Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can we still get to 10-6?

oldunclemark

I stand behind my 8-8 prediction. No way we win any of those road games upcoming. For all intents and purposes we shoulda lost to Houston if not for coach collapsing,so we dont beat them either at home. Looking at it realistically.

when does the coach play on the field, seriously..If Houston had any heart they would have won FOR their coach...

You have to realize that every team can have a terrible game. I'm not convinced that anyone on the remaining schedule is unbeatable. KC, CIN, and AZ will be easier to take down than SF, DEN, SEA. I think the team finished 13-3 and is the number 2 or 3 seed, the STL game could have been a blessing in disguise like the JAX game from 06.

There's no locks and unbeatables....

...Those 3 are tough road games...I like us at home vs. Tennessee and Jax obviously..Houston is iffy.

Certainly we could win at Arizona but they are surely saying the same thing about Indy.

...one thing we know about our team is that you cant say that we should beat Cincy and KC because they aren't as good as Denver..and Seattle, teams we have already beaten..

Our team clearly doesn't logic out that way.

We have a lot of optimistic people in here.  8-8 at best, which surprisingly enough will probably be good enough to win our division (pathetic).  It will be the same outcome in the playoffs from last year…..one & done, and by the way no 1st round pick for 2014.

We have a lot of optimistic people in here.  8-8 at best, which surprisingly enough will probably be good enough to win our division (pathetic).  It will be the same outcome in the playoffs from last year…..one & done, and by the way no 1st round pick for 2014.

Does that crystal ball give you lottery numbers too?

I'd rather be optimistic than all doom and gloom  LOL.  So many knee jerk reactions to one bad game, it's as if the sky is falling !!!  So you may see the glass as half empty, I see the glass as half full.  Yes we had 1 bad game, yet look at how far we've come !!!

GOOOOOOOO Colts !!!!!!!!

You have to realize that every team can have a terrible game. I'm not convinced that anyone on the remaining schedule is unbeatable. KC, CIN, and AZ will be easier to take down than SF, DEN, SEA. I think the team finished 13-3 and is the number 2 or 3 seed, the STL game could have been a blessing in disguise like the JAX game from 06.

It's not a single game, we were awful against Houston and we've had patches in other games that a genuine SB team would not have

Unless Luck can improve and begin hitting the open recievers this team is barely 10-6. Everything hinges on Andrew improving his play overall and overcoming the O-Line problems, no running game and a mediocre recievers.

Right now the recievers, the O-Line, and our running game all suck AND Luck is playing poorly.

First three aren't getting better and Luck is not a guarantee to improve his form.

It's not a single game, we were awful against Houston and we've had patches in other games that a genuine SB team would not have

Unless Luck can improve and begin hitting the open recievers this team is barely 10-6. Everything hinges on Andrew improving his play overall and overcoming the O-Line problems, no running game and a mediocre recievers.

Right now the recievers, the O-Line, and our running game all suck AND Luck is playing poorly.

First three aren't getting better and Luck is not a guarantee to improve his form.

We are 6-3. Do not get caught up in the moment. We looked like a turd sandwich a lot in 2006. The Giants, and Ravens had many patches of crapitude during their Superbowl runs.

We are 6-3. Do not get caught up in the moment. We looked like a turd sandwich a lot in 2006. The Giants, and Ravens had many patches of crapitude during their Superbowl runs.

But our patches are sctructural and will not be solved by simply playing better, all teams are restricted by the natural ability of their players. I honestly think, apart from Andrew Luck -  where we most lack ie. the wide recievers we just simply aren't all that good especially when compared to the better teams. I don't think we have enough improvement left in us to be anything but a lowly playoff team and one of the worst teams to get in.

But our patches are sctructural and will not be solved by simply playing better, all teams are restricted by the natural ability of their players. I honestly think, apart from Andrew Luck -  where we most lack ie. the wide recievers we just simply aren't all that good especially when compared to the better teams. I don't think we have enough improvement left in us to be anything but a lowly playoff team and one of the worst teams to get in.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I think you are way off. Don't let a midseason slump fool you. It is going to take some time for the new offense to gel. The playoffs are still a ways off, if the team clicks and catches fire at the right time they have just as much chance as anyone.

This Colts is a brand new team with new coaching staff, a big bunch of new players and with a QB in his sophomore under the Center. Claiming the division  clinching a PO-berth and even home-field advantage would be a very bold achievement for this team. IMO anything else beyond that would be a gift. Last Sunday's game highlighted and capitalized our issues those still need to be addressed.
Titans game (not  the final result, but the way Colts perform) will be telling about the rest of our season. If team can shape up and show up better O-line performance (and I didn't want too much, O-line can only perform better than on Sunday) and we can establish some sort of rush-attack we can fly as high as we did last season...and we shouldn't be complaining even if we would be one n' done in the PO again.
This team needs at least 2 more seasons to be mentioned among contenders. I'm patient, we are still ahead of our schedule.

