Worst in no particular order

1.Hangs onto the ball to long

2.Accuracy has been a problem

3.He is still learning to pick up the blitz

Good

1.Seems to remain cool under pressure

2.Picks up things quickly

3.Tough as nails

4.Never quits on a play whether he makes a bad throw or he is under alot of pressure

That's kind of the OL's job.

Now he has to block for himself, too?

Its his job as much is it is theres to see the blitz coming, O linemen cant block everybody all the time, if one of his O Linemen does not pick it up then he needs to point out the blitzer so his O Lineman sees him or Luck needs to get rid of the ball quicker preferably audibling out of a play and calling for a quick pass route or throwing to a hot route to get rid of the ball. Its a team game.

Best

- clutch when the chips are down

- strong and athletic, ocan escape pressure ( I see his sack numbers being very low IF he gets a half decent line)

- intelligence. I can see his playbook and line of scrimage mastery becomng epic

Worst

- holds onto the ball to long. Needs to learn a punt is not the end of the world (I'm sure he knows that, however....)

- accuaracy, although not sure if this is down to the team he has to release

- decision making. Frequently took the wrong option

There is no guarantee that he will improve on his best attributes, or address his worst, but my money is on him doing so. To me, his 'clutchness' is the most exciting and most valuable, providing he grows in line with his first year performances.

Good times ahead.

Best

1. QB / schematic intelligence

2. Big, strong and athletic for his position. Durable.

3. Accountable for his mistakes....yet he doesn't wallow in them during the game.

Worst

1. Needs to throw the ball away, take a sack or run for available yardage (and slide!) when the pass play is just not there.

2. Arc his deep passes more....let Hilton and Avery use their speed to run under them.

3. Keep a little closer eye on defensive substitutions...we could have forced up a few more "too many men" penalties this season.

Loving the best and worst!

I think another best for me is the work he puts in to not repeat his mistakes. And you can tell be just enjoys being out there and playing with the team.

For those reasons along I look for his weaknesses to improve drasticlly. Going to be a long off season ;( lol

Best: Unlike his predecessor he doesn't have happy feet. He relishes playing in your face he-man tackle football.

Worst: Unlike his predecessor he doesn't have happy feet and will have a short career unless the OL is much better than it has been for the past 15 years.

Loving the best and worst!

I think another best for me is the work he puts in to not repeat his mistakes. And you can tell be just enjoys being out there and playing with the team.

For those reasons along I look for his weaknesses to improve drasticlly. Going to be a long off season ;( lol

Long....yet fun with all of the new faces....some good FAs coming in, the draft...continuing the architecture of the MONSTER!!!!  Go  :colts:  :colts:  :colts: !!!

BEST:

1. Pocket Presence

2. Extended Plays for big gains

3. Intelligence

4. Ability to shake off int's when he throws them

5. Having the numbers he had this year behind that horrible oline

6. That hard count he perfected vs the Texans

7. The neck beard haha

NEGATIVES:

1. Extended plays for bad plays (Sacks, Fumbles, Interceptions)

2. Stare downs with WR's

3. Trying to do too much instead of throwing it away

What do you think Andrew's best / worse 3 attributes are as QB? We probably all know these, but with the danger of this place becoming a Manning battle ground, thought it might be good to focus on Colts football...

Looks like my Colts friends know their LUCK!  Good job guys!!!!   :thmup: I do not have much to add.  I will say once again we need more designed roll-outs and no huddle.....Luck is as accurate throwing on the run as any QB I have seen....better than in the pocket...a truly incredible athlete!!!!!!!  :)

What made Peyton grow to become a great player was his work ethic and study ethic. Although Andrew Luck had a good season, an objective analysis of Luck's rookie year shows that he must do a lot of work to improve.

