Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

we just beat the best team in the nfc.....

needanoline63

I disagree. I don't think the Jags played well offensively, even in the second half. We did, aside from the pick, and that came in Packers territory if I remember correctly. The Jags won because we messed up on two defensive snaps. I don't think the Packers can say anything similar about today's game.

At the end of the day, we're 2-2, so it doesn't matter. But from my perspective, I think the way we won this game is completely different from the way the Jags beat us.

They were running the ball down our throats all day say what you will but they out played us especially in the second half of that game which is why they got the W. There is nothing to say that the way the Jags had been moving the ball that they wouldn't have still had those drives in those games. Either way all in one play or a long drive it doesn't matter you still get points for it.

Two weeks ago we didn't make enough plays to win the game today we did. Hats off to the team. The main point I was getting at when I said we should be 2-2 is simply this. You can't go back and go well on paper we shouldn't have lost to the Jags because the counter to that is well on paper we shouldn't have beat the Packers. That's why I said football doesn't follow a script. As for what happened in the games I am sure the Packers feel like they should have made one if not both of those kicks today just like I am sure our defense feels like they should have stopped those two long plays two weeks ago. At the end of the day both teams did not so the teams that made more plays won the games.

Whether or not the packers are the best team in the NFC is completely irrelevant IMO. This is a team that went 15 and 1 last year. Not to mention they still have arguably the best QB in the league under center. All that matters is that we left it all on the field today and clawed our way to a win over a very very good, talented, veteran team. I think that 10 years from now after luck wins a super bowl or two, we will look back at this game as the true start of the luck era. Go colts.

If you want to go on what we "should" be we should be 2-2. We should have beat the Jags and lost to the Packers. Both games are proof football doesn't follow a script.

This.

You know in reality when most looked at the last two games they penciled us in for a probable win vs. the Jags. Then a likely loss vs. the Pack.

lmao

Thats why this sport rocks. But, I do think this team "grew up" a little bit too in the second half.

I wouldn't say best team.

Falcons are better.

Best team in the NFC?

Save that title for San Francisco, not GB, and definitely not ATL until they win a playoff game.

Falcons may be better...

And so are the 49ers....

And you can make an argument for the Giants too...

I like Green Bay. I'm very impressed with our win. But I don't think the Packers are the best team in the NFC. At least, not right now they're not. Among the best, yes. But **the** best? Not now. Lets check back on them in December...

Yes, the best team in the NFC also has a punch you in the mouth killer defense..."I left my heart in San Francisco" along with my spleen, a couple of broken legs, and a bloody nose. ;) haha:thmup:

Yes, the best team in the NFC also has a punch you in the mouth killer defense..."I left my heart in San Francisco" along with my spleen, a couple of broken legs, and a bloody nose. ;) haha:thmup:

I would have ignored people that didn't believe in SF last year, but they sure gave me some blues in the NFC Divisional Round. I just didn't expect them to show up and hold the Saints like they did. I'll gladly pay the price for over confidence on that one and give them credit where it's due. I'm also paying for calling Alex Smith a bust a few years back, but hey it's all good now :clap: I would pick Harbaugh to play for if I was a player in this league.

This offsets that Jacksonville loss and we are now squared at 2-2 after week five. I'll take it.

Offsets it? We should have won that game and if we had we would now be 3-1 and a bigger surprise than the Vikings - who we beat - crazy league where 'any given sunday' still holds true!

I would have ignored people that didn't believe in SF last year, but they sure gave me some blues in the NFC Divisional Round. I just didn't expect them to show up and hold the Saints like they did. I'll gladly pay the price for over confidence on that one and give them credit where it's due. I'm also paying for calling Alex Smith a bust a few years back, but hey it's all good now :clap: I would pick Harbaugh to play for if I was a player in this league.

That makes 2 of us Bogie. I thought Alex Smith was a bust too and no one saw the Saints getting knocked off last season. It was the 49ers smash mouth coming out party. No doubt about it. Jim Harbaugh is a good coach, but I also really respect Bill Belichick, Mike Tomlin, and Tom Coughlin too.

Packers are led by last season's MVP. For years, the Colts were also a largely over-achieving team, led by an MVP QB in Peyton Manning. A great QB, as we have seen, can mean the difference. Rogers by all accounts is a great QB. So, regardless this was a good win.

Offsets it? We should have won that game and if we had we would now be 3-1 and a bigger surprise than the Vikings - who we beat - crazy league where 'any given sunday' still holds true!

The point is that beforehand most predicted the Colts to beat the Jags and lose to Green Bay. Instead we lost to the Jags and beat Green Bay. The bad loss to the jags was neutralized or offset by the improbable win against the Packers. So we are 2-2 anyway.

But I get what you're saying about the Jags game being blown. Still you can't assume that we would have still beaten the Packers if we had beaten Jax. The bad loss to Jax before the bye week put the Colts in a more desperate situation and very well could have added to the motivation needed to come out on top yesterday. In addition to the ChuckStrong inspiration of course.