Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

we just beat the best team in the nfc.....

needanoline63

Reggie was outstanding today but man did GB drop the ball. Please, they aren't even top 5 at this point, as many of you pointed out in the pre-game threads, GB is not the team it was last year, they could be beat. They should feel awful, really.

This is what Merrill Hoge was talking about when he said "Indianapolis Colts will surprise some teams" people laughed when he said but I was saying this before he did. This is just 1 team on our surprise win list. More to come. Bring on the Jets and Sanchez or Tebow

It may take a while, but these guys are going to be special.

This team success is based on the development (and success) of Andrew Luck.

He seems to be doing well early, so the wins and positive games could be coming sooner than many of us think.

Reggie was outstanding today but man did GB drop the ball. Please, they aren't even top 5 at this point, as many of you pointed out in the pre-game threads, GB is not the team it was last year, they could be beat. They should feel awful, really.

Agreed sir fellow afc south brother ;)

I wouldn't say best team, but they are very good.

Falcons are better.

Falcons may be better...

And so are the 49ers....

And you can make an argument for the Giants too...

I like Green Bay. I'm very impressed with our win. But I don't think the Packers are the best team in the NFC. At least, not right now they're not. Among the best, yes. But **the** best? Not now. Lets check back on them in December...

We caught GB at a perfect time. We had HUGE motivation from Chuck's situation, coming off a bye so we had tons of preparation, and played a flat team that has an identity problem without their best wr. Everyone knows that GB's defense is almost as bad as ours. They have Mathews and that is it. They can't run the ball and this shows you what happens when you are one deminsional. NY, ATL, SF, ARZ, and PHI are all better than them (right now). Yes they are a playoff caliber team with tons of potential but it is clear they have struggled ALL year. One game doesn't mean a whole lot. Its a great win but we also lost to the Jags who aren't that good either. We could have very very easily got blown out 41-10 today if the Packers would have executed in the second half. We came out with a lot of heart but remember we were down 21-3. I reckon that few teams we are going to beat after that much less GB so we are very fortunate. If we had a second half like we did against Minny, CHI, and Jac against them we would have gotten trounched. We played hard and earned a win...but it was an epic collapse by GB.

it just feels right

No, we beat a really good NFC team that didnt have their best reciever playing. I am not Debbie Downer here. Lets just not get to excited about this. It was great for the franchise, and good for the players. Great for the fans who wanted this so much. But, this Packers team is going to be great by the end of the year. I hope we can keep getting better.

No, we beat a really good NFC team that didnt have their best reciever playing. I am not Debbie Downer here. Lets just not get to excited about this. It was great for the franchise, and good for the players. Great for the fans who wanted this so much. But, this Packers team is going to be great by the end of the year. I hope we can keep getting better.

I understand what you are saying but, lets also not forget that their other recievers matched up better to our secondary minus powers.

Whoa....stop the train folks. The same people on here pretty much all predicting the Packers would blow us out are now crowing that the Packers aren't even that good a team. STOP IT. It's hypocritical, and ridiculous. The Pack have a TON of talent. This team played the game of its lives today and barely pulled out the W. The Pack might be going through some struggles, but let's not forget they are still one of the most talented teams in the NFC. I am as proud as anyone that we won today! Don't get me wrong. But stop burying the Packers. They may well turn things around....Remember they put the hurt on the Bears the week after we got smoked. So let's all calm down and celebrate a win against a top level NFL team, one that nearly NO ONE gave us a snowball's chance in heck of beating.

If you want to go on what we "should" be we should be 2-2. We should have beat the Jags and lost to the Packers. Both games are proof football doesn't follow a script.

Not really. We gave away the Jags game, in more ways than one. The Packers got dominated in the second half today, bot just off of two fluke plays for touchdowns.

Not really. We gave away the Jags game, in more ways than one. The Packers got dominated in the second half today, bot just off of two fluke plays for touchdowns.

Or we didn't make enough plays to win the Jags game. The defense almost did it again today the kicker missed the kick so it was today that the Packers that didn't make enough plays to win.

Or we didn't make enough plays to win the Jags game. The defense almost did it again today the kicker missed the kick so it was today that the Packers that didn't make enough plays to win.

It's different. We shut the Jags offense down outside of two big plays, and the biggest one came because of a missed assignment. Today, the Packers moved down the field with a really good quarterback and a really good offense, and we forced them to settle for a long field goal attempt.

I get what you're saying, but these were two different games. The Packers didn't give away this game today. We went and took it from them.

It's different. We shut the Jags offense down outside of two big plays, and the biggest one came because of a missed assignment. Today, the Packers moved down the field with a really good quarterback and a really good offense, and we forced them to settle for a long field goal attempt.

I get what you're saying, but these were two different games. The Packers didn't give away this game today. We went and took it from them.

It's not different the Jags made more plays than we did to win the game. I agree we took it form the Packers today but that's exactly what the Jags did to us two weeks ago. We were just on the other side of it today.

It's not different the Jags made more plays than we did to win the game. I agree we took it form the Packers today but that's exactly what the Jags did to us two weeks ago. We were just on the other side of it today.

I disagree. I don't think the Jags played well offensively, even in the second half. We did, aside from the pick, and that came in Packers territory if I remember correctly. The Jags won because we messed up on two defensive snaps. I don't think the Packers can say anything similar about today's game.

At the end of the day, we're 2-2, so it doesn't matter. But from my perspective, I think the way we won this game is completely different from the way the Jags beat us.