Here are his standings by stats (among all NFL QBs)/(among all rookie QBs):

QB Rating: 26th/4th (behind RG3, RW, NF)

Compl Pct: 31st/6th (behind RG3, RW, NF, RT, BW)

INT: T-2nd Most/Most (behind RG3, RW, NF, RT, BW)

Fum Lost: T-5th Most/Most (behind RG3, RW, NF, RT, BW)

Yds/Att: 26th/3rd (behind RG3, RW)

Overall, I feel he is a good quarterback and with hard work and study, he could be really good.

He has some mechanics issues on release causing his inaccuracy.  I can't pin down the arm/wrist/hand inconsistencies, but he often throws too high and this is commonly caused by too long of a stride while throwing.  Additionally, he should work on his arm strength throwing short to medium passes to make more laser throws instead of rainbows.  This can be a cause of INTs in the much quicker DB NFL.

Lastly, getting in the habit of dumping the ball vs taking the critical sack can reduce fumbles and untimely big yardage losses.

Work hard in the offseason Andrew on yourself (and in timing drills with your receivers) and you can be a great one!

What made Peyton grow to become a great player was his work ethic and study ethic. Although Andrew Luck had a good season, an objective analysis of Luck's rookie year shows that he must do a lot of work to improve.

Here are his standings by stats (among all NFL QBs)/(among all rookie QBs):

QB Rating: 26th/4th (behind RG3, RW, NF)

Compl Pct: 31st/6th (behind RG3, RW, NF, RT, BW)

INT: T-2nd Most/Most (behind RG3, RW, NF, RT, BW)

Fum Lost: T-5th Most/Most (behind RG3, RW, NF, RT, BW)

Yds/Att: 26th/3rd (behind RG3, RW)

Overall, I feel he is a good quarterback and with hard work and study, he could be really good.

He has some mechanics issues on release causing his inaccuracy.  I can't pin down the arm/wrist/hand inconsistencies, but he often throws too high and this is commonly caused by too long of a stride while throwing.  Additionally, he should work on his arm strength throwing short to medium passes to make more laser throws instead of rainbows.  This can be a cause of INTs in the much quicker DB NFL.

Lastly, getting in the habit of dumping the ball vs taking the critical sack can reduce fumbles and untimely big yardage losses.

Work hard in the offseason Andrew on yourself (and in timing drills with your receivers) and you can be a great one!

When can we expect the statistic review of where he excelled in? Later today? And are we having a section on some of the reasons for the above 'stats'?

I prefer to look at both sides when analysing such things. Maybe I'm being overly fussy though....

When can we expect the statistic review of where he excelled in? Later today? And are we having a section on some of the reasons for the above 'stats'?

I prefer to look at both sides when analysing such things. Maybe I'm being overly fussy though....

Fair question.  Forgive me for appearing to be one-sided.  Here are some of the more glowing stats:

Att: 5th/1st

Compl: 10th/1st

TD 14th/2nd (RW)

Rush Att: 5th/3rd (RG3, RW)

Rush Yds: 8th/3rd (RG3, RW)

Rush TD: 4th/2nd (RG3)

He is a good leader   He has had a less than stellar O-line and has done very well in dealing with it.  He is very tough.  He takes hits well.  He is a hard-nosed competitor and stays focused for 60 minutes, no matter what the score.  

As I mentioned, I thought overall he a had a good year.  With hard work and study he can be a great one.  Thanks for the reply.

Fair question.  Forgive me for appearing to be one-sided.  Here are some of the more glowing stats:

Att: 5th/1st

Compl: 10th/1st

TD 14th/2nd (RW)

Rush Att: 5th/3rd (RG3, RW)

Rush Yds: 8th/3rd (RG3, RW)

Rush TD: 4th/2nd (RG3)

He is a good leader   He has had a less than stellar O-line and has done very well in dealing with it.  He is very tough.  He takes hits well.  He is a hard-nosed competitor and stays focused for 60 minutes, no matter what the score.  

As I mentioned, I thought overall he a had a good year.  With hard work and study he can be a great one.  Thanks for the reply.

No need to thank me for the reply...! Very kind. Welcome to the board though....hope you stay. Strange user name!

