Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This is ridiculous, BR power rankings have Colts at 25

Nobody

does he not notice that this team is 6 billion times better then what we had last year. upgraded o-line, players that actually fit a 3-4 and the most dangerous fact an experienced andrew luck............whoa scary.

This time last year we were dead last in the power rankings(or at least close to last). So, the way I see it, we are seven spots ahead of where we were last year and that would put us in the Super Bowl. Infallible logic is infallible. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1713145-nfl-preseason-power-rankings-start-of-training-camps-edition/page/9

This guy... haha

Well his reasoning in the comments is they were 21st in point differential. So obviously we'll be worse than that, right? lmao

He thinks we go 6-10. Uninformed people like this make me mad. The rest of the list is garbage as well.

Funny....I posted the same thing on a status update :)  I did not think Mr. "Lead NFL writer" for Bleacher Report deserved anything....the teams as well as coaches above us on that list is laughable Nobody!  I stopped reading when the Panthers were at 24.....:)

Y'know, in the last few months I've read a number of places how the Colts won't be taking anyone by surprise this year.  Often power rankings talk about regression and state that the Colts didn't improve this off-season.  To me, it seems like Indy is becoming one of the most under-rated teams in the NFL.  Lost in all the talk of over-paying FAs and so-so draft grades is the fact that the team added a lot of solid players in all the trouble areas: OL, DL, Secondary.  Turning over 3 or 4 of the OL starters, I still read on a Texans board the other day how the Colts didn't do anything to upgrade their terrible OL. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1713145-nfl-preseason-power-rankings-start-of-training-camps-edition/page/9

This guy... haha

Well his reasoning in the comments is they were 21st in point differential. So obviously we'll be worse than that, right? lmao

He thinks we go 6-10. Uninformed people like this make me mad. The rest of the list is garbage as well.

Hes basing it if we pull our starters from game one & rest of season 

Hopefully, some knuckleheads will read and believe this written opinion stuff.  Then, we can kick some butt and take names.

Having said that, "on paper" potential is one thing, "in game" potential is another.  Hopefully, we can create good match-ups in games and take advantage where it is available. I think the FO, Pagano and his staff know how to do that.

Anyone, on either side of the fence, predicting anything now is just pulling things out of their butt.  Saying oh there is no way the Colts could take a step back is just as much hot air as saying the Colts will go 6-10.

There is evidence for both sides and I can easily see the Colts slipping to 9-10 wins, but still being a better team than last year just as much as I can see us taking the division.

Looking at power rankings is just a futile exercise especially this far out from the regular season.

Good.....

I hope this is part of the 2013 Chip on the Colts' Shoulder attitude that we need to bring. 

No.     darn.     Respect.

And to think,   Bleacher Report had actually had 1 or 2 well written articles this off-season.

And this guy?   He's supposed to be their NFL Lead Writer!?!    Really?     Seriously?

Wow.....     uhhhhhh.....  good luck with that.....     :scratch:      :dunno:

This guy... haha

1) It is Bleacher Report - so who cares?

2) If he had predicted the Colts were the best team in the league, we would have fallen all over ourselves trumpeting the writer's brilliance.

3) These polls mean less than nothing so getting mad about is pointless and again I ask - who cares?

1) It is Bleacher Report - so who cares?

2) If he had predicted the Colts were the best team in the league, we would have fallen all over ourselves trumpeting the writer's brilliance.

3) These polls mean less than nothing so getting mad about is pointless and again I ask - who cares?

1. So?

2. No.

3. You seem mad.

Good.....

I hope this is part of the 2013 Chip on the Colts' Shoulder attitude that we need to bring. 

No.     darn.     Respect.

And to think,   Bleacher Report had actually had 1 or 2 well written articles this off-season.

And this guy?   He's supposed to be their NFL Lead Writer!?!    Really?     Seriously?

Wow.....     uhhhhhh.....  good luck with that.....     :scratch:      :dunno:

yeah, i saw that too, made me smile.. so, it was worth opening the link..

Guys definitely on crack with a side of Skip Bayless. He has Tenn & KC ahead of us & has the Ravens @ 18?? Vikings & Rams @ 13-14. Guys rankings are off the charts. It's almost like he just drew the teams out of a hat, then decided the rankings. haha

rams could be dangerous with an offense

1. So?

2. No.

3. You seem mad.

1.  Giving bleacher report any credence is a complete waste of time.

2.  You saying no to this point is comical.  It goes against the very essence of message boards.  Someone would have started a "finally, someone giving the Colts respect" thread."  Guarantee, when the fact is it is still Bleacher Report and the whole thing is meaningless any because you know they actually play games to determine who is best.

3.  Not mad.  Just became a dad and could not be happier. 

1. Giving bleacher report any credence is a complete waste of time.

2. You saying no to this point is comical. It goes against the very essence of message boards. Someone would have started a "finally, someone giving the Colts respect" thread." Guarantee, when the fact is it is still Bleacher Report and the whole thing is meaningless any because you know they actually play games to determine who is best.

3. Not mad. Just became a dad and could not be happier.

Comical? haha I like to think we have a lot of people here who realize we shouldn't be #1.

Congrats.

It is pretty comical but I never read anything on Bleacher report. Worst idea ever letting normal people play make believe that they are reporters or analyst. Do you want your mechanic to tell you how to file your taxes or the grocer bag boy to prescribe your medicine. Just laughable. I blame those holiday inn commercials for this crap lol. 

I believe we are a wild card team. Anything from 9-7 to 11-5. It IS POSSIBLE to be a better TEAM and have a worse record. We have just as many ?? on this team as last year. A lot of new faces that while have proven more up to this point in their career also have proven to have had down years or injuries. It takes some luck in this league...hopefully our "Luck" is good this year.   : )