Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pre-playoff "feelings" thread....excitement, anxiety, frustrations, worries....?

Jules

Smonroe touched on my biggest worry. Last game the Colts got 4 turnovers. Two of them resulted in good field position for the Colts which resulted in the only two TD's scored by the offense. The other two turnovers were both deep inside Colts territory which resulted in KC losing points. You take away those turnovers and that game is VERY tight and could have very well gone KC's way. I take nothing away from the defense in getting those turnovers. They played great but whats the chances they get that many turnovers again against a team that is one of the best in NOT turning the ball over.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Smonroe touched on my biggest worry. Last game the Colts got 4 turnovers. Two of them resulted in good field position for the Colts which resulted in the only two TD's scored by the offense. The other two turnovers were both deep inside Colts territory which resulted in KC losing points. You take away those turnovers and that game is VERY tight and could have very well gone KC's way. I take nothing away from the defense in getting those turnovers. They played great but whats the chances they get that many turnovers again against a team that is one of the best in NOT turning the ball over.

Simply put, the final score of that game was not indicative of how close the teams played.

Of course, as the game went on, the Colts played more conservative on O and D, while the Chiefs had to go away from their comfort zone.

If people think we'll see more of the same, they may be disappointed.

Simply put, the final score of that game was not indicative of how close the teams played.

Of course, as the game went on, the Colts played more conservative on O and D, while the Chiefs had to go away from their comfort zone.

If people think we'll see more of the same, they may be disappointed.

Yeah we went conservative afterwhile. That's when Charles became relevant again. After his TD run, we bottled him up until late in the 3rd where we went very vanilla on defense. I don't expect that this time. I'm expecting Manusky to put his foot on the pedal and don't let up until the game is over. We're in our house so no more cold weather. I'm also expecting a good playcall from Pep Hamilton. Gonna see a few tricks here or there i think. This new spread mindset we're in has Andrew Luck balling. Glad to see they got away from the power run mentality until we actually get the personnel. Expect big games from Rogers, Fleener, Hilton, or Whalen today

I'm also hoping we get Trent Richardson going early with some dump off passes in the flats. Dude is a burden to bring down in the open field

Anxious and worried.  We should beat the Chiefs, as I think we're better than them, but I've said that a lot over the years during the playoffs, and well........

Let's just say I wont have confidence before a playoff game for quite some time.

Yes, totally agree Jules. I don't want to fall behind. We need our defense to play furious from the gate and create a strong start. I DO NOT want Luck in a position of running all over the field for his life in the second half trying to make up for a bad start to the football game...

And the story and journey continues.......

On the road in New England. Our old "friends". :)

Welp......excited/nervous at the same time. Just wish the game was here already!

I was trying to figure out earlier today,  at what exact point in my life did I start to get so dang nervous about football games... :scratch:

I am excited and nervous too,  for both AFC games this weekend...   I'm going to follow Warhorse and start sipping the chamomile tea  :P

I'm not nervous, I'm just excited and tired of waiting. I'm going to a Stone Sour concert next week and the lead singer Corey Taylor is a Colts fan, I'm hoping I get a chance to talk to him about the AFC Championship game. I'm getting ahead of myself though... :goodluck::blueshoe:

I was trying to figure out earlier today,  at what exact point in my life did I start to get so dang nervous about football games... :scratch:

I am excited and nervous too,  for both AFC games this weekend...   I'm going to follow Warhorse and start sipping the chamomile tea   :P

Yeah these AFC games are loaded this weekend. :oops:

I know our future is bright and all and Luck and the crew are so young. But, I HATE TO LOSE. And I love this season and want it to keep going.....come on football Gods help us out!

We need to win!!!!

And on a side note I hate the horn thingie the Pats use on third down for opponents.....the fog horn I think. It serves it's purpose to annoy and it makes me want to punch a hole in the wall.

After we lost Reggie, I really didn't think we'd adjust and still be able to make the playoffs, but we did.  I'm happy they're in the playoffs with the injuries we've had and the offensive line and inconsistent defense.  I really want them to win.  If they do not, I'm still a Colts fan. 

I want a respectable showing. 

What would really frustrate me is a loss in the playoffs and then going back to the same lineup next season on the O-line and the same defensive issues. 

All I want is a true Colts effort, all out, full speed, and play good, smart, hard -nosed football. If we can do that we have a good chance to win. But win or lose Saturday, I want the players, coaches and fans to hold their heads up high, and be proud of what our team has accomplished this year.

