Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T-rich only averaged 3.6 yards per carry

AllYouNeedIsLuck

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think more than anything, the Colts needed someone to keep the ground game honest. Defenders aren't cowering when they see Bradshaw or Brown. It takes pressure off of Luck.

You have to look at this from a complete offensive standpoint. Edgerrin was the last real threat the Colts had.

he's a dynamic player and a great addition to the offense if you looked at what he did last season with not a lot of weapons in the browns offense i think we are getting something special. he runs with attitude and it looks like Grigs is trying his best to build a team with size and attitude. Something Colts fans haven't seen in a while. I'm not looking for this to make us an instant playoff team i'm looking at this as a move that is shaping our future for the better. 

I think more than anything, the Colts needed someone to keep the ground game honest. Defenders aren't cowering when they see Bradshaw or Brown. It takes pressure off of Luck.

You have to look at this from a complete offensive standpoint. Edgerrin was the last real threat the Colts had.

WE obcessed with being a power running team...and that wont win...I'm afraid..

Richardson is no better than Bradshaw

Never, EVER spend a No.1 on a running back.....

I will say this much...Bill Polian said that last year's draft only had THREE "cant miss" type players... Andrew Luck, Robert Griffen and Trent Richardson...and before anyone bashes that because Polian said it, apparently Grigson agrees with that...and i'd take the word of TWO NFL GM's long before i'd take the opinion of a bunch of guys on a forum.   I will agree that not MANY RBs are worth a 1st round pick...but some are, and I believe that Trent is one of those.   He will make our passing game better and also make our offensive line look better...teams now cant sell out on the pass rush and also cant stack the box for the run...I think it's a good move, personally.

As for saying he's not as good as Bradshaw....even in his PRIME (which he is clearly well beyond, now), Bradshaw was never an every down back, he was the change of pace to Brandon Jacobs...Richardson can be that every down back, that not many teams have.   The Vikings have one, but have no QB....now we have one and we DO have a QB

I will say this much...Bill Polian said that last year's draft only had THREE "cant miss" type players... Andrew Luck, Robert Griffen and Trent Richardson...and before anyone bashes that because Polian said it, apparently Grigson agrees with that...and i'd take the word of TWO NFL GM's long before i'd take the opinion of a bunch of guys on a forum.   I will agree that not MANY RBs are worth a 1st round pick...but some are, and I believe that Trent is one of those.   He will make our passing game better and also make our offensive line look better...teams now cant sell out on the pass rush and also cant stack the box for the run...I think it's a good move, personally.

As for saying he's not as good as Bradshaw....even in his PRIME (which he is clearly well beyond, now), Bradshaw was never an every down back, he was the change of pace to Brandon Jacobs...Richardson can be that every down back, that not many teams have.   The Vikings have one, but have no QB....now we have one and we DO have a QB

'44......Listen to the comments coming from Cleveland...31 carries...105 rds....3.1

TR is a second year player.....Bradshaw is a 2-time 1,000-yard guy

TR is potential....Bradshaw is proven

'44......Listen to the comments coming from Cleveland...31 carries...105 rds....3.1

TR is a second year player.....Bradshaw is a 2-time 1,000-yard guy

TR is potential....Bradshaw is proven

those #s don't really mean a whole heck of a lot, mark.... look at it like this... there are high schools with a bigger threat at QB than what the Browns have...so Trent is putting up those #s with every team stacking the box against them on nearly every play...they cant do that against us, or Luck and our WRs /TEs will light them up. I think this makes us better all the way around, when you take a minute to look at it for what it is.   And aside from their LT, the Browns O Line is worse than ours is.

those #s don't really mean a whole heck of a lot, mark.... look at it like this... there are high schools with a bigger threat at QB than what the Browns have...so Trent is putting up those #s with every team stacking the box against them on nearly every play...they cant do that against us, or Luck and our WRs /TEs will light them up. I think this makes us better all the way around, when you take a minute to look at it for what it is. And aside from their LT, the Browns O Line is worse than ours is.

The browns line is better at virtually every position aside from RT.

We drafted a running last year..we signed one in the off season and we traded for another after 2 games.....giving up a No. 1

Even the most trusting fans would have to question our 'plan'

we drafted one in the FIFTH round, last year...we signed Bradshaw to a one year deal in the offseason...I don't see why it's such a great question of what our plan is?  

those #s don't really mean a whole heck of a lot, mark.... look at it like this... there are high schools with a bigger threat at QB than what the Browns have...so Trent is putting up those #s with every team stacking the box against them on nearly every play...they cant do that against us, or Luck and our WRs /TEs will light them up. I think this makes us better all the way around, when you take a minute to look at it for what it is.   And aside from their LT, the Browns O Line is worse than ours is.

Nobody's going to stack the box against Trent Richardson......more than they would Ahmad Bradshaw..

I hope it works...CB 44 ..but I don't see where this guy is better than Bradshaw...and our still-rebuilding team now has No No.1 in 2014.

Curious

Nobody's going to stack the box against Trent Richardson......more than they would Ahmad Bradshaw..

I hope it works...CB 44 ..but I don't see where this guy is better than Bradshaw...and our still-rebuilding team now has No No.1 in 2014.

Curious

he's MUCH better than Bradshaw and a LOT younger...he is an every down back, bradshaw has NEVER been that...and now bradshaw is older and wont be around long... Richardson is from last year's draft class, so basically the same age as Luck....isn't that the RB you want on a "rebuilding" team?   He is easily the most talented back that we have had since Edge hurt his knee.

And yes, teams have been stacking the box against Richardson in every game, because of the Browns lack of QB play...now that he's on a team with a legit QB, his numbers will only get better and better