Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts OL

Horse Shoe Heaven

OL played just how that combination has played all year when they were together, nothing surprising, except for Satele looked a little better than his normal bad self. And Hugh Thorton he was playing hard to the echo of the whistle all game hustling

Can someone post that OL analysis someone does on the Colts?  That would be pretty interesting.  I have not had the stomach to re-watch the first half of that game yet, but have watched the second half several times.  There were a couple plays where Mcglynn got pushed back into Andrew, and Cherilus I thought also struggled.  He was really struggling with Houston.  But on the whole, I thought they played pretty well.

I don't know what the so called experts on here think. I like to know everyone's knowledge of pass blocking, run blocking, etc, etc is, since people think the OL struggled Saturday.

Do people realize that other defenses' are  trying to get to the quarterback?

Do people behind a computer screen even know what stunts are, the size of a defensive end is, blitz packages defenses use to create pressure?

I can say after Saturday's game, yes the OL still can improve on run blocking but for pass protection the OL line did a fine job even when the defense KNEW you were going to be passing.

GEEZ

That being said, I do give huge props to Hugh Thornton. It was arguably the best game of his career IMO.

i ws about to say that. I rewatched the game yesterday (DVR), he was excelent on pass pro and good on run blocking. I think the team will not target a starting G in the offseason (like many of us wanted) and will instead just try to get depth and a C. Its probably gonna be Castonzo Thomas x Thornton Cherilus for the future.

So i guess unless the team doesnt believe on Thomas coming back...good bye asamoah like many wanted?

Satele had the play of his career Saturday. Donald's fumbled bounced off the great Satele's head and back in the direction of Luck, so I will lay off of him for now.

OL simply has to limit pressure though, even if sack totals were low. Give 12 time and he picks teams apart

I have not rewatched the game but being there I spent most of my time watching the line (they showed the replay after every play on the big screens) and the line did well.  Luck had a nice pocket to move around in much of the game, the Chiefs had 4 Quarterback hits and 1 sack on 45 drop backs,  and they only had one TFL in the run game.

The Colts D on the other hand had 2 sacks and 5 QB hits and 4 tackles for a loss.  They were perfect and I would like to see McGlynn and Satele replaced as much as anyone, but they held their own against one of the best front 7 defensive fronts in the NFL.

AC did a great job on Hali limiting him to 1 tackle and 1 QB hit.  Thornton, as mentioned, played a great game and was a big reason why Johnson (one of the better LBers in the league) had no real impact plays.

I have not rewatched the game but being there I spent most of my time watching the line (they showed the replay after every play on the big screens) and the line did well.  Luck had a nice pocket to move around in much of the game, the Chiefs had 4 Quarterback hits and 1 sack on 45 drop backs,  and they only had one TFL in the run game.

The Colts D on the other hand had 2 sacks and 5 QB hits and 4 tackles for a loss.  They were perfect and I would like to see McGlynn and Satele replaced as much as anyone, but they held their own against one of the best front 7 defensive fronts in the NFL.

AC did a great job on Hali limiting him to 1 tackle and 1 QB hit.  Thornton, as mentioned, played a great game and was a big reason why Johnson (one of the better LBers in the league) had no real impact plays.

Agree I thought Satelle and Mcglynns pass blocking was much better & the Chiefs knew we had to throw as well.

Hugh Thornton is starting to play really well. On the Luck touchdown recovery he blew up the line baker 

Yes he did and it wasn't his man to blow up. McGlynn completely whiffed on the LB forcing Thornton to pick him up instead of kicking out the DE (Fleener messed up and took the DE as well). This freed Eric Berry to come through and make the hit on Brown to force the fumble. It would have been an easy TD had McGlynn made that block. Worked out either way.

Good Morning Mr Sunshine :)

Forgive me for enjoying a less than giant WR cleaning out a big nasty guy on D for the crucial block that allowed the TD. You know you're meant to enjoy watching your time right? :P

Pshhh don't pay negativity any mind, not worth the fight to try to make them positive

To answer your question yes I saw the block. Almost brought tears to my eyes watching little Griff Whalen block

DHB also had a great block & it was the one that injured Brandon Flowers I do believe if my memory is right

I was happy with the OL's performance overall.  Always room for improvement but all in all they did a heck of a job against one of the most vaunted front 7's in the league. 

let's see if they can continue the trend this week against NE...

Going to be tough, New England is 4th in the NFL in sacks.  Chandler Jones and Rob Ninkovich combine for 20 sacks and DT Chris Jones has 6, and NT Sealver Siliga with 3.  But the main guys, Chandler Jones and Rob Ninkovich are a challenge.. even against Mobile quarterbacks.  They sacked Cam Newton 4 times. 

Pshhh don't pay negativity any mind, not worth the fight to try to make them positive

To answer your question yes I saw the block. Almost brought tears to my eyes watching little Griff Whalen block

DHB also had a great block & it was the one that injured Brandon Flowers I do believe if my memory is right

almost brought tears to your eyes?

do you cry when the mailman does his job?

almost brought tears to your eyes?

do you cry when the mailman does his job?

Mailwoman*

And yes; it pains me to see her go. Such a brave soul engaging in the cold weather just to bring the neighborhood their mail. *Throws hand on forehead* Oh it's just too much for my wee heart to bare :Cry:

What a crazy & improbable win, but I have to give props to the OL against the Chiefs, they played very well against a good front 7. Everyone including myself call them out when they suck, deservedly so but they got it done Saturday!! Way to go guys.

The whole team including luck needs to play better if they want to leave NE still in the playoffs period.

I don't know what the so called experts on here think. I like to know everyone's knowledge of pass blocking, run blocking, etc, etc is, since people think the OL struggled Saturday.

Do people realize that other defenses' are  trying to get to the quarterback?

Do people behind a computer screen even know what stunts are, the size of a defensive end is, blitz packages defenses use to create pressure?

I can say after Saturday's game, yes the OL still can improve on run blocking but for pass protection the OL line did a fine job even when the defense KNEW you were going to be passing.

GEEZ

The Colts really only ran draw plays for 3 quarters (except maybe the DB fumble/luck TD) and given the game situations the line was okay for the pass blocking. Does anybody recall seeing a Redskin game this year once they got behind..RG is a piñata once they get behind and he's not that immobile.

Satele had the play of his career Saturday. Donald's fumbled bounced off the great Satele's head and back in the direction of Luck, so I will lay off of him for now.

OL simply has to limit pressure though, even if sack totals were low. Give 12 time and he picks teams apart

Don't laugh, if Satele had a smaller noggin , it may have been a different story.