Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kravitz: Might Jim Irsay run Andrew Luck out of Indianapolis with his intemperate remarks?

Everyone

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, wow..... having read the whole article now, Jim has said nothing out of the ordinary, seems supportive of Luck, this feels like a whole lot of nothing but sensationalist spin-doctoring......  I mean, if the quotes in that story have hurt Luck so deeply he might want out, or can't repair the relationship with his boss..... then we had the wrong guy at QB all along, not saying that is the case at all.... but we'd need a new guy anyway if that were the case....

7 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

ok, wow..... having read the whole article now, Jim has said nothing out of the ordinary, seems supportive of Luck, this feels like a whole lot of nothing but sensationalist spin-doctoring......  I mean, if the quotes in that story have hurt Luck so deeply he might want out, or can't repair the relationship with his boss..... then we had the wrong guy at QB all along, not saying that is the case at all.... but we'd need a new guy anyway if that were the case....

Yeah, I dont think Luck would be upset with that, I also don't think Irsay should be acting as though it's all in Lucks head.  If it is all mental though that's a big problem.

Just now, Everyone said:

Yeah, I dont think Luck would be upset with that, I also don't think Irsay should be acting as though it's all in Lucks head.

Irsay alluded to Luck also needing confidence, and unwavering faith in the support of the franchise, and knowing deep down that Andrew's personal rubber stamp of "I'm ready" was the most important..... sounds pretty fair to me overall....

The thing that strikes me about this piece is that it's all coming from Dungy.  I don't think he thought he was on air but he has now put the Colts in a bad spot.

The piece even includes the video clip (re: Dungy).

This is not good.  There's no way to spin this into a positive. 

This game from dungy, who didn't know he was on air. There is zero reason to doubt the authenticity of irsays comments.

I believe it's in lucks head, in the sense that he's thinking this through and doesn't want to play behind the worst o-line in the nfl for the past 3 years running and for the foreseeable future.

3 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

This game from dungy, who didn't know he was on air. There is zero reason to doubt the authenticity of irsays comments.

I believe it's in lucks head, in the sense that he's thinking this through and doesn't want to play behind the worst o-line in the nfl for the past 3 years running and for the foreseeable future.

I was just thinking. It doesn't sound like a self confidence problem, it sounds like a rational response to what Andrew's been through here.  Why would he have confidence?

He's literally been physically injured here.  We have to do more that work on his confidence to be sure.  

24 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Irsay alluded to Luck also needing confidence, and unwavering faith in the support of the franchise, and knowing deep down that Andrew's personal rubber stamp of "I'm ready" was the most important..... sounds pretty fair to me overall....

Read the article and it's obvious Kravitz is not a big fan of Irsay and is trying to make something out of nothing.  Kravitz has an enormous ego and he's probably looking for some national publicity which Patrick will gladly give him on his radio show like he has done in the past.  This is old news really.  I have read these Irsay comments about mental toughness weeks ago.  Dungy just said what has already been reported.   

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Read the article and it's obvious Kravitz is not a big fan of Irsay and is trying to make something out of nothing.  Kravitz has an enormous ego and he's probably looking for some national publicity which Patrick will gladly give him on his radio show like he has done in the past.  This is old news really.  I have read these Irsay comments about mental toughness weeks ago.  Dungy just said what has already been reported.   

Yeah the title is click bait.

Still, the notion that Andrew would be so offended by that comment doesn't make sense.

I don't think it's a Luck-Irsay problem, it's a team problem

Media or not, there are times when one needs to know when to keep your mouth shut... Kravitz jumps at any opportunity (even in good years) to cut and dice any situation with the Colts, whether it be players or staff.

He is perpetuating drama with the title of this article alone.  Sometimes you need to ..... 

5a00e443114f8_Letitbe.thumb.jpg.aeb16d39d7a830432aecfc17ca39fd49.jpg

BOB!

Just now, BR-549 said:

Media or not, there are times when one needs to know when to keep your mouth shut... Kravitz jumps at any opportunity (even in good years) to cut and dice any situation with the Colts, whether it be players or staff.

He is perpetuating drama with the title of this article alone.  Sometimes you need to ..... 

5a00e443114f8_Letitbe.thumb.jpg.aeb16d39d7a830432aecfc17ca39fd49.jpg

BOB!

love that album

1 hour ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Kravitz is drunk. Seems like a clueless piece of nonsense.

My buddy and I saw him fairly wasted before @ The Slippery Noodle in downtown Indy.  Was fun to pick his brain about the Pacers and he chatted with us for about 5-10 minutes.  So, it is a possibility haha !!!

This is a combination of statements that Kravitz has misunderstood. The mental aspect of his game that Jim was talking about are the turnovers. Peyton had the “clock” in his head to get rid of the football. Andrew the player he is wants to fight for that extra second to try to make a play. Irsay and our QB coach want him to stop doing that. I don’t disagree with them. He needs to take his check downs. Andrew had a setback. That’s something Irsay is going to have to live with. The doctors have looked at Andrew’s injury. It’s not career ending so he doesn’t have to worry about that. 

24 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

My buddy and I saw him fairly wasted before @ The Slippery Noodle in downtown Indy.  Was fun to pick his brain about the Pacers and he chatted with us for about 5-10 minutes.  So, it is a possibility haha !!!

Well if you guys picked his brain for 5-10 minutes you more than likely got everything he had to offer. :D

8 minutes ago, a06cc said:

This is a combination of statements that Kravitz has misunderstood. The mental aspect of his game that Jim was talking about are the turnovers. Peyton had the “clock” in his head to get rid of the football. Andrew the player he is wants to fight for that extra second to try to make a play. Irsay and our QB coach want him to stop doing that. I don’t disagree with them. He needs to take his check downs. Andrew had a setback. That’s something Irsay is going to have to live with. The doctors have looked at Andrew’s injury. It’s not career ending so he doesn’t have to worry about that. 

Andrew has Peyton like qualities but to me when he is healthy, he is more like a better version of Ben Roethlisberger because he's faster than Ben and his style is just like Ben's. Ben will be a HOFamer and has won 2 SB's so I will take it. Make something happen out of the pocket, take big hits, throws the deep ball well like Ben.

1 minute ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Get ready for articles And or rumors like this all off-season.

I was thinking the same thing.  Until they fire the coaches and Luck is cleared to play all this stuff is going to continue...

30 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Bob?   Is that you??

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Andrew has Peyton like qualities but to me when he is healthy, he is more like a better version of Ben Roethlisberger because he's faster than Ben and his style is just like Ben's. Ben will be a HOFamer and has won 2 SB's so I will take it. Make something happen out of the pocket, take big hits, throws the deep ball well like Ben.

I’m sorry but I don’t want AL compared to Big Jen. I hate that stealers. Your comment sickens me lol

2 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I think if he does run him out of indy it would be the worst mistake he could possibly make.

It won't happen... sounds good if you are a beat writer.  Big contract, organization has tradition, new GM.... talks of new staff...

Luck is staying.  He made what somewhere around $25m for doing absolutely nothing this year?

Just won't happen.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hate the Steelers as well and it was a comparison on the field not off. I cant stand Big Ben but the comparison is said by many experts and I agree, they play similar. It is what it is.

The only thing good about the Steelers is that Odell Beckham doesn't play for them.... He would make them completely unwatchable and unbearable.  Might as well add Josh Norman in there too.

I am on the "can't stand big ben" wagon... but I cant stand those two either.  TY is getting close to being in that crowd of divas.