Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where does Freeman land post release?

UKColt13

Minny. Its the only logical fit.

-Jags want to draft a QB

-Cleveland needs Hoyer to lose before they can move against him

-He doesnt fit the Arians offense in Arizona

-Oakland is in the midst of the Pryor experiment, and its gone too well so far to drop it at this point

-Tenessee is solid enough until Locker gets back

Minnesota is really the only place with need at QB that has other pieces in place to take a shot at him.

Vikes.

Would think it would be a dejavu factor if he signed for oakland. Did about 3 colts save files on madden 13 to about 10 seasons and in every single one he left tampa for oakland and nearly every year from like year 3 onwards i played the raiders either in the division or championship games and they were my "bogey" team, could rarely beat them. 

Doubt it would turn out to be anything like the bottom one but it would be so strange if it did right?

I can't see him in Minnesota. Matt Cassel is good enough to hold down the starting job there. Freeman is a wreck emotionally. No confidence anymore. No takers this season like MTC said.

If you backed me into a corner & forced me to pick a landing spot, SW1 would go with Jacksonville. Freeman could learn from Chad Henne & gain some mojo back.  

I can't see him in Minnesota. Matt Cassel is good enough to hold down the starting job there. Freeman is a wreck emotionally. No confidence anymore. No takers this season like MTC said.

If you backed me into a corner & forced me to pick a landing spot, SW1 would go with Jacksonville. Freeman could learn from Chad Henne & gain some mojo back.

Everyone stahp saying Jacksonville. They are offloading guys and drafting a QB. It does not fit.

Also Cassel is far from good enough. He was sitting behind Christian Ponder. Both are jokes and its well known Minnesota has been fishing for a QB for awhile now. If anyone would take a gamble on a guy, its them.

Is Henne going to teach him how to throw interceptions? Because I think Freeman has that down pat. 

Everyone stahp saying Jacksonville. They are offloading guys and drafting a QB. It does not fit.

Also Cassel is far from good enough. He was sitting behind Christian Ponder. Both are jokes and its well known Minnesota has been fishing for a QB for awhile now. If anyone would take a gamble on a guy, its them.

Next to Christian Ponder. Cassel most certainly is. Who are you kidding? 11-5 with the Patriots doesn't just fall out of the sky now does it.

Did you watch the London game? Cassel was firing the ball downfield. 

Next to Christian Ponder. Cassel most certainly is. Who are you kidding? 11-5 with the Patriots doesn't just fall out of the sky now does it.

Yes it does. That division he did that in was awful and the supporting cast was world class. Plus Belichick knows how to scheme a system for his QB's.

Cassel's success in NE was because of NE, as he proved by practically destroying the Chiefs for trying to build around him. Hes a backup at best, and Josh Freeman did more in TB with less than they have in Minny.

Its an easy fit and the fans would love it.

Yes it does. That division he did that in was awful and the supporting cast was world class. Plus Belichick knows how to scheme a system for his QB's.

Cassel's success in NE was because of NE, as he proved by practically destroying the Chiefs for trying to build around him. Hes a backup at best, and Josh Freeman did more in TB with less than they have in Minny.

Its an easy fit and the fans would love it.

If you think scheme entirely explained Cassel's success in NE, then you're misguided. It's the easiest cop out answer in the world. Belichick is a genius. End of story...Please...

If you think scheme entirely explained Cassel's success in NE, then you're misguided. It's the easiest cop out answer in the world. Belichick is a genius. End of story...Please...

Then explain how Cassel has been one of the worst QB's in the league since leaving. Its not a cop out answer, and its not proclaiming anyone a genius. Its stating the proven fact that the Patriots and the at the time despicably bad AFC east carried Cassel, rather than him being good enough to start.

Cassel is not the future for anyone. Ponder is equally bad. Josh Freeman has shown promise with less, and is young enough to still have a future.

Minnesota is as close as it gets to the perfect fit.

Bad gamble, I'd go fish.

Cleveland wants to draft Manziel. They always did, Hoyer just threw a wrench in the works.

