TKnight24

Kevin Bowen let go by Colts

Recommended Posts

Genuinely bummed out to hear this. Kevin was great and gave us a decent view into the organization without revealing too much.

 

There has to be something more to this that we haven't and probably never will hear about, because he was loved by the fans and did a great job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gyworks said:

Something must have happened behind the scenes. Maybe he was revealed to be the 'reliable source' behind the leaking of some sensible news. Or he just gave away too much information in his articles and mailbags. But it also might be that he was unrespectful toward Ms Caroline Cann who is obviously the protegee of someone important.

Anyway, unless he's done something illegal I strongly disapprove this move. Nowdays we see all too many arrogant executives and dictators that seek to silence all reasonable voice around them.

 

First thing I thought of as well. Caroline Cann is probably taking on more roles and responsibilities making Kevin Bowen no more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kevin always seemed to have the Colts' best interest at heart, and he always did a fine job. If they bring in some donkey, I'll be very disappointed. Just don't get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kevin Bowen said:

Just wanted to pop my head back in and thank everyone for all of the kind words.

 

Like I said yesterday, producing content for Colts.com was a dream and something I loved doing on a daily basis. That wouldn't have been possible without all of you reading, listening and watching some of my work.

 

I'm not sure what is next for me, but am excited about the possibilities.

 

Once again, thank you. You don't know how much it meant to me to read this forum.

Sorry to see you leave Kevin, always good insight behind the seen, and a good read. You will be missed! Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

 

First thing I thought of as well. Caroline Cann is probably taking on more roles and responsibilities making Kevin Bowen no more?

Caroline Cann is actually quite fantastic as a video broadcaster.  I think she's smooth as silk in her on camera personality.  I don't know about her written prowess, though, which is where I REALLY enjoyed Kevin Bowen.  Cann might be a rising star, but Bowen will be missed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who has only been following the NFL and the Colts for a few years, Kevin's written work and, primarily for me, his work on the Colts podcasts has been incredibly enlightening in terms of the behind the scenes goings on within the team and has made me feel even more connected to a team that is on a different continent from me.

 

I wish you all the best for your future Kevin, and am very disappointed that I wont be hearing your updates on the Colts FAQ or daily updates I subscribe to religiously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was shocked as well. Sad thing is, when something like this happens, there's always speculation of what Kevin did to get released or anger