Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

its offical/Ricky Jean Francois Signs Big Deal with Colts (confirmed)(merge)

Tyler Shaw

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

$6.5 Million is fully guaranteed to RJF and some of you are acting like we just took on Flacco-type debt...unreal.

Yeah, it's ridiculous how some are acting. We have dramatically improved so far and will have a very good defense. 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - personal
Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - personal

I understand that.

I was just giving my opinion, is that a problem?

Yes, because you continue to share the same opinion over and over...honestly it gets tiring after awhile to see you complain about the same stuff over and over...especially since you are not a GM and do not have the knowledge that our GM does.

Dline is set for now:

Redd/Nevis-----McKinney/chapman-----Francois/moala

We are big and strong up front. Looks good to me. Not mad about the money because we have to offer SOMETHING to get players we want. Low ball and we'll lose out. This defense is looking good on paper. Now lets see what pags can do.

And to be honest, we're going to go offense with our first pick. We still have a hole at the guard position and could use a big receiver. Any defensive player we draft is going to sit.

This is my first post, but I have been reading all the posts on here for a couple of seasons. I think it's hilarious how many bandwagon fans there happen to be on here. First you act like all the money spent on the players comes from your own pocket, I read "I don't feel comfortable giving this guy ______ amount of money". Seriously people, did Grigson just not takes us from worst team to the playoffs in one year? Yet I see people calling his moves horrible. All I heard last offseason was people belittle the team because all of the guys we let go of...now they are becoming one of the teams to beat and we have not even drafted yet! Sit back and enjoy instead of pretending this is your own fantasy team.

Bo don`t know football. He will start for your Colts till we can add a stud.

We were DESPERATE for a Player, so who did they miss out on that you are so sure about, and what was his price?

He isn't a sure fire starter...

Like I don't know if I can put it any clearer. Is he the favourite going into training camp? That's another story. 

Based on the people in his FA class, his production and the need on the Colts.

Hmmm...

Andy, for a journalist, once again I expect more from you.

You are ignoring so many factors that come into play here, most of which are beyond our scope of measurement.

People is his FA class are irrelevant... people in his FA class that are of the same position, and are equivalent scheme fits, are more relevant, and were few and far between in this class.

You have absolutely no knowledge of how many teams were in for him, and how serious each team were about him.

There is little correlation between talent and salary when it comes to free agency, it comes down to market value and the negotiations between the men around the table that we are not privy to. So throwing out this arbitrary $3million cap when it is nothing more than a wild stab in the dark does not scream journalistic integrity to me.

As for production... Grigson made it explicitly clear that past production was not a measurement of what players he goes after, but rather what they are capable of.

And as for the needs of the Colts... DE was not a need??? Good lord.

This is my first post, but I have been reading all the posts on here for a couple of seasons. I think it's hilarious how many bandwagon fans there happen to be on here. First you act like all the money spent on the players comes from your own pocket, I read "I don't feel comfortable giving this guy ______ amount of money". Seriously people, did Grigson just not takes us from worst team to the playoffs in one year? Yet I see people calling his moves horrible. All I heard last offseason was people belittle the team because all of the guys we let go of...now they are becoming one of the teams to beat and we have not even drafted yet! Sit back and enjoy instead of pretending this is your own fantasy team.

Great first post.  Welcome :)

strong first post. be sure to buy something soft to bang your head on if you plan on sticking around

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - personal shot

Hmmm...

You are ignoring so many factors that come into play here, most of which are beyond our scope of measurement.

People is his FA class are irrelevant... people in his FA class that are of the same position, and are equivalent scheme fits, are more relevant, and were few and far between in this class.

You have absolutely no knowledge of how many teams were in for him, and how serious each team were about him.

There is little correlation between talent and salary when it comes to free agency, it comes down to market value and the negotiations between the men around the table that we are not privy to. So throwing out this arbitrary $3million cap when it is nothing more than a wild stab in the dark does not scream journalistic integrity to me.

As for production... Grigson made it explicitly clear that past production was not a measurement of what players he goes after, but rather what they are capable of.

journalist? lmao

Dline is set for now:

Redd/Nevis-----McKinney/chapman-----Francois/moala

We are big and strong up front. Looks good to me. Not mad about the money because we have to offer SOMETHING to get players we want. Low ball and we'll lose out. This defense is looking good on paper. Now lets see what pags can do.

And to be honest, we're going to go offense with our first pick. We still have a hole at the guard position and could use a big receiver. Any defensive player we draft is going to sit.

I wouldn't call that "set". But it's a good start. Moala is good for depth, Francois still has a lot to prove with only 33 career tackles, McKinney is a depth guy, Chapman has never played a down in the NFL, Nevis has struggled, Redding is great but injury prone and on the wrong side of 30. I'm still hoping to draft a D-lineman in April.

Hmmm...

People is his FA class are irrelevant... people in his FA class that are of the same position, and are equivalent scheme fits, are more relevant, and were few and far between in this class.

Good post Anton and I agree with you completely. 

Hmmm...

Also, to answer the question of how many teams were interested in him, we have:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150830/article/ricky-jeanfrancois-draws-starters-money-from-colts

Among the those reported to be hot on Jean-Francois' trail --as many as 10 teams -- were the Green Bay Packers,Tennessee TitansPhiladelphia Eagles and New Orleans Saints.

