Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pre-playoff "feelings" thread....excitement, anxiety, frustrations, worries....?

Jules

Let it all out. You all know you got something to say on the eve of our playoffs with a home game. :) And no making fun of anyone else if you disagree!

My biggest fear? I don't want to fall behind in the game. In the playoffs.....oh gosh I hate having to have a comeback win. I also want the "good" Colts to show up. Please show up "Good Colts"......you know THAT team who can hang with anyone.

I am truly and honestly excited but also grateful we got the first postseason game of the year so we don't have to wait much longer.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want us to make stupid mistakes -- dropped passes, missed tackles, missed blocks, big kick/punt returns, etc. I don't want Luck to hold on to the ball too long. I don't want the defensive backs to blow coverages. I don't want Jamaal Charles to go crazy.

I don't want Pep to try to run the ball up the middle all game long. I don't want Manusky to call weird blitzes that get picked up and leave the middle of the field wide open.

And I really hope the Lucas Oil crowd channels some old school RCA Dome feelings and creates a frenzied environment for the Chiefs.

I'm fairly positive about our prospects for this game. I think the new, recently modified gameplan on offense plays more to the team's strengths and minimizes the weaknesses, and I think the defense can control any offense in the league when they are on their game. Doesn't hurt that we just won pretty easily in KC.

Finally!! The forum has a Dr. Phil/Oprah thread :thmup:

Worries:

Fear of an NFL version of LSU vs Alabama happening when LSU beat Bama then got dismantled in the national championship game 21-0

Andrew Luck behind Samson Satele lead offensive line

Colts laying an egg at home moving Andrew Luck to 0-2 in the playoffs

Jamaal Charles running wild on us

Positive thoughts:

It's a home game where we just dropped 30 on the division rivals

This team is HOT

Da'Rick Rogers is on our side :)

We're healthy as we've been in quite some time!

No weather can affect us due to having a stadium & the roof will be closed

We're 10-0 when I consume more than ONE gallon of apple juice during the game

:heh:

Not sure how much I can get done until the game...... :hat:

I may take a break tomorrow and go out and do some errands before it and stuff. Maybe not watch or listen to anything football related so I don't get myself too much in a frenzy.

I hear ya, nobody wants to start 0-2 in the Luck era either. I think we should win but there are always those "worries" since it's unpredictable playoff football.

I have faith......but man I HATE waiting.

I remember in 2006 sitting around pacing before our playoff game vs. the Chiefs. Just hearing non stop how they would run us out of our own building and what not and how we would blow another shot at the Super Bowl. It was awful. But, after that win I felt soooo much better and felt relaxed before the Ravens playoff game. We just need to get all this started finally!

Worries:

Fear of an NFL version of LSU vs Alabama happening when LSU beat Bama then got dismantled in the national championship game 21-0

Positive thoughts:

This team is HOT

We're 10-0 when I consume more than ONE gallon of apple juice during the game.

Doesn't that create some...problems?

OT: Can't wait for tomorrow, I hope our defense completely dominates. Those pesky Chiefs fans are at it again with their excuses and such, a loss in the playoffs would certainly shut them up. My second team interest behind the Colts is the Chiefs losing...so I would like for my two teams to help me achieve my dreams.

Hope our defense shows up as well. They can be one of the best secondaries in the league when they are on their game. If the whole team plays up to their potential, a Superbowl is awaiting. 

I just have a wait-and-see attitude.  More than anything, I'm just curious.  I don't have a feel for this team right now.  Luck gaining some chemistry with these receivers on offense, and the defense relatively healthy should bode well for us tomorrow.  We'll find out a lot about this team tomorrow.

I think a loss tomorrow would cap a disappointing season.  We need to take the next step and win a play-off game. 

I decided a long time ago that I'm not going to let a sports team or outcome affect my well being. I'm not out there playing so I can't control it. That doesn't mean I'm not excited. I'm very excited to get the Colts game going and the NFL playoffs in general. The one and done scenario is the thing that makes the NFL stand above the NBA and MLB. Lets get the show on the road and Go Colts!

I feel good about the game. I think the Chiefs are a good team, but I think the Colts are ready to make some noise and surprise some people. I truly think this team can realistically make the AFC Championship game, and if they make it that far....well who knows what could happen. Honestly win or lose I'm just happy the Colts are in the playoffs.

I am cautiously optimistic about the game tomorrow. 

I am nervous about Charles but we've had pretty good luck against Chiefs star running backs in the playoffs, Larry Johnson in 06, Holmes in 03 (forced a fumble from him that turned out to be the difference in the game), and 95 with Allen. 

I also think all the one and dones of the Manning era just makes me nervous about playoff games in general. 

I am hoping we play well and play like we have been playing the past three and 1/2 weeks and get out of the gates quick and don't revert back to our first half struggles.  If we play like we have been playing lately I like our chances. 

