Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

1. I don't understand why people think a "Whopper" is any indication that the person was supposed to be top teir as whoppers technically are mediocre burgers.

2. How do we know he was referring to the BK Burger.

3. Main Entry: whop·per

Pronunciation: \ˈhwä-pər, ˈwä-\

Function: noun

Etymology: 1whop

Date: circa 1712

1 : something unusually large or otherwise extreme of its kind 2 : an extravagant or monstrous lie

He could be lying or we could be getting Jamarcus Russell to play WR.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DX still avail.

DHB still avail.

each could be our big man aka wopper. DHB drops way down last season. he is getting better. with Luck he could ball. Same with DX. they are both young too.

and we signed Jeremy Kelley. he has big man potential for us. (he only has like 400 yards to his name and played CFL and AFL but he is BIG and young.)

this is an "i want a big reciever" bump. I think DX and DHB could produce for the Colts sooner/better than a draftee we could get. still agree we draft a WR thats not a tiny speed freak.

I don't get the Danario Alexander love, unless it's just the fact the guy is tall. He went undrafted because of health concerns. got cut by the Rams who are about one of the most WR desperate teams in the league. SD don't seem a bit concerned about losing him and no other team is showing interest either. The guy has had 5, yeah 5 surgeries on the same knee. Maybe, if he came at the absolute minimum, he may be worth a look, but 5 friggin knee surgeries is bad news.

I don't get the Danario Alexander love, unless it's just the fact the guy is tall. He went undrafted because of health concerns. got cut by the Rams who are about one of the most WR desperate teams in the league. SD don't seem a bit concerned about losing him and no other team is showing interest either. The guy has had 5, yeah 5 surgeries on the same knee. Maybe, if he came at the absolute minimum, he may be worth a look, but 5 friggin knee surgeries is bad news.

that is the reason for the love. he is cheap. and an absolute game changer on the field. he made it through his stretch last season without an injury to his 5x repaired knee... comming off the street into an impact roll with the Bolts. reason being... he was cut by the rams. he got to actually HEAL his knee instead of parading back out on a blown out stick fresh off a surgery. guy is 24... tally 5 surgeries and a missed year of fb after getting cut. so his knees started giving him problems when he was... 17?! he is a giant and his growth plates probably couldnt keep up with athletic demand. of course he was injured and re injured. he is an athletic freak however and all apearences lead me to believe he is FINALLY healthy. had ample time to get right and... it showed last year. he caught everything thrown at him and put up strong numbers for a guy coming off the street. his numbers play out to a 1200 yard season... and in that stretch he had 1 goose egg and another 1 catch game. and Philip "implosion" Rivers at qb

with ANDREW "LIKEs TO CHUCK" LUCK those numbers would be ungodly! think about it.

that is the reason for the love. he is cheap. and an absolute game changer on the field. he made it through his stretch last season without an injury to his 5x repaired knee... comming off the street into an impact roll with the Bolts. reason being... he was cut by the rams. he got to actually HEAL his knee instead of parading back out on a blown out stick fresh off a surgery. guy is 24... tally 5 surgeries and a missed year of fb after getting cut. so his knees started giving him problems when he was... 17?! he is a giant and his growth plates probably couldnt keep up with athletic demand. of course he was injured and re injured. he is an athletic freak however and all apearences lead me to believe he is FINALLY healthy. had ample time to get right and... it showed last year. he caught everything thrown at him and put up strong numbers for a guy coming off the street. his numbers play out to a 1200 yard season... and in that stretch he had 1 goose egg and another 1 catch game. and Philip "implosion" Rivers at qb

with ANDREW "LIKEs TO CHUCK" LUCK those numbers would be ungodly! think about it.

I wouldn't mind giving him a shot, but I certainly wouldn't count on him being the #2 and eventually the #1. 5 surgeries on the same joint is not a promising outlook. I've had bad knee's myself since I was 15 yrs. old and they go down hill quick in the 20's. 

I wouldn't mind giving him a shot, but I certainly wouldn't count on him being the #2 and eventually the #1. 5 surgeries on the same joint is not a promising outlook. I've had bad knee's myself since I was 15 yrs. old and they go down hill quick in the 20's. 

Wait til you hit your late 40s :) No but back to topic he would have to come cheap.Iam not knocking his play last year or before.It is just the injuries you would hope he stays healthy but you couldnt pencil him in as your everyday #2.He would have to remain forever healthy in my books to keep a #2 or eventually a #1.just too much of a gamble for his injuries.Minimum salary and a chance to play he should be happy he got that chance.With incentives he could be a big playmaker if healthy.

Wait til you hit your late 40s :) No but back to topic he would have to come cheap.Iam not knocking his play last year or before.It is just the injuries you would hope he stays healthy but you couldnt pencil him in as your everyday #2.He would have to remain forever healthy in my books to keep a #2 or eventually a #1.just too much of a gamble for his injuries.Minimum salary and a chance to play he should be happy he got that chance.With incentives he could be a big playmaker if healthy.

I'm getting ready to turn 42 in a little over a month so I know what I'm looking forward to. Already had surgery on both and take routine cortisone shots in them. It sucks.

37/658/7 on 9 games. one game he wasnt targeted at all. so 8 games. one he was targeted 1 time for 37, so 7 games.

so really: 36/621/7 on 7 games. his best season since being in the league... by far. and agian it was a partial. importantly though it was the end of a season and he played strong and healthy. i understand your point with knees going down hill and 5 surgeries being no good, but what if its right now... and we can have this dude on the cheap.

look at all the FREAKS that came back from knee opps better than ever this year... AP, JC... DX?

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/nov/13/chargers-danario-alexander-happy-healthy-and-produ/?page=2#article-copy

last opperation 2010. cut from rams due to hammy pull not knee. they had little invested so wasnt much to drop him when he couldnt get right.

chargers pick up and he imediately takes meachums reps. they are paying him peanuts and paying meachum a bank roll, and they like what DX was doing enough to sit the $$ and play the big man. i think the arrow points up and i would LOVE this guy in a Colts uni.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/nov/13/chargers-danario-alexander-happy-healthy-and-produ/?page=2#article-copy

last opperation 2010. cut from rams due to hammy pull not knee. they had little invested so wasnt much to drop him when he couldnt get right.

chargers pick up and he imediately takes meachums reps. they are paying him peanuts and paying meachum a bank roll, and they like what DX was doing enough to sit the $$ and play the big man. i think the arrow points up and i would LOVE this guy in a Colts uni.

Thanks for the link. This seems to be what it all boils down to:

"Health was and will always be an issue. Reports out of St. Louis indicated that Alexander’s knee is permanently damaged and will never be as stable and healthy as it once was. St. Louis trainers were quoted as saying he’d always have to deal with swelling in the knee, but Alexander believes he has a dependable routine for keeping the joint healthy and productive."

If a team were to sign him to an offer sheet, they would have to either protect themselves contractually or just be willing to roll the dice...

dependable? played all games he was rostered with the chargers... says has swelling under controll and pain free. knee feels just like his other one. he obviously passed Physicals to get signed with Chargers... and still passes to still be on team with the  tender they offerend.

i was #77 too. OT. then switched to DE and rocked the #97. gata keep bumping this to get to the 90s! haha