Other stats I was thinking about was: wins, comeback drives, yards, 300 yard games, most yards in one game (rookie), 3rd down (esp 3rd and long) and completions with a defender handing onto him (j/k)....

Agree that he has a big future in this game....cheers

No need to thank me for the reply...! Very kind. Welcome to the board though....hope you stay. Strange user name!

Other stats I was thinking about was: wins, comeback drives, yards, 300 yard games, most yards in one game (rookie), 3rd down (esp 3rd and long) and completions with a defender handing onto him (j/k)....

Agree that he has a big future in this game....cheers

Thanks.  

User name is derived from the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI).  Millions globally are dedicated to this and it is a powerful tool used by many companies, institutions, etc for staff hiring, and team development.   It analyzes personality types based on psychological science.   See this link:

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/portraits.html

I am an INTP.  The INTP is a problem-solver/trouble-shooter, who focuses most on patterns and processes to solve problems.  Hence, as an INTP, I was not focused on intangibles such as you just mentioned in your reply.

- off the computer and on to football today...see ya next time

best

1) he makes so many clutch, downfield throws when you need them. Difficult throws, he is Fearless.

2) while getting clubed, battered, grabed, yanked and pulled on he stands in there like a Hercules. It is Awesome.

3) his mental attitude. A grown up, humble, Teammate.

worst

1) Guessing he surely threw 400-450 balls behind his receivers, a 'part' of so many so called drops, strengthen the arm, tighten the spiral Please.

2) serious man love for Reggies Hands. Were talking ftball here Men! OL' Reg was making big plays to the bitter end wasn`t he.

3) I trust BA when he said he was trying to get Andrew to go underneath more. Andrew is not good at quick reaction accurate short passes. Note the throw to Reggie down by the goal line against Ravens. 10 yard pass way off. Practice ... ...

I am to understand Aaron Rodgers throwing motion was totally revamped while he sat on the packs Bench.

Andrew will improve over the next few years and we have every reason to believe he wil be AweSomer!

Can`t help myself, I do apologize, $tat$ said he audibled to a run on 3rd and 7, not his OC. Last night.

NOT a too conservative FOX! Interesting I thought. Go Blue, Go Colts!

He had plenty to improve, as do all rookies, but I will say one thing.

I don't feel like Andrew has an accuracy problem as much as he does a placement and timing problem.

Before I sound contradictory, what I mean is that clearly Luck can make all the throws, he can hit tight windows, and he can put touch on the ball. So it's not like he is an inaccurate passer at his core. Something he struggled with this season, I feel, is the speed of the game, and having to make adjustments when he didn't have a clean pocket.

Not making excuses or anything for him though. He needs to work on those things, I just feel like in a few years from now the words "Andrew Luck" and "inaccurate" won't be associated with each other.

Worst:

1.    Goes to the well too often.   Too reliant on Reggie and certain plays (quick slant)  Too predictable.

2.    Staring down receivers.  Did it more with Colts than he did at Stanford.

3.    Arm strength.   Wish he had a bit more on his fastball.

Best:

1.   Brains/Leadership/Poise.

2.   Underrated athleticism.

3.   Ability to forget bad play (his, or teammate) and move on.

I'll let you all hash out the stats and serious stuff, here's my lighter take:

Best-

1. Stone cold assassin in the clutch

2. Is probably stronger/as strong as some of the Colts LBs

3. THIS: http://youtu.be/pFbqCrTzdzs

dude is a player with balls of steel, watch the replays....unreal!

Worst-

1. Style of dress- Man, dude needs a stylist! One press conference, he's wearing a mustard/gold herringbone sport coat over a messy blue oxford. He looked like a TA for a professor! On a more serious note, I really could care less as long as he plays well, lol.

2. He's so "wise beyond his years", that I feel dumb listening to him, and I am a 33 year old college grad!

3. The beard....Not a fan. I liked the goatee in the end of season interview. Much better look.

All in all, these were just for fun. I am glad to have him as a Colt!

