Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Landry, Thornton and Allen all playing this weekend.

Can't wait to see these guys!

Who are you most excited about seeing out of the three preseason debutants?

Allen was ruled out....going with 2 TEs.  Allen IS practicing however and will be ready for season...and more than likely the last preseason game unless the Colts exercise caution. :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130822/SPORTS03/308220043/Bradshaw-Allen-Fleener-McGlynn-out-Colts-Landry-Angerer-Thornton-will-play-Saturday

Allen was ruled out....going with 2 TEs.  Allen IS practicing however and will be ready for season...and more than likely the last preseason game unless the Colts exercise caution. :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130822/SPORTS03/308220043/Bradshaw-Allen-Fleener-McGlynn-out-Colts-Landry-Angerer-Thornton-will-play-Saturday

That's a shame. I thought i saw Kevin Bowen say he'd play.

That's a shame. I thought i saw Kevin Bowen say he'd play.

I know Allen wants to play as well....the 3rd game is always a true game prep for regular season.

You had me pumped...then I was inboxed the article...would have loved to have seen Allen as well.  We need to watch Angerer, Landry, and Thornton though.  Hopefully Iljalana too!!!  :)

I know Allen wants to play as well....the 3rd game is always a true game prep for regular season.

You had me pumped...then I was inboxed the article...would have loved to have seen Allen as well.  We need to watch Angerer, Landry, and Thornton though.  Hopefully Iljalana too!!!   :)

Thinking about it now, i think Bowen said that the Colts would have "two healthy TEs". I think i just jumped the gun and assumed that he was talking about Fleener and Allen. In retrospect, it seems he probably meant Fleener and Cunningham.

I do apologise!  :bag:

Thinking about it now, i think Bowen said that the Colts would have "two healthy TEs". I think i just jumped the gun and assumed that he was talking about Fleener and Allen. In retrospect, it seems he probably meant Fleener and Cunningham.

No need to apologize.  I misspelled Kat the other day :)

With no Allen and no Fleener this week,  I would not be surprised if our offense looked very, very poor this week.

That's two top receiving targets and two blockers that won't be on the field....  I know, I know, Coby's not much of a blocker...

I'm not predicting the offense will be poor.....   but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happens.....

As always in these type of situations,   I hope I'm wrong.....

I do apologise! :bag:

@KBowenColts: To recap: LaRon Landry will make his Colts debut this weekend. Hugh Thornton, his NFL debut. Colts have 2 healthy tight ends versus Browns.

The 2 TE's are Justice "Mr. Irrelevant" Cunningham & Dominique Jones

With no Allen and no Fleener this week, I would not be surprised if our offense looked very, very poor this week.

That's two top receiving targets and two blockers that won't be on the field.... I know, I know, Coby's not much of a blocker...

I'm not predicting the offense will be poor..... but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happens.....

As always in these type of situations, I hope I'm wrong.....

Why is it gonna be poor? Fleener was barely involved last week & look what happened. I think Andrew targeted him once & that was when Fleener dropped it. We'll be fine on offense

Why is it gonna be poor? Fleener was barely involved last week & look what happened. I think Andrew targeted him once & that was when Fleener dropped it. We'll be fine on offense

Our top two tight ends are not playing.

And you think it should not effect the offense?     Really?     Seriously?  

Okie-dokie.....

Our top two tight ends are not playing.

And you think it should not effect the offense?     Really?     Seriously?  

Okie-dokie.....

Why not? It's not like Fleener contributed anything last week and Allen has already missed both game thus far.

With no Allen and no Fleener this week, I would not be surprised if our offense looked very, very poor this week.

That's two top receiving targets and two blockers that won't be on the field.... I know, I know, Coby's not much of a blocker...

I'm not predicting the offense will be poor..... but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happens.....

As always in these type of situations, I hope I'm wrong.....

Offense will look different with more 3-4 WR sets but not poor. And Fleener is not a top target as much as everyone would like him to be, he just isn't right now.

Adjust to the personnel you have this week and keep the train rolling.

With no Allen and no Fleener this week,  I would not be surprised if our offense looked very, very poor this week.

That's two top receiving targets and two blockers that won't be on the field....  I know, I know, Coby's not much of a blocker...

I'm not predicting the offense will be poor.....   but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happens.....

As always in these type of situations,   I hope I'm wrong.....

So less dropped passes will be had since Fleener isn't playing? Sweet! 

I do want to see Allen on the field though.....he is beast! 

Funny you still don`t know the 2. :highfive2:

He was targeted twice, the other time Fleener didn't even know he was targeted lol

That makes me nervous that most of the starters are playing until the third quarter.  :panic:

The way it should be looked at is this:  Get through 3 quarters and hope that we only have 3 injuries.  One will be on the Offensive line, one will be a big-time player (just choose one because it WILL happen), and then a player on defense will get hurt as well.  WE must hope for no more than 3 total.  We can deal with three.  Of the three, one will be lost for the season in all likelihood.  Let's hope it's on defense and not the big-name player.  The remaining two will likely just have a few games to get better and heal up.  We MUST hope for NO Lis Franc type injuries, weird quirk injuries, freak accidents and that kind of thing.  We want this year to go smooth so let's just hope and pray we get by with just those 3 types of injuries and then we can sit everyone in the 4th pre-season game.  We can live with 3 or fewer vs. Cleveland tonight.  What time is the game anyway?

I am excited to get our first look at Thornton.  We know what Allen can give us if he plays like last year and we know what Landry can do based on his previous stops in the NFL.  Thornton is the bug unknown at the NFL level and if he plays well could be an answer to a major question right now.

If i had to hazard a guess, i would say he doesn't see any action this year. same as what we did with chapman last year.

Oh wow I didn't realize how serious his injury was. Hope to see him do well next year.