Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts make Roster Moves

TKnight24

Hello :coltslogo: Family & happy Tuesday!

Via Colts App

The Colts have signed Lawrence Guy (remember him?) & Xavier Nixon from the Washington Redskins practice squad

@KBowenColts: The Colts have signed DE-Lawrence Guy and OT-Xavier Nixon.

@KBowenColts: Guy played in 9 games (2 starts) for the Colts in 2012 and finished the year with 21 tackles. He was cut during the 53-man roster cuts.

@KBowenColts: Nixon attended the University of Florida. He was an undrafted free agent this year and was signed off the Redskins practice squad.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like RJF is hurt.

From Rotoworld:

Colts signed DE Lawrence Guy and OT Xavier Nixon.

Guy played in nine games for the Colts in 2012, finishing with 21 tackles. Bringing him back is a sign that Ricky Jean-Francois (groin) might not be ready for Week 4. Nixon is a prospect that was signed off the Redskins practice squad.

I'm gonna guess and say someones going to IR =/. Maybe it'll be Satele ;)

Maybe this means Satele will be out longer?? But he is an OT... Interesting.

Perhaps Satele is headed to IR?

@KBowenColts Chuck Pagano said Ricky Jean Francois will be day-to-day with a groin injury. Landry, Satele and Angerer also day-to-day.

Looks like RJF is hurt.

From Rotoworld:

Colts signed DE Lawrence Guy and OT Xavier Nixon.

Guy played in nine games for the Colts in 2012, finishing with 21 tackles. Bringing him back is a sign that Ricky Jean-Francois (groin) might not be ready for Week 4. Nixon is a prospect that was signed off the Redskins practice squad.

It means more Chapman

Maybe David Reed since Brazill comes back next week/week after? I dunno if he can come back next week or week after since it's a 4 week suspension

I think you have one of the cuts . Maybe they drop Rogers and try to resign him to the practice squad ? Or maybe Holmes to IR ?

I believe players from the PS have a minimum of 3 games to remain on a roster so it seems Williams is safe for one more game and Rogers safe for two more games. Two people have to move now so I would guess Satele to IR and Reed to be cut. Can Satele go to IR with the designation of returning later in the year?

Guest TeamLoloJones

I believe players from the PS have a minimum of 3 games to remain on a roster so it seems Williams is safe for one more game and Rogers safe for two more games. Two people have to move now so I would guess Satele to IR and Reed to be cut. Can Satele go to IR with the designation of returning later in the year?

Players can still get cut, but they get paid for 3 games.  I'm hoping Grigson sends 2 players away for draft picks, but I'd be surprised if that happens.

Technically, the PS guys that are picked by another team are guarenteed 3 weeks of pay.  The team can choose to cut them anytime.  I doubt any team would do that, but it's possible.

I haven't looked at the CBA for a while, but I'm pretty sure that's true.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I think it is either RJF or satele headed towards IR or out for longer time period      i think Ricardo matthews wont get more time he is a left DE i think you wwill see more of fili moala and lawerence guy  Chapmen is a NT wont be him

Why do people think RJF and Satele are hurt badly enought to go on IR?

Xavier Nixon is a ZBS guy, a right tackle type body.

Maybe Ricardo Mathews is finally going to get cut because Moala is healthy??? :)

Mathews was a disaster Sunday. I would have kept Guy over him.

Yes I like Nevis too. But to me Drake`s best value was as more of a 3rd and long rusher.

This OT might work into the T in our Heavy package allowing us the option to play Reitz at RG.