Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most hated Ex-Colt?

BronxColtNYC

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Painter....but he got us luck...

I don't really blame Painter, it wasn't his fault he was thrown into a situation he wasn't good enough for, he did the best he could for us. 

Also judging by how fans reaction around here when his name comes up I think the answer to this question is Bill Polian if we can extend it beyond players.

totally good rule to live by.  but the exception is Hank Baskett!!!!!!

Well, it's not like he did it on purpose.

There's a difference between someone who - while admittedly just the sound of his name makes you want to :puke: - really was just a average Joe who made a mistake, as opposed to someone like George,  who seemed to be willfully failing on a regular basis simply because he was  too much of a :cuss: to try and be the best QB he could be. Similarly I used to hate Elway because he gave us such a slap in the face. There have been a few others.

But I liked Painter and rooted hard for him. Loved Vanerjagt and consider him the best kicker in the teams history. If I were to "hate" players because they couldn't get the job done (whether one time or ever) I'd have to hate hundreds of them - including all the ones who weren't good enough to make the team in the first place. It just makes no sense. You have to willfully hurt me to earn my wrath.

Marshall Faulk (old school) plus he seems to hold some kind of grudge.

That is mine. "....I don't want to play on astro turff."  So where does he go?  The rams where guess what,  they have astro turff. Also he seemed to have stopped playing the last year he was here, Hit behind the line of scrimage and would go down. When he got to the rams he would get hit behind the line of scrimage, throw that defender off and then drag two more defenders ten yards down the field.