavy press guys at this point of the season. I think pags will test the level of the refs allowance to defend though.

Morelli is one of the worst.

Hope he dosent put the screws to us, by letting the pats get away with holding.

Here is an interesting article on the NFL officials:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/105153/inside-slant-the-lenient-peter-morelli

Well, we just had Walt Anderson (who, according to that list throws the most flags) and I didn't think they threw many flags at all. In fact, I thought they missed MANY obvious flags.