Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HORRENDOUS day by Pep

Manning1887

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We had 133 rushing yards. Line is still to inconsistent. Our defensive line needs to get better. Pep Hamilton is scaring me!! With 1:45 seconds still remaining. Why would we go 3 straight plays with no one in the backfield. He made it so obvious and it killed us. Why would we not run it at least twice?!?!? Pep is very suspect right now

I actually really like what I saw from Bradshaw and Brown (don't hit me). Run game was not our problem. In fact, on our last series I was hoping for some more runs once we had 1st down with just under 2 mins. I wasn't a fan of the shot to TY in the end zone that fell incomplete.

Regardless of yards or any other stats, we only scored 3 second half points which is entirely unacceptable. Luck missed on atleast 5 or 6 throws where it was either a miscommunication or a falt out bad pass. Defense played a horrible first quarter but then settled down the rest of the game and gave the offense plenty of chances.

Too many mistakes by both sides overall.

It is only game 2 guys. I thought we ran the ball decent with Brown and Bradshaw, theres only room for improvement, especially against this Dolphin's defense.  I was impressed with Fleener today and I hope he holds onto the same momentum throughout the whole game.

I don't get the criticism of the O line so heavily? Yeah there were a few break downs. But a lot of the pressure he saw was later like after 3-4 seconds because Miami a number of times blanketed our receivers. There was no one for him to go to. Eventually some sorta pressure will come. I think credit goes to Mia Defense, secondary in particular for locking our receivers up when they needed to. And we improved in blocking for the Run game to from what I saw. Its not anywhere near great yet but it was better.And their never gonna be perfect, sometimes the defense will get the best of you. Improvement and consistency is all we can ask for. Were not gonna be able to prevent any pressure at all from happening and prevent every sack. Not gonna happen, sorry. Defense wins sometimes. Let's continue to give this unit time and see what they do before we get too harsh.

I think it is you sir that are drinking.  Where exactly did we get 400 plus yards of offense from?  If you were really watching the game you would certainly know that we scored about 34 points if 2 were not taken back by the refs.   You don't even know exactly what you are ostracizing and the fact that no one on the entire thread agrees with you.  

Krunk, you keep drinking the Kool-Aid buddy. It is one thing to watch the game and follow the ball on each play and miss out on the individual match-ups and the "situational football" given each down and distance. We can't run consistently on 3rd and short because our offensive line cannot get a good push off the ball. There is no reason to run on a 3rd and short because we show over and over that we cannot. That is great that we have lots of yardage, but yet we have only 20 points to show for it.

It's having the right call given the down and distance and our position on the field. We are bogging down in the red zone and struggling on 3rd and short.

I realize you think you are a football genius because you watch the whole game and can know each player's number, but that doesn't mean that you understand anything.

We would not have scored 2 extra tds because of the refs, we would have scored 1 extra td. Both those tds that were taken away were on the same drive.

I refuse to blame Pep when Luck throws one of the dumbest passes ever. Why even take that chance on 1st down? Especially when he could've ran.

horrendous throw / decision.  he was beating himself up but it was just a chuck and pray and he's better than that.  I hope he takes full credit for the screw up.  It was a game changer, obviously.  As hard as everyone worked and to have the life sucked out of you on a total moronic pass is just unacceptable.

I thought the colts would not miss Bruce but I see how good of an OC he was

Yeah, Bruce knew what plays work in the pros with the personnel he had.

Pep is a college OC trying to fit players into the system he wants to run...and a lot of the players don't fit.

I suppose Pep is learning on the job and using the Colts to do it.

Krunk, you keep drinking the Kool-Aid buddy. It is one thing to watch the game and follow the ball on each play and miss out on the individual match-ups and the "situational football" given each down and distance. We can't run consistently on 3rd and short because our offensive line cannot get a good push off the ball. There is no reason to run on a 3rd and short because we show over and over that we cannot. That is great that we have lots of yardage, but yet we have only 20 points to show for it.

It's having the right call given the down and distance and our position on the field. We are bogging down in the red zone and struggling on 3rd and short.

I realize you think you are a football genius because you watch the whole game and can know each player's number, but that doesn't mean that you understand anything.

We would not have scored 2 extra tds because of the refs, we would have scored 1 extra td. Both those tds that were taken away were on the same drive.

It seems like almost everyone on this thread is drinking my kool aid and not yours buddy!  Haven't you figured that out yet that almost no one on this thread is running along with your constant whining about third down and short like we had a thousand of those.  Would we even hear your voice if we hadn't had those TD called back, or if maybe Vinateri had hit the field goal he missed?  Can you please tell us how we got a 100 yards plus on the ground today if we can't get a push? What is your excuse for the 3rd and shorts that we did pick up?  What is your excuse for Ahmad Bradshaws td? May not have been 3rd down but it certainly was short, so why was the line able to make enough room then.  Stop making excuses.............

??  Midseason??    How about next week.

I don't think I have heard Walden's name once in 2 games now.     BW really did play pretty good today.   He needs to be on the field.

Let me just toss in how we shot ourselves in the foot as well with the missed fg and giving up a fg to end the first half by playing a weak prevent defense

A positive from today was Bjoern Werner. I thought he looked good and should replace Walden by midseason.

Never called myself a football genius.  I'm like just about everyone else on here, I like to talk about football.

Sorry if you don't like what I have to say.....

the run wasn't the problem there were three key mistakes.

1.td taken away on illegal shift.

2.luck forcing pass to wayne resulting in int

3. bradshaw not being on the field to block on final drive

losing Thomas is huge and dhb is hurt again to

Also didn't throw to Hilton enough in 2nd half.

