Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

37/658/7 on 9 games. one game he wasnt targeted at all. so 8 games. one he was targeted 1 time for 37, so 7 games.

so really: 36/621/7 on 7 games. his best season since being in the league... by far. and agian it was a partial. importantly though it was the end of a season and he played strong and healthy. i understand your point with knees going down hill and 5 surgeries being no good, but what if its right now... and we can have this dude on the cheap.

look at all the FREAKS that came back from knee opps better than ever this year... AP, JC... DX?

So because he wasn't targeted means that game doesn't count? So basically you are saying he was ineffective, couldn't get open but that shouldn't matter because you want to cherry pick his stats. People do this all the time on here. You can't project stats out and you can't take stats away because someone has a big game. Stats=stats. I will say he had a productive year on a crappy team that was behind a lot and forced to pass. Said team has a good qb and lost several weapons and the kid stepped up and played well. So why is that same team not resigning him..even to a low ball offer? They still need help at wr. Sounds like they found a gem.

Fact is no doctors will sign off on that knee. No one will give him guaranteed money and he will likely have to take a performance type of contract. If we sign him on a flyer to a pay for performance contract that would be nice but no way would I want us to guarantee anything to someone the doctors won't sign off on.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but could the target possibly have been Eric Decker? As I think of teams who could spare a WR, Denver does come to mind. They could get along just fine with Welker, Thomas, and Stokely. I mean, that could also mean Thomas was the target, but I suspect we'd be more interested in Decker...

That's really the only option that makes any logical sense to me.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but could the target possibly have been Eric Decker? As I think of teams who could spare a WR, Denver does come to mind. They could get along just fine with Welker, Thomas, and Stokely. I mean, that could also mean Thomas was the target, but I suspect we'd be more interested in Decker...

Manning would never let Decker go. His favorite target.

Denver would trade Decker and replace him with Welker ? You would then have a 32 year old slot reciever and a 38 year old slot receiver. Which old small guy replaces the 6'3" 220 lb WR that caught 13 tds last year ? Denver is no doubt trying to win now . Why in the world would they trade Manning's best weapon who has a cap hit of around 800K in 2013 ? 

Furthermore , Irsay said it wasn't a trade. 

I like DHB for his potential. It's kind of hard to hold him accountable for his production, considering where he's been playing. He has the speed to stretch the field for us vertically, which is what we need.

We'll see...

and....GO!

we're off like a herd of turtles

I'm getting ready to turn 42 in a little over a month so I know what I'm looking forward to. Already had surgery on both and take routine cortisone shots in them. It sucks.

Lol wait till ya hit the big 50 my Friend,you will discover all kinds of aches and pains you never knew existed :spit:

Julian Edelman for one, and I'm sure he can be had cheaper.

No thanks. Edelman was never in a position where even a crazy person (R.I.P. Al Davis) thought he could be great.

I'd be pumped if we signed DHB. He isn't the answer but he lessens our desperate need FO a WR. It'll be like having Garcon back. I like the sound of that.

Julian Edelman for one, and I'm sure he can be had cheaper.

whhaaa whaaa whaaaa WHHHHAAAATTTTTT???????????????????

you sir are crazy.  if we add Edelman then we still need a #2 WR....  this does not help us.   DHB is 6'2 and can go up and get the ball and can play on the outside.  He also runs a 4.3....    Edelman is not even close to the same lvl of WR as DHB.

whhaaa whaaa whaaaa WHHHHAAAATTTTTT???????????????????

you sir are crazy.  if we add Edelman then we still need a #2 WR....  this does not help us.   DHB is 6'2 and can go up and get the ball and can play on the outside.  He also runs a 4.3....    Edelman is not even close to the same lvl of WR as DHB.

He's also injury prone and can't catch.