Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T-rich only averaged 3.6 yards per carry

AllYouNeedIsLuck

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never, ever spend a No,1 on a running back..

where have you heard that

honestly I've heard it from you...but who else were you quoting?   Because Polian said last year that Richardson was worth the #3 pick, that he was a "cant miss" prospect...apparently Grigson agrees...

Would you spend a 1st round pick on Adrian Peterson? a prime Emmitt Smith? Edge?   there is a big difference between your average NFL RB and a quality feature back

We drafted a running last year..we signed one in the off season and we traded for another after 2 games.....giving up a No. 1

Even the most trusting fans would have to question our 'plan'

The plan changed when Ballard and Allen went down.  Those two were a big part of the power run game. 

If this trade was done and we still had a healthy Ballard and Allen, I wouldn't agree with the trade. 

I have a bigger problem with having Hasselbeck than I do having Richardson. 

he's a dynamic player and a great addition to the offense if you looked at what he did last season with not a lot of weapons in the browns offense i think we are getting something special. he runs with attitude and it looks like Grigs is trying his best to build a team with size and attitude. Something Colts fans haven't seen in a while. I'm not looking for this to make us an instant playoff team i'm looking at this as a move that is shaping our future for the better. 

Finally a comment that made sense. Too many fans not looking past next week. 

he's MUCH better than Bradshaw and a LOT younger...he is an every down back, bradshaw has NEVER been that...and now bradshaw is older and wont be around long... Richardson is from last year's draft class, so basically the same age as Luck....isn't that the RB you want on a "rebuilding" team?   He is easily the most talented back that we have had since Edge hurt his knee.

And yes, teams have been stacking the box against Richardson in every game, because of the Browns lack of QB play...now that he's on a team with a legit QB, his numbers will only get better and better

You realize Bradshaw is only 27 right?

There are questions about Trent, but I think the main question is can he stay healthy and can he improve his pass blocking/catching to stay on the field all three downs.

3.6 yards a carry is not good, but I am willing to look past it since he has been startled with Wheedon. The guy is flat out terrible and defenses know they can just stack the line knowing he cannot beat them through the air. You give him a real passing attack and that should open things up.

You realize Bradshaw is only 27 right?

you realize that that is considered "old" for a RB in the NFL, right?  lol not old as a person, but old at the position...don't get me wrong, i'm glad we have him this year, but he's not at all a long term solution...if he were, the RB needy Giants wouldn't have just let him go...and someone would've picked him up before we did

I totally agree...so do my friends Barry Sanders, Emmit Smith, and Adrian Peterson

The comment was made for this day and age. The Sanders and Smith eras were a different game. What did having Sanders on the team do for them? Not much, other than give them some highlight reels and a couple of playoff appearances. 

Anyway, you are naming exceptions to the rule. Other than the hall of fame exceptions, running backs are pretty similar in impact this day and age. The majority of starting RBs in the league were not top 10 picks.

Your friends better be sure they are drafting hall of famers because a lot of times they can draft later and not have a huge drop off in talent otherwise.

A couple things

1.With Ballard going down we did not have a real power back healthy, That could explain the 4th and 1 throw vs the Dolphins

2.This is a statement that we want to get tougher, bigger, more nasty

A  concern:

1.The Browns have a pretty decent run blocking O line, I saw there was times Richardson opted to barrel behind the O Line and get little out of it instead of having patience to hit another hole that opened

Guest TeamLoloJones

The comment was made for this day and age. The Sanders and Smith eras were a different game. What did having Sanders on the team do for them? Not much, other than give them some highlight reels and a couple of playoff appearances. 

Anyway, you are naming exceptions to the rule. Other than the hall of fame exceptions, running backs are pretty similar in impact this day and age. The majority of starting RBs in the league were not top 10 picks.

Your friends better be sure they are drafting hall of famers because a lot of times they can draft later and not have a huge drop off in talent otherwise.