And maybe Miami is a pretty good football team....   ??   I think they are.     

They brought the heat ALL GAME LONG...      made things very hard for Andrew....

This game was a toss up pre kick off,   it could have went either way.

Good post John. Miami is indeed very good. They tooled up this year especially on O to contend with the Pats and here they are at 2-0 and tied for the division. Thought the Colts fought all day and moved the ball but didn't score. Some days it is hard to score in the NFL.

This is two weeks in a row where the play calling is just baffling. I swear that Pep is just stubbornly trying to establish the run. WE CAN'T RUN THE BALL! Our o-line is not very good. Gosder Cherilus is the biggest waste of money of the offseason. Mike McGlynn is not a starting caliber guard. There are moments where we are able to pick up 4 or 5 yards, but too often we run on first down and put ourselves in a hole or worse run on 2nd and 10 and make it 3rd and long.

Also, TY HIlton has an outstanding first half and we avoid him in the 2nd. Coby Fleener had a strong first half and a quiet 2nd. We were moving the ball well through the air in the first half just to abandon that in the 2nd half. Almost 250 yds through the air in the first half and about 80 in the 2nd half.

I understand needing the D to respect the run, but WE CAN'T BLOCK THE RUN!!!! Stop trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. It just isn't happening. Just like every other Colts offensive line that has ever existed, we cannot run the ball.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have certainly not been a fan of "college" offense. Yes, we need a running game but we need to pass when appropriate. Why draft the best passer in college football and then tell him to hand off the football? Last year he proved he could pass. Almost Peytonlike, tho he is certainly no Peyton. Had Peyton been there today and Luck learning from him, we would have won easily. Yes, Bruce was a pro coach, not a college coach who has not yet learned that the Stanford offense is not going to work in the NFL.

I guess you don't quite understand that Pep was an NFL coach for more than 1 season before he was even at Stanford.  Number 2, the West Coast offense is not a college offense.  It's an established offensive system that has been in the NFL for years, and it's executed different ways by different teams.  Since when has a power running game not been a part of the NFL?  This is not some new fangled stuff that has never been part of this league.

Yes the West Coast offense has been around for years and I have been a fan. However, whether or not Pep was a pro coach in the past has nothing to do with the fact that he does not seem to know how to implement on the pro level with the talent he has been given. By the way, no one said that we should not be able to run the ball, however, that is not our forte. At this rate, we will finish 8 - 8 for the season if we are lucky.

I have certainly not been a fan of "college" offense. Yes, we need a running game but we need to pass when appropriate. Why draft the best passer in college football and then tell him to hand off the football? Last year he proved he could pass. Almost Peytonlike, tho he is certainly no Peyton. Had Peyton been there today and Luck learning from him, we would have won easily. Yes, Bruce was a pro coach, not a college coach who has not yet learned that the Stanford offense is not going to work in the NFL.

Luck's pass attempts almost doubled the number of rushing attempts by Brown and Bradshaw.  

With all the experts posting here I wonder how none of them work in the NFL....just kidding. I think far too much impactt is being given to these first two games, sure it would be great to win them all but did you really think after the emotional wins last year that it would be easier this year? Dissect away but I'm not shifting sweat pumps to high speed just yet, a little more time to mesh is in order.

Again, losses create the need in fans to spew blame like a flamethower and it is propped up like truth, with mostly emotion to back it up.

If we lose, it is because we suck, never because the other team played really well. It reminds me of the guy who plays hoops, gets stuffed in 1 on 1, yet says his shot is off rather than giving the opponent props for his D.

Classic.

Just a thought, I am guessing that Pep worked his you know what off in preparation for this game, and he will improve as the season goes on.

Pretend that you got the opportunity to have a dinner with him, and he really shared his feelings....about how proud he is to be a Colt, and proud he is to be a member of the community, and how he is giving everything he can to help this team and that things WILL get better. My guess is, you would change the way you see him. But here, where there is no personal involvement other than the opportunity to vent, he gets roasted.

I choose to see the man as caring, dedicated, concerned, hard working, and a Colt through and through. He is our teams OC. A position not lightly given.

Just a thought, I am guessing that Pep worked his you know what off in preparation for this game, and he will improve as the season goes on.

Pretend that you got the opportunity to have a dinner with him, and he really shared his feelings....about how proud he is to be a Colt, and proud he is to be a member of the community, and how he is giving everything he can to help this team and that things WILL get better. My guess is, you would change the way you see him. But here, where there is no personal involvement other than the opportunity to vent, he gets roasted.

I choose to see the man as caring, dedicated, concerned, hard working, and a Colt through and through. He is our teams OC. A position not lightly given.

I prefer the 2 sides to every coin approach, neither all good or all bad, Right now nothing Pep has called on any 1 particular play concerns me, Now I may have called a play here or a play their different but I dont think he has done anything thats a real head scratcher of a move

I prefer the 2 sides to every coin approach, neither all good or all bad, Right now nothing Pep has called on any 1 particular play concerns me, Now I may have called a play here or a play their different but I dont think he has done anything thats a real head scratcher of a move

the fourth and one call last week was kinda that as was the call to have Brown in the game on a third and one today when Bradshaw is better in those scenarios and same can be said with trying to run Bradshaw outside when Brown is more suited for that. All and all though I think he's doing alright for a rookie NFL coach. He's learning and will get better like any rookie. In think we as fans need to realize that sometimes it's failure to execute the play calls that's the issue and not always the play calls themselves.