They are inspiring the fanbase with their record and their position in the AFC North right now. I don't think they will be so quick to destroy the season as this year has a deep QB class and Manziel should be available at least later in the first round.

I think what has become clear is the Browns saw the chance to off-load Richardson and get the #1 back and then they went and got McGahee who has been running hard for them. Then they switched to Hoyer. None of this would indicate them trying to lose games but trying to win them. Just because everyone thought the Richardson move indicated a tanked season, it has in fact, indicated just the opposite. Their D is pretty solid, their special teams is elite with that speedster back there. Their O is good enough if Weeden can just play smart and efficient which he did last night. They have a chance to win the North.

I think what has become clear is the Browns saw the chance to off-load Richardson and get the #1 back and then they went and got McGahee who has been running hard for them. Then they switched to Hoyer. None of this would indicate them trying to lose games but trying to win them. Just because everyone thought the Richardson move indicated a tanked season, it has in fact, indicated just the opposite. Their D is pretty solid, their special teams is elite with that speedster back there. Their O is good enough if Weeden can just play smart and efficient which he did last night. They have a chance to win the North.

I agree...to attempt to tank this early in the season is utter non-sense. Trent wasn't the next AP that they thought he would be. He couldn't carry that team...so they saw the opportunity to get that #1 back and they did it. Doesn't matter if its Trent getting you 3.5 yds per carry or Mcgahee to them its still just 3.5 yds. The big reason is that Trent was ripping off any 20yd runs...he is a solid work horse back but that isn't good enough to waste a top 5 pick on. So they moved him and got a late first for him (likely) and said we lived and learned. Fact is he could be great for us...but he wasn't helping them....doesn't mean both teams can't be happy. If they keep winning they will have to give up a lot to move up to get Manziel but something tells me Bridgewater will be in Jacksonville.

To the tune of 2.6 ypc! :cheer2:   :disco:  :number1: :disco:   :cheer2:

To the tune of 2.6 ypc! :cheer2:   :disco:  :number1: :disco:   :cheer2:

It is what it is. He is doing a decent job for them all things considered behind that line. Getting the number one for Richardson was key as they wanted to move on from him given he is more of a workhorse back then a break away guy. Smart move in the scheme of things and McGahee is a good plugger in the interim.

I agree...to attempt to tank this early in the season is utter non-sense. Trent wasn't the next AP that they thought he would be. He couldn't carry that team...so they saw the opportunity to get that #1 back and they did it. Doesn't matter if its Trent getting you 3.5 yds per carry or Mcgahee to them its still just 3.5 yds. The big reason is that Trent was ripping off any 20yd runs...he is a solid work horse back but that isn't good enough to waste a top 5 pick on. So they moved him and got a late first for him (likely) and said we lived and learned. Fact is he could be great for us...but he wasn't helping them....doesn't mean both teams can't be happy. If they keep winning they will have to give up a lot to move up to get Manziel but something tells me Bridgewater will be in Jacksonville.

I heard Bradshaw may be out for some time. Should give Trent a chance to show off what he is got. I really like the Colts chances againt the Hawks for some reason. Can't pin down why exactly but I think the Hawks are a bit vunerable.

I heard Bradshaw may be out for some time. Should give Trent a chance to show off what he is got. I really like the Colts chances againt the Hawks for some reason. Can't pin down why exactly but I think the Hawks are a bit vunerable.

Yeah...its been Bradshaws MO...he runs hard and is a really good back...but you can't count on him for more than 10-12 games. We need Trent to make the playoffs...so like I said...its a win/win if Trent can step up and carry the load. I don't expect AP from the guy but if he can get that 4.0 ypc and keep plugging it in the endzone and short yardage...it will be worth it. He isn't there yet...and he has a lot of ground to make up in knowing the offense but long term...I think he can be a really good back....

It is what it is. He is doing a decent job for them all things considered behind that line. Getting the number one for Richardson was key as they wanted to move on from him given he is more of a workhorse back then a break away guy. Smart move in the scheme of things and McGahee is a good plugger in the interim.

Before the Richardson trade I actually thought we might sign McGahee to replace Vick Ballard.  Savvy move by the Browns, but I'm happy we got Richardson.