Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

its offical/Ricky Jean Francois Signs Big Deal with Colts (confirmed)(merge)

Tyler Shaw

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3m? The colts paid joe addai more than that when he was 30 and injury prone

Addai is 29... So it's impossible that he's 30.

He was a more proven player and had more success than RJF. Two different cases that shouldn't be compared.

Plus, deals are only getting bigger as the years go on. 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - personal shot

I mean the guy is a pure run stopper, and has only 5 games (starting) under his belt.

I understand he gets a good amount of playing time, but still, I think 5.5 a year is too much for a guy like this. 

Just my opinion. I would have put the cap at 3M for him.

Do you understand that you're not a GM in the NFL? You have no clue what so ever what this guys market value is/was. 

This seems to pass the "buddy who's a fan" test, as I too have a Niners fan who is not really happy about this. Although he won't lose any sleep being that they have about 500 draft picks.

D line needed an upgrade, this is a good signing. 

Does anyone know anything about Nevis' health. I could see us trading him to a 4/3 team, where he would have real value, before the draft.

He is one of San Frans biggest up and comers. I am thrilled with the signing. First things first, anyone who thinks that he is not a day 1 sure-fire starter is crazy. He and Redding will be locking down the DE position without question. I'm pretty excited. Our D is really starting to look intimidating. I'll admit that many of these guys have something to prove; however, the overall talent level is heads and shoulders above where we were last year. 

Redding ----- Chapman ----- Jean-Francois

Walden ----- Freeman ----- Angerer ----- Mathis

V. Davis ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- G. Toler

Landry ------------------------------ Bethea

I'm sorry, but I can't help but get excited over the new look D. BUILD THE MONSTER!!!!!

Awesome post!!!! Glad to see someone not whine about things on here.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - quoted removed post
Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - quoted removed post

Do you understand that you're not a GM in the NFL? You have no clue what so ever what this guys market value is/was. 

I understand that.

I was just giving my opinion, is that a problem?

I'm assuming we're done in FA now? I think we only have money left to sign draft picks or CHEAP FAs.

Most likely. We have around $10M based on the new contract averages.

11 million first year, I think we're done in FA

@mattbarrows

... for Jean Francois: four years, $22 million, $11 million in the first year. There's $8.5 million guaranteed; $6.5 fully guaranteed.

Oh yea. we're definitely done now.

Andy 

I understand that.

I was just giving my opinion, is that a problem?

I am sure no one has a problem with your Opinion, What is getting under peoples skin.... You are arguing everyone else Opinion, you need to be able to accept them before you can give them

Addai is 29... So it's impossible that he's 30.

He was a more proven player and had more success than RJF. Two different cases that shouldn't be compared.

Plus, deals are only getting bigger as the years go on. 

Ok, Addai was a shot 28 yr old player at a low value position.

I mean the guy is a pure run stopper, and has only 5 games (starting) under his belt.

I understand he gets a good amount of playing time, but still, I think 5.5 a year is too much for a guy like this. 

Just my opinion. I would have put the cap at 3M for him.

Can I ask how your arrived at this arbitrary figure?

This is the most rational post in the forum's history.  You people are ridiculous.

My friends who are niners fans say other wise. They love him and wanted to keep him! So I'll take their word for it.

This board is straight up whack at times. darned if you do darned if you don't! Lol

2 more...my guess....I have been good so far.....exciting times.

Nobody mentions Conner's ability to defend the run....he and Francois...sounds pretty solid.....Angerer needs to get back to form....

I think more than 2. Irsay is a tease, but I'm thinking maybe 3-4. One "known" & 2-3 "unknown"

The Colts have done nothing but make improvements to this team in the last couple of days and we haven't even arrived at the draft yet.

I can't wait to see these guys hit training camp and start to gel with one another.

I have to say that all of these signings are quite promising.

Some of these guys are the up and comer types who are hungry to get a chance to start.  That is a VERY good thing.

This is much better than the day we signed Corey Simon who was out of shape and overweight when the Eagles cut him.

As I see it, Walden and Ricky are both guys hungry for a shot.  Now they have it.  And they are physical specimens to boot.  Cherilus is already pretty solid.  Toler was quite good in his days with AZ.  All of these contracts are sub 10 million, with the vast majority around 5/season.  If the cap number is 122, we can sign about 20 of these types of guys and fill out our roster.  Or, we can sign 10 Mike Wallace types who are no more a sure thing than what we've been doing.  All in all, I think every guy Grigson has signed is looking for a chance to start.  Wallace was looking for a pay day.  I think we're aiming for the right type of prospects, IMO.

EDIT: Just to clarify, when I say we can sign 20 of these types of guys, what I am getting at is we can have 20 guys account for most of our cap space, or we can have a mere 10 guys.  To me, I prefer a more well rounded roster.  We'll have rookies to fill out the rest every year, so if we can continue to build this way, I am all for it.

11 million first year, I think we're done in FA

... for Jean Francois: four years, $22 million, $11 million in the first year. There's $8.5 million guaranteed; $6.5 fully guaranteed.

Back track this is wrong,

Error on Ricky Jean Francois' contract numbers: He gets $11 million over the first TWO years; four-year deal is worth as much as $22 million

They signed him to a 4 year 22 million dollar deal.

Too much if you ask me. The guy isn't a sure fire starter and wasn't super impressive in SF.

Thoughts?

Bo don`t know football. He will start for your Colts till we can add a stud.

We were DESPERATE for a Player, so who did they miss out on that you are so sure about, and what was his price?