Keep in mind most rookie QBs make a huge leap between their rookie and 2nd years (see Peyton for one)....Luck did it at Stanford from his first year as starter to his junior year....With his work ethic, look for the rookie stuff to be cleaned up and his game to progress.

Best:

Hard as nails

Doesn't let bad play effect him

Incredibly Smart

Throws very well on the run

Looks slow, but he covers ground quickly when running

Worst:

Stares down receivers

Forces throws that sail on him / overthrows

Playing on the road

I can't fault him too hard. He did an amazing job for being a rookie.

Best:

Hard as nails

Doesn't let bad play effect him

Incredibly Smart

Throws very well on the run

Looks slow, but he covers ground quickly when running

Worst:

Stares down receivers

Forces throws that sail on him / overthrows

Playing on the road

I can't fault him too hard. He did an amazing job for being a rookie.

I cannot get over how seemingly easy it is for number 12 to shrug off the big boys.....he is strong....and tough.....good tackling technique as well!!!  haha  

I'm just going to list the negatives, I don't want to think of every one of his best attributes, I'm lazy.

* some of these may disappear with a better line *

- holds on to the ball too long*

- somewhat inconsistent with accuracy*

- he looks off defenders BUT he still stares down receivers at times

- he can be risky with the football, trying to throw away the ball or make a pass as he's getting sacked. He's made it work

several times but it can lead to outcomes where we're praying for "the tuck rule".*

-sometimes he's a little too hesitant to run the ball himself and just take what the defense is giving him.

Best -  He's good looking !!!  

well he is  LOL

Ok ok hmmm let me think:

- Great clutch player

- Doesn't let  his mistakes get to him

- Able to throw well on the run and shrug off tacklers at the same time

Worst:

- holds on to the ball too long

- tries to force throws sometimes

- Accuracy with some throws (but I think that will improve with a better O-line)

He's still quite good looking !!!  LOL

Good:

Clutch

Has Legs

Can stop a tackle

Smart

Good Looking :cheer2::D

Bad:

Needs to learn to throw it away

Pick up on Blitzs and do better with the quick slants

The neck beard (a little scruff is fine)

The stash or thing he was growing in post season interviews

Choice of outfits

Holds on too the BALL too long.......

wth, dude is  rookie...     .. 

INDY is set.   ...     

What do you think Andrew's best / worse 3 attributes are as QB? We probably all know these, but with the danger of this place becoming a Manning battle ground, thought it might be good to focus on Colts football...

Best -  He's good looking !!!  

well he is  LOL

Ok ok hmmm let me think:

- Great clutch player

- Doesn't let  his mistakes get to him

- Able to throw well on the run and shrug off tacklers at the same time

Worst:

- holds on to the ball too long

- tries to force throws sometimes

- Accuracy with some throws (but I think that will improve with a better O-line)

He's still quite good looking !!!  LOL

He had plenty to improve, as do all rookies, but I will say one thing.

I don't feel like Andrew has an accuracy problem as much as he does a placement and timing problem.

Before I sound contradictory, what I mean is that clearly Luck can make all the throws, he can hit tight windows, and he can put touch on the ball. So it's not like he is an inaccurate passer at his core. Something he struggled with this season, I feel, is the speed of the game, and having to make adjustments when he didn't have a clean pocket.

Not making excuses or anything for him though. He needs to work on those things, I just feel like in a few years from now the words "Andrew Luck" and "inaccurate" won't be associated with each other.

Well, it is still an accuracy problem but you're certainly right that it's the "good" kind of accuracy problem.  He's capable of putting the ball on a spot and in tight windows but he has been generally inconsistent and a lot of that seems to stem from his lower body mechanics.  It's the kind of thing that I don't even anticipate requiring much coaching to fix, honestly.  As he gets more comfortable with the speed of the game and begins to play with a more relaxed demeanor in the pocket (hopefully with some better blocking) it should work itself out.

Not gonna bother with a list of my own because Gavin pretty much nailed it.