Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have Signed Former Eagles LB Najee Goode

TKnight24

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Building up that ST/depth, good.

Not even that, also has a chance to start. Our LB core isn’t exactly the best. He’s 28, not too old. Definitely has a shot at starting or being a good contributor 

I like the signing 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Not even that, also has a chance to start. Our LB core isn’t exactly the best. He’s 28, not too old. Definitely has a shot at starting or being a good contributor 

I like the signing 

Yeah, at the very least he'll be part of the rotation. This circles back to our conversation earlier about LB's in the draft, hopefully we pick up a starter through there and hopefully Walker picks things up.

3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah he definitely has a chance. At the very least he'll probably part of the rotation. This circles back to our conversation earlier about LB's in the draft, hopefully we pick up a starter through there and hopefully Walker picks things up.

Well, Chris Ballard has proven he’s a man of his word thus far. He said he wants a minimum of 3 LB’s in this draft so I’d imagine we’re definitely in for some new faces in the front 7

• Like 1

Once again, I like the pick up. You get a statistically good special teams man, and a linebacker the Eagles thought enough of to start him in a divisional championship. He'll never be Lawrence Taylor but then again, who is? At his age linebackers continue to improve in many cases. The Colts will get their money's worth, I'd bet.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

I like the signing 

I'm happy with the signing...   special teams aces are always good to have.

But if Najee Goode winds up starting for the Colts, odds are that means we've either suffered many injuries....   or we've had a bad, BAD off-season.   He's played SIX seasons and has FOUR starts.  That says special teams.   It doesn't say promising starter.

Sorry.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bleevit said:

One other thing, I think this signing indicates that CB doesn't envision having access to 1st round talent at linebacker. Najee Goode possibly approximates 2nd round talent, and Reich knows the young man.

The Goode signing has nothing to do with the draft.   Goode is a special teams ace.  If Ballard wants a linebacker he has all the resources he'd ever want or need to draft as many as he wants. 

Goode has FOUR career starts in SIX years.   How does that equate to 2nd round value?   He wasn't a top-100 free agent for anyone.    Goode makes his living on STs.

There's are no dots to connect here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm happy with the signing...   special teams aces are always good to have.

But if Najee Goode winds up starting for the Colts, odds are that means we've either suffered many injuries....   or we've had a bad, BAD off-season.   He's played SIX seasons and has FOUR starts.  That says special teams.   It doesn't say promising starter.

Sorry.

Colts are usually know for injuries. While I hope that’s no longer the case, wouldn’t be surprised if he’s starting week 5 cause one of the LB blew their knee out getting a slice of pizza :sigh:

10 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Back up and special teams filler.  Yawn...is it time for the draft yet?  Wake me when we try to add some actual play makers to this roster.

EVERY signing is important to building a roster. A special teams stud is a potential play maker.

Go nack and hibernate if you're going to be so laissez faire about the team instead of poo pooing on every move that doesn't agree with you!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Goode signing has nothing to do with the draft.   Goode is a special teams ace.  If Ballard wants a linebacker he has all the resources he'd ever want or need to draft as many as he wants. 

Goode has FOUR career starts in SIX years.   How does that equate to 2nd round value?   He wasn't a top-100 free agent for anyone.    Goode makes his living on STs.

Everything has to do with the draft. Whatever his draft value ends up, my 2nd round value was based on continued improvement as I stated. Any hole that gets filled allows Ballard more flexibility moving forward. Regarding dots to connect, contrary to your overstated opinion, they are everywhere when selecting personnel.

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Spot on, I’m ok with a ST signing just want others to understand he has zero chance to be anything else.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

EVERY signing is important to building a roster. A special teams stud is a potential play maker.

Go nack and hibernate if you're going to be so laissez faire about the team instead of poo pooing on every move that doesn't agree with you!

Point taken.  People know I like to needle the team a little...I was only half serious.  That said...this guy is probably a solid addition but special teams "ace" and "stud" might not be the most accurate way to describe the addition. 42 special teams tackles in six seasons isn't a special teams stud to me.   Still he should provide solid depth with the occasional play here and there on special teams.  Nothing wrong with that but these type of signings aren't going to be what puts this team over.  For me...watching Ballard operate in free agency is just passing time till the main event...the draft.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Too late...Colts woke me out of my slumber by doing something. lol

I was just poking at the Colts a little but any player who does this against the Pats is alright in my book.  So welcome aboard.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2-8RHEMLr8

Yes I must admit I like seeing that 'look' on Belichick's face. :D

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

42 special teams tackles in six seasons isn't a special teams stud to me.   Still he should provide solid depth with the occasional play here and there on special teams. 

Meh, tackles aren't the only way to make plays on special teams. Back in like 2013-2014 I seem to remember Sergio Brown being a decent ST playmaker for the Colts. However, his calling card always seemed to be downing Macaffees punts helping pin opponents deep. While those type of plays don't get exhibited in stat lines, they can be huge momentum changers...

Anyways, lets hope Najee can be a positive contributor!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, bleevit said:

Everything has to do with the draft. Whatever his draft value ends up, my 2nd round value was based on continued improvement as I stated. Any hole that gets filled allows Ballard more flexibility moving forward. Regarding dots to connect, contrary to your overstated opinion, they are everywhere when selecting personnel.

The only hole that's getting filled with the Goode signing is Special Teams and roster depth.    

As as I noted in another post four starts in six years doesn't say starter.   It says roster depth.

Nothing that was done today changes anything about the draft.   Ballard could take Edmunds or Smith in the first if he wanted.   There are other candidates in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Dont get * with me because you boldly told everyone how little you know.   There were a good number of other posters who said what I said too.    Your mistake isn't my fault.   I simply corrected you.    That's what happens in message boards.    Learn to deal with it.