Another interesting tidbit from that article:

While Jean-Francois saw his stock rise because he was the only free agent capable of playing all three defensive line positions in a 3-4 scheme,

Edited by Nadine
personal shot

Hmmm...

When I said his FA class, I meant the people playing the same position. Obviously I wasn't comparing him to Wallace or Goldson. 

Just my opinion for the salary number. Didn't think people would take that too harshly. 

DE is a big need, I never said it wasn't.

I did a lot of studying on this guy (like a journalist should), and I know this guy extremely well. I don't know what you mean when you expect more from me. I did what a journalist should do here. 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - quoting removed post

journalist? lmao

Yeah, Montreal Gazette (600,000 daily readers), Yardbarker, and many websites including mine, with approximetely 1500 viewers a day.

I think you can call me a journalist. Why? Because you don't agree with some of the things I say? If that's your logic, than Skip Bayless isn't a journalist. But he is and a darn good one too (although his theories are crazy). 

I concur with Jason and Jvan!  Good solid first post...go Colts!

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - quoting removed post

Yeah, Montreal Gazette (600,000 daily readers), Yardbarker, and many websites including mine, with approximetely 1500 viewers a day.

I think you can call me a journalist. Why? Because you don't agree with some of the things I say. If that's your logic, than Skip Bayless isn't a journalist. But he is and a darn good one too (although his theories are crazy). 

Wow...Don't ever put Skip Bayless' name in the same sentence as "Darn Good"

In something completely unrelated to his talent/contract here's something we can look forward to! I'm sure you have seen this already, but incase you haven't...

Pretty funny. Big guy with big personality. Can't wait for him to help BUILD THE MONSTER!!!!

Wow...Don't ever put Skip Bayless' name in the same sentence as "Darn Good"

I and a lot of people disagree with what he says and his theory, but the point is, he's been in journalism for 35 years and is famous in Texas.

He's a good journalist. Just has some crazy theories and thoughts. Probably because ESPN has their hand up his you know what.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - personal argument

I think you can call me a journalist. Why? Because you don't agree with some of the things I say. If that's your logic, than Skip Bayless isn't a journalist. But he is and a darn good one too (although his theories are crazy).

Wouldn't question your profession, you never knock the way a man eats. Ill just conclude that you (and a Few others) are our resident party poopers.

No Offense intended, its actually a good thing. Keeps the forum balanced. So you just go right ahead and poop your heart out.

Wouldn't question your profession, you never knock the way a man eats. Ill just conclude that you (and a Few others) are our resident party poopers.

No Offense intended, its actually a good thing. Keeps the forum balanced. So you just go right ahead and poop your heart out.

I'm not a party pooper, I'm just not a huge fan of this deal. Is there a problem with that?

I think Grigson has done an absolutely amazing job this FA and just in general. The Colts are looking stacked going into next season. 

I think you can call me a journalist. Why? Because you don't agree with some of the things I say? If that's your logic, than Skip Bayless isn't a journalist. But he is and a darn good one too (although his theories are crazy).

Please link to any article you wrote for the Montreal Gazzette.

In something completely unrelated to his talent/contract here's something we can look forward to! I'm sure you have seen this already, but incase you haven't...

Pretty funny. Big guy with big personality. Can't wait for him to help BUILD THE MONSTER!!!!

I hadn't seen that, hopefully he caries on the tradition here. I'm at camp every yr. so we'll see.

That takes some stamina for a guy that big to move that fast. Cannot wait for the RJF vs Robert Mathis dance-off!

It's barely over 5 mil for crying out loud. This forum is getting comical with the feeding frenzy of whiny complaintents. One person says something bad and here come the sharks. This is a good signing and will help our D. I can't wait till next season when all these guys pan out and all the whiners are here acting like they knew it all along. Good grief!!!

you mean to tell me all these sharks, that complain about every signing we have made don't have executive of the year trophies?

Didn't think the signing was a must.

Definitely didn't want to overpay for the guy and that's what the Colts did. Not exactly thrilled with this signing.

You cant always expect to get who yo want dirt cheap? We didn't pay him rediculiuosly high. Yes The numbers might be a little high but you gotta be willing to pay a little for what you want especially when there is competition. I think only 8 mil or something close to that guaranteed. Plus there is a thing called incentive that goes along with it. I don't think were cutting our throats hete

you mean to tell me all these sharks, that complain about every signing we have made don't have executive of the year trophies?

They must have them hidden in a closet somewhere, because they sure act like they know more than guy's that have been doing this stuff for yrs..

Just saw this - http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Micd-Up-Ricky-Jean-Francois/b382fdb8-c80b-4d6f-b345-193c0aef3ec6

And the thing I like about him is he never looked stopped by 1 man, he looked like he was taking 2 guys and sometimes 3, that's what we need.

I feel like him on the line with Chapman and Moala will create holes for Mathis to get in.

The good news in this deal is that RJF can only help this team. That's one positive I see in this.

This is the funniest post I've ever read. His only positive is he improves the team? What was Grigson thinking?!

Bleacher report gets tons of views but I wouldn't print one of their articles to wipe with.