The thing about the Texans & Rams games is the Colts were burnt by BIG PLAYS... Andre Johnson & Tavon Austin absolutely burnt the Colts...

In the Texans game though the Colts were able to stay in the game, if Luck doesn't throw two picks in the endzone, the Cots are in the St. Louis game as well...

In last years draft everyone knew of Austin's BIG PLAY capability, and even though he has been relatively quiet prior to the Colts game, he finally proved what he is capable of...

I like the Colts chances the rest of the season, getting burnt two weeks in a row by the BIG PLAY factor is something the coaching staff can hopefully cue in on and fix...

I am going to apply Lamey's 24 hour rule, & I am going with 12-4...

I hate the offseason & I am not ready to throw in the towel on this Colts season...

If Luck's "sophomore slump" is one lousy game against the St. Louis Rams who had been playing inspired ball and who seem like a better team than their record would suggest, and who happen to be out of the Colts conference, than I am o.k. with it...

I hope this team does not give up as easily as some of the fan base is giving up on the team...

This is true.  A team that gives up 5.3 yards per rush during a full regular season (worst for SB contender, 7th worst all-time) will look like doo doo on Bread from time to time. We also had a en extremely efficient Offense, and a D that tightened up tremendously vs. the run in the playoffs.  We need our O-line to play lights out to replicate anything like 2006.

My prediction is based on the Pep play calling approach. For each of the remaining games I will flip a coin. Heads we will win, and tails we will lose. Here are the results:

@Tennessee: win

@Arizona: lose

Tennessee: lose

@Cinci: win

Houston: lose

@KC: win

Jacksonville: win

Good news, I predict 10-6! Yes, i seriously did flip a coin for each prediction...

Locker being out and Fitzpatrick being in is a giant plus unless the game turns into a written test in which case Fitzpatrick might have an advantage as one of the smartest players in the NFL But since most NFL games turn on physical performance we gain an advantage with Locker's injury.

That's a lot of love for Jake Locker

..who doesn't deserve your love

My prediction is based on the Pep play calling approach. For each of the remaining games I will flip a coin. Heads we will win, and tails we will lose. Here are the results:

@Arizona: lose

@Cinci: win

Houston: lose

@KC: win

Good news, I predict 10-6! Yes, i seriously did flip a coin for each prediction...

Your flipping skills must be awful. Here is my result from flipping a coin......wait a minute..It almost the same thing  :slaphead:

@Arizona: win

@Cinci: lose

Houston: win

@KC: lose

That's a lot of love for Jake Locker

..who doesn't deserve your love

Bill Walsh on Steve Deberg (his QB before Montana) "he's just good enough to get you beat"…..Steve Stanley on Ryan Fitzpatrick "he's just good enough to get you beat". I have respect for Fitzpatrick as an extremely smart person but his physical talents are not on a par with Locker so give me the smart, less talented backup every day and I don't think that statement places Locker on a pedestal.

We could win the division with a 8-8 record that's how bad the division is. I do think will go 10-6 with losses to Cards,Bengals, and Chiefs.

We won't lose to chiefs and bengals as we seem to show up for big games. I say we lose to arizona and the jags and go 11-5

The pessimism is real wow! I have us going 12-4 and have us dropping the one game to either the Bengals or the Chiefs.  We will NOT be worse than 11-5 that is the bottom of the barrel and I am not counting out 13-3.  I hope last game lit a fire under us and we get things together but hey I'm an optimist and I truly believe in my colts :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

Can we? Most certainly .... Will we?  Who knows?   I know if the team that showed up this past week continues to come out of the locker room we wont win another game the rest of the season! 

With that said, I think we will find out what kind of leadership this team has tomorrow night though - then we can all give a better guesstimate of our end record.

I stand behind my 8-8 prediction. No way we win any of those road games upcoming. For all intents and purposes we shoulda lost to Houston if not for coach collapsing,so we dont beat them either at home. Looking at it realistically.

This has to be one of the lamest posts I've seen in a while. If you were realistic, you'd predict at least 10-6. You're saying only 2 more wins in 7 games? WOW!

house-facepalm.jpg

[quote name="ColtStrong" post="635300" timestamp="1384402836. Well realistic is our o-line is one of the worst in yhe league,no running game,little pass protection,wr's that are dropping passes,a defense that is inconsistent and has looked terrible last two games,and ton of injuries that eventually were gonna catchup to us. The facts are what they are,plus we dont play tampa bay type teams from here on out.

This has to be one of the lamest posts I've seen in a while. If you were realistic, you'd predict at least 10-6. You're saying only 2 more wins in 7 games? WOW!

house-facepalm.jpg