After we lost Reggie, I really didn't think we'd adjust and still be able to make the playoffs, but we did.  I'm happy they're in the playoffs with the injuries we've had and the offensive line and inconsistent defense.  I really want them to win.  If they do not, I'm still a Colts fan. 

I want a respectable showing. 

What would really frustrate me is a loss in the playoffs and then going back to the same lineup next season on the O-line and the same defensive issues. 

The bolded is how I feel as well.

Severely disappointed in those that seem to think that we're not even going to be competitive. I get loyalty to a team, but there's a difference between that and what our opponents' media and most fans seem to think. I expect a victory for many reasons, but I do respect N.E. as an opponent. We will find ways to get clean releases for our receivers enough to throw. We will hand the ball off enough to keep their defense honest. Our beloved Sack-Truck will fight through the double team ( It may only take once to change the game) at least a few times to get into Brady's head. Lastly, our secondary will rise to the occasion. I have to work tomorra like many others, but will be home in time to be there till the end fellas!!  Heck, the pressure is on them, they're SUPPOSED to win an easy victory right?

(I will be saying a silent prayer that Landry is 100% and starts tomorrow)

I feel just like Ron Jaworski on this game:

Ron Jaworski analyzed Colts-Patriots on the Mike and Mike show on ESPN. (Starts at 4:30):

"We know there's going to be one upset this week. There always is. ... This is the game where I think there will be an upset. ... I think T.Y. Hilton is playing at an incredible level. He's got to be scaring to death the secondary of the Patriots."

I am more at peace tonight.  I want the Colts to win of course but if they don't I am satisfied with how the team has done this year.  Before the year started I said I wanted them to win the division and win a first round playoff game and they have done that so IMO they are playing with house money at this point.  I'll still be all in tomorrow for the Colts but if they lose I am not going to have that empty feeling I would have when I felt like Manning's teams underachieved at times where it almost felt like insult to injury. 

I feel just like Ron Jaworski on this game:

Ron Jaworski analyzed Colts-Patriots on the Mike and Mike show on ESPN. (Starts at 4:30):

"We know there's going to be one upset this week. There always is. ... This is the game where I think there will be an upset. ... I think T.Y. Hilton is playing at an incredible level. He's got to be scaring to death the secondary of the Patriots."

Media seems to be heavy on picking the Colts I don't like that.  While Jaws is right there is almost always an upset it is almost always never the upset the media calls going in. 

I was way excited for last game, that didn't go over all to well despite the fact we did win (although 99% of the game I felt we lost hardcore). So this time I am nervous and not as looking forward to it. Perhaps this means good things perhaps it means nothing...yeah I'll go with the latter of the two ;)

But hey, GO COLTS!!

I've got my normal knot in the stomach, I mean cripes how can you not be anxious if you are a Colts Fan.

But I also feel confident that the Colts have a good chance to win this one, given the expected weather, if we can out tough the Pats, we got a shot.

This team has overachieved this season, so they should play like there is nothing to lose and there isn't.

We've got a good chance in a smashmouth, who's the baddest mo-fo on the field game, beat them down like we did the chiefs!

If the Colts can contain their run game, I think we can win the turnover battle and the weather will limit Brady's numbers.

We've got to beat up on them every chance we get, give Brady a shot every chance we get, beat on their receivers over the middle, hit their RB's hard every time, they do cough up the ball. We gotta be the baddest boys on the block and we can take this game away from them!

Now the rational person within me says nonsense, but for some reason I think this team has a great chance to pull the upset, I love the way this team reacts when the cards are stacked against them!

:coltslogo::1colts::coltslogo:

<Bartender, give me another>

I think more may be at peace since we are underdogs on the road and if we lose we had a great season regardless. But, I still do not want this season or journey to end.........

Back in April I had a crazy dream we were going to play NE in the playoffs. Well here we are. Not sure who really won or where the game was, but I swear the announcer said it was headed to OT before I woke up........

Last week I had a fear of falling behind in the game. Hahahaha that happened. This week? Not really a fear outside of losing. But, have had a funny feeling all week and for years that before it was over, Adam Vinatieri would have to have "that" game vs. NE in NE. Where it may come down to him. Guess we'll see.......oh and yeah, he would make them. I think he is comfortable in that role. :)

Also, let us hope the Colts/Chiefs pattern (1995, 2003, 2006) continues it's journey into 2013-2014. If it does then we may want to make the Chiefs our second favorite team so they make the playoffs a lot. ;)