I agree with the concept of 1st round picks and RBs not mixing...my point was our GM is hoping TRich is the player he was touted as coming out of college...remember most scouts at the time were saying you shouldn't use a top 10 pick on a RB unless its a guy like Richardson.  He's the best prospect in a few years, and he's better than anyone coming out next year.  That plus our OC's love of the power run game, and this trade makes plenty of sense...we just have to hope it looks good 3-5 years from now.

I agree with the concept of 1st round picks and RBs not mixing...my point was our GM is hoping TRich is the player he was touted as coming out of college...remember most scouts at the time were saying you shouldn't use a top 10 pick on a RB unless its a guy like Richardson.  He's the best prospect in a few years, and he's better than anyone coming out next year.  That plus our OC's love of the power run game, and this trade makes plenty of sense...we just have to hope it looks good 3-5 years from now.

I am a fan of the trade. Technically, we didn't use a top 10 pick on him. We theoretically used what will equate to a 20-25th pick. That I have no problem with. Heck of a value in my book. Plus, the Browns have paid a big chunk of his salary.

It's only his second year. That's the biggest thing. He was in the AP league coming out. No one was even close. He had an injury plagued rookie season. Hey it happens, he was also their main offensive weapon. I'm actual shocked they traded him. He's only going to get better.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I am a fan of the trade. Technically, we didn't use a top 10 pick on him. We theoretically used what will equate to a 20-25th pick. That I have no problem with. Heck of a value in my book. Plus, the Browns have paid a big chunk of his salary.

Yeah... Honestly one underrated part of the trade that I haven't heard any of the pundits talk about is the fact that Trent will be cashing even bigger checks from Cleveland while he's playing for us.

'44......Listen to the comments coming from Cleveland...31 carries...105 rds....3.1

TR is a second year player.....Bradshaw is a 2-time 1,000-yard guy

TR is potential....Bradshaw is proven

Your just mad that your membership card to the Donald Brown fan club will be worthless soon aren't you..

I really believe you can toss all of Trent's Cleveland numbers out the window. He was essentially the only weapon Cleveland had. Our passing game will work wonders for him. We just need better blocking. Hopefully Hugh Thornton will be able to step up. I would love for Khaled Holmes to get healthy as well.

I really believe you can toss all of Trent's Cleveland numbers out the window. He was essentially the only weapon Cleveland had. Our passing game will work wonders for him. We just need better blocking. Hopefully Hugh Thornton will be able to step up. I would love for Khaled Holmes to get healthy as well.

And that weapon got dinged up and still played through injuries! I'm stoked. We haven't had his talent since Edge!

Guest TeamLoloJones

107 attempts-454 yards -0 TDS

33 Receptions-273 yards- 0 TDS

Those were Ray Rice's Rookie numbers,,,and he turned out all right didn't he?

WE obcessed with being a power running team...and that wont win...I'm afraid..

Richardson is no better than Bradshaw

Richardson is definitely better than Bradshaw. He's bigger, faster, and more physical. Think about it Mark, if both Bradshaw and Richardson were free agents, all things even, who do you think GMs would go after? It's a no brainer.

How did Jamaal Charles run for 1550+ and 5.3ypc last year.  They didn't even have a QB at Kansas City.

Those stats are misleading. If you look at his game log, he had huge games (200+ yards) against very poor defenses (Indy, Cle, NO) but he also had really bad games. He wasn't very consistent. A lot like Chris Johnson. 

those #s don't really mean a whole heck of a lot, mark.... look at it like this... there are high schools with a bigger threat at QB than what the Browns have...so Trent is putting up those #s with every team stacking the box against them on nearly every play...they cant do that against us, or Luck and our WRs /TEs will light them up. I think this makes us better all the way around, when you take a minute to look at it for what it is.   And aside from their LT, the Browns O Line is worse than ours is.

I'm not sure how Luck finds the hot receiver. I know PM would light them up but nothing against Luck he would have to show me he could do it