Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Now on to Chuck and Pep...

bluephantom87

Was watching First Take yesterday and Skip basically said the Colts would be no threat to the Texans, finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs. He also said he wasn't sold on Luck cause he turns the ball over too much (only Sanchez was worse) and only completed 54% of his passes but the main reason for the lack of success would be the departure of Bruce as oc. (who also won the COY) I'm not buying that. Luck's 18 ints were 10 less than Peyton's 28 ints his rookie season despite Luck attempting 52 more passes. Peyton in his rookie season only completed 56% of his passes. Peyton had 1 fumble lost while Luck had 5 but Luck also had 5 rushing tds to none by Peyton. Luck set rookie records in yards, attempts, wins by a number one overall pick, comebacks by a rookie and was only off by 3 on the rookie passing td record (26) set by Peyton. Now on to Chuck and Pep wanting to become a power rushing team number 12 is special and the run game is not the strength of this team. Whether Chuck wil be a conservative coach (most dcs becoming the head guy are) settling on fgs, relying on tough defense and the run game remains to be seen but one thing Bruce realized was that Luck rookie or not along with that receiving core gave the Colts the best chance to win. Pep came from a system that played smash mouth behind a huge o-line where the qb picked his shots midrange with talented t-ends. I'm not knocking the run game because it's vital to a qb but keeping Luck upright or even running the ball better regardless of who's in the backfiedl starts with that o-line. 

I'm not really concerned about Luck's turnover numbers from last year.  As you said, Peyton threw 28 picks in his rookie season.  Both QBs had shaky O-Lines in their first campaigns, and poor offensive line play obviously leads to turnovers.  I'm confident Luck will not regress, as several of the talking heads have predicted, and will instead continue to grow into the superstar we all know he will be.

It's almost like Luck is sort of underrated going into this season.  RG3, Russell Wilson and Kaepernick are getting lots of love from the media, and Luck sorta feels like the odd man out right now.   Personally, I prefer to be the underdog, and I only think it's going to make him better.

Offensive line isn't built for this offense, at least not while guys named McGlynn & Satele are starting.

Pep will find out soon that this is not the offensive line he had at Stanford that gave Andrew so much time he could've made sandwiches for his team and still have time to throw

It's an exaggeration, but still pretty accurate haha

Offensive line isn't built for this offense, at least not while guys named McGlynn & Satele are starting.

Pep will find out soon that this is not the offensive line he had at Stanford that gave Andrew so much time he could've made sandwiches for his team and still have time to throw

It's an exaggeration, but still pretty accurate haha

Pep will also find out he's not facing soft Pac-12 defenses either.

Skip Bayless has no credibility to me. When he can tout to the world how great Tim Tebow is, saying "all he does is win," and completely blow off the turnaround Andrew Luck pulled out here in Indy, the man is the very definition of willful ignorance. I'm am astounded at the amount of complete nonsense that emits from his sound hole on a daily basis.

Was watching First Take yesterday and Skip basically said the Colts

That's all you needed to say because anything after what Skip said is garbage, lol.  Basically anythign that hack says, the opposite will be true.  So now I'm even more confident now that Luck will have a stellar second year since

@TribStarTJames: After training camp/pre-season. No matter how many times we write it. Colts want a CONSISTENT running game. That is all. Will still pass.

We got Homers here that think PEP has STILL not figured out Satelle & McGlynn. How did he get his Job? A Pagano choice BTW!

Where are the Clowns?? Right here baby!

I get tired of this "were not built to be a power running team" crap.  Power running is NOT running the ball a ton of times in hopes that you can break good gain, Power running refers to more then anything else how we will run the ball more often then not when we run the ball which will be primarily with Man Bocking with some Zone built in, Were not going to be abandon the pass, thats just silly, Pep knows the offenses strengths and weaknesses. Does anyone remember that deep ball in the preseason to TY that went for a td? Were gonna throw, were gonna go deep but were going do it all with efficiency being the main goal......Im not addressing the Skip Bayless comment

did he watch the games or just the stat sheets?

Bayless is paid to be the counter point to reality. I doubt very seriously if Bayless believes half of what he says but he is paid to spark anger and debate at a high level. I quit watching First Take long ago because it is not intended to be informative. That show is based on argumentative and controversial viewpoints. Bayless comes off as a narrow minded person who is not interested in any other opinion but his. Bayless's background did not start as the person you see on ESPN. Believe it or not Bayless has won several awards as a sports writer in Dallas and Chicago. He also has some background work on the Golf channel that was considered good work.