Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Heyward-Bey

Manning1887

I have tried to be as optimistic as I can about this guy but it is clear that he cannot catch the ball to save his life!!!! He dropped a couple of balls tonight that were right to him! If he can't jump and catch it in his chest, then he can't catch it. If the ball hits his hands it bounces right off.

Give someone else a shot, he can't cut it!

Some have it, some don't.  They thought he was going to be all that and a piece of Godiva chocolate, (raiders), he not only has had a perfect opportunity here, he blew it which is hard to believe.  Luck was not exactly on and I realize some of the throws weren't right on his gloves, but man, what do you need a laser guided ball every time????????

I cannot believe we didn't make some sort of attempt for a top WR in a trade. I didn't see our new tight end out there blocking, did anyone else? TY is stepping into the head receiver roll for Reggie. But is that going to be our only guy, maybe Fleener here and there? Brazill showed potential but wasn't targeted often. Hmm.

I cannot believe we didn't make some sort of attempt for a top WR in a trade. I didn't see our new tight end out there blocking, did anyone else? TY is stepping into the head receiver roll for Reggie. But is that going to be our only guy, maybe Fleener here and there? Brazill showed potential but wasn't targeted often. Hmm.

The reason no trade was made is basically there's no one out there worth the asking price. Plain and simple. If there was, the patriots would have been first in line, with a few more teams behind them.

DHB unfortunately hasn't had too many big plays. He's made some, but few and far in between.

The problem is that he's taking somebody's roster spot that could probably do better because at the moment, he's way below an average receiver.

I was all for bringing in DHB for a look-see.  But I have seen enough!  We'll need him for the rest of this year, but this guy is not a long term solution going forward.  He's big and fast but he'll never have NFL caliber hands.

DHB unfortunately hasn't had too many big plays. He's made some, but few and far in between.

The problem is that he's taking somebody's roster spot that could probably do better because at the moment, he's way below an average receiver.

Very sad...he is a good guy, he has speed and quickness but below average hands and below average moves.

just if you wish for a top wr via trade, doesn't mean it's possible..

few things:

1) to get a top player you need to have cap space - colts don't (1.5mil)

2) to get a top player you need to have top draft picks to spare - colts don't

now chill..

DHB is a bum. I had high hopes for him this year, which were probably unreasonable, but I never expected him to be this bad. I really wonder how much better our offense would have been all year if he wasnt taking so many snaps away from T.Y. He can't catch a cold. He constantly has to do that stupid jumping thing every time the ball is thrown his way and it drives me nuts. Every time he gets a deep ball it goes right off his hands and he cries for pass interference. It doesnt surprise me at all that the offense finally found its rhythm once he got hurt. Sorry for the rant but ive this has been building up inside me more and more every week.

Dhb big problem other than his ronny garvin impersonation is his route running, mainly his hips. He cancels out his elite speed by making it easy to cover him on the intermediate and short routes. This shows in goal line situations, I.e. The play he got clobbered it was a slant route. Instead of squaring up and making a move he comes of the ball going straight into the slant route. Even cassius Vaughn can jump that(that's if his back isn't turned). This is stuff that's taught in high school don't understand his being a starter in the league and look so inept in the fundamentals of the position

Dhb big problem other than his ronny garvin impersonation is his route running, mainly his hips. He cancels out his elite speed by making it easy to cover him on the intermediate and short routes. This shows in goal line situations, I.e. The play he got clobbered it was a slant route. Instead of squaring up and making a move he comes of the ball going straight into the slant route. Even cassius Vaughn can jump that(that's if his back isn't turned). This is stuff that's taught in high school don't understand his being a starter in the league and look so inept in the fundamentals of the position

Can you personally alert him that is his problem? Tweet him or something. He doesn't get it lol

I have tried to be as optimistic as I can about this guy but it is clear that he cannot catch the ball to save his life!!!! He dropped a couple of balls tonight that were right to him! If he can't jump and catch it in his chest, then he can't catch it. If the ball hits his hands it bounces right off.

Not only that he seemed more interested in complaining to refs for a flag or trying to avoid contact.  Honestly on back-to-back plays he didn't extend his arms to make a catch he could have made and then looked right to the ref for a flag and when he didn't get it walked towards the refs trying to scare him into throwing one I guess and then on the very next play he dropped a very catchable pass.  I was honestly saying worry about catching the ball not the refs.  I don't think it's a coincidence that our offense took off when he came out of the game.  It forced Luck to go to TY and not him as the first option and good things happen when you get the ball in TY hands.  Honestly tonight did more to establish TY as the future number one WR of this team than anything he's done.  It's one thing to perform when Reggie Wayne is out there it's another to do it when you have to be the number one option and the other team knows it.  Hopefully our coaches saw what a lot of us saw tonight and what some have been saying for months now.  TY is the guy. 

Personally I am over DHB, I am right there with you in terms of trying to be optimistic I was all for the signing when we made it.  However he strikes me as a guy who has probably gotten by on his speed and probably doesn't work as hard as he should.  Maybe I am wrong and he'll do something great these last eight games, heaven knows we could sure use the help from him but right now I am all for just cutting bait and the end of the year and looking for another WR some place else. 

I've tried hard to stay with him this year, but 8 games now and in my mind ZERO improvement.  I just don't know how you bring this guy back next year...   :blueshoe:  

you don't.

i don't agree with some posters saying he may not work hard enough, though.. i've read a couple of times his teammates saying nobody spends more time practicing catching the ball than him..

i feel bad for him, but at this point in his career it seems all the practice in the world won't help him, he just doesn't have the talent to be a good receiver..

The same was being said about Cony Fleener just a few weeks ago. If it's only a matter of confidence and getting into the flow, DHB can turn it around and contribute more consistently. Last night was not his night, nor was it anyone's night into the 4th Quarter. It was San Diego all over again until TY and Luck started clicking. We have DHB; let's hope for the best during the season, and save his football obit if that's what it will be until the season is complete.

Not really much needs to be said in my opinion other then he is who most of us thought he was and was advertised to be. He will make a few catches and drop some catches he should catch. Just a speed guy with no hands or route running skill. This experiment with him will be coming to an end after this year, probably for a wr in the draft.

dhb proved that no matter whos throwing him the ball he cant play. he dropped two passes that hit him right in his hands. I was super excited about dhb being a colts because of all the physical traits he has, but he has no idea how to use them. when your 6 2 and run a 4 3 more likely then not your gonna excel in the nfl unfortunately for dhb he has no clue how to use his body. 

Like Hank Baskett, he absolutely cannot be counted on in clutch situations, or even in non-clutch situations. If you walk up to him and hand him the ball, maybe.