I also like the fact that everytime we've played KC in the playoffs we've gone to the AFC Championship game.

I am nervous about Charles but we've had pretty good luck against Chiefs star running backs in the playoffs, Larry Johnson in 06, Holmes in 03 (forced a fumble from him that turned out to be the difference in the game), and 95 with Allen. 

I also think all the one and dones of the Manning era just makes me nervous about playoff games in general. 

I am hoping we play well and play like we have been playing the past three and 1/2 weeks and get out of the gates quick and don't revert back to our first half struggles.  If we play like we have been playing lately I like our chances. 

Amen. Anybody who's been a Colts fan for a long time has been through the ringer.

I'm worried about a blow out. We look like contenders one game then like a peewee team the next. I think we can beat anyone in this league. I just hope that we come out with a great game plan, execute it beautifully. Ideally we get up by two touchdowns, and don't look back. I don't want us letting them stick around. I had a dream last night that we were down 14-9 going into halftime, but really we were being dominated. I hope that doesn't happen.

I just really hope we shut Charles down like we did Larry Johnson back during the Super Bowl run. Let's see a monster defense like that.

Let's hope we see the Pep from the past few weeks. I've been pleased with his playcalling lately.

We need our young WRs to step up. Each week they impress me more and more. Griff, Brazill, and Rogers need to help Luck and Hilton out.

Most of all, I hope this weather doesn't keep people away. Let's pack LOS and make it loud! Show the Chiefs that they aren't the only ones who can rock a stadium.

I also like the fact that everytime we've played KC in the playoffs we've gone to the AFC Championship game.

I echo all of this. Youth on offense and a slow start is my biggest fear and we have seen too many one and dones in the past. I have faith in them though......they can get it done. Still can be worrisome though. And heck even veteran offenses can have issues in the playoffs so it's not like youth alone is a problem IMO. If we can click and get going this team has a fearless quality to me that can be almost magical.

Lets hope our luck vs. the Chiefs RBs in the playoffs continues. And our luck with playing them in general, we have had some memorable playoff runs with the Chiefs involved so hopefully history repeats itself.

Go Colts!!!!

I picked a bad week to quit drinking.

Go Colts! (pronounced while quaffing chamomile tea)

Dont lose any players to serious injury......

Dont have the game seriously changed by bad refereeing......

Win or lose.....represent.

I had my last drink last night, for a month at least. Pink grapefruit squash over ice is my only vice now.....

I'm done getting nervous, I'll just watch, shout, jump and cheer, and see what happens.....

Worries:

Positive thoughts:

This team is HOT

Well...Somebody pour this man some friggin apple juice! We need you juiced up for this one.

Doesn't that create some...problems?

OT: Can't wait for tomorrow, I hope our defense completely dominates. Those pesky Chiefs fans are at it again with their excuses and such, a loss in the playoffs would certainly shut them up. My second team interest behind the Colts is the Chiefs losing...so I would like for my two teams to help me achieve my dreams.

Hope our defense shows up as well. They can be one of the best secondaries in the league when they are on their game. If the whole team plays up to their potential, a Superbowl is awaiting.

Only "problem" would be constant trips to the bathroom. Lol

Like Jules said...I want the good Colts to show up. The team that played in your face defense against P-Money and ran roughshod over the Niners. Those guys who played Justice League to the Legion of Doom! The team that galloped into Arrowhead and beat down the Chiefs...Those Colts. If they show up today we will be fine. If we revert to that team that is stumbling out of the gate and spotting big leads to the likes of the Rams and Cardinals then we will be in trouble.

when i was in high school, my teammate decided to drink a gallon of apple juice in between 2 a day practices.  He pooped his pants during the second practice while trying to run from the field to the bathroom.  All I am sayin is BE CAREFUL...        :funny:

when i was in high school, my teammate decided to drink a gallon of apple juice in between 2 a day practices.  He pooped his pants during the second practice while trying to run from the field to the bathroom.  All I am sayin is BE CAREFUL...        :funny:

"It's only weird if it doesn't work" lmao

10-0 man, 10-0. Shooting for 11-0 today. Really hope the team comes through today. Apple juice runs through me quickly. Not in the way your friend suffered though haha

I don't want the Colts to focus sooooooo much on Charles that we neglect the air attack.

We won't. I expect the same gameplan as round one. Use Landry or Bethea as a spy on Charles and Bethea over top if Landry is the spy or vice versa. Having Greg Toler back will help. Josh Gordy held his own against Bowe so I think Toler should be able to. Stack the box, press man outside, & have a safety over top. We're gonna make Alex Smith beat us whether he likes it or not

I'm wooded about which defense will show up. The one we saw the last three weeks or the one we saw against the Rams and Cards.

TKnight, I think you're correct, we'll start out with that gameplan. They know it. The question, as with every game, is which team executes better and which team adjusts fastest.

Take away a couple of their bonehead turnovers from our first game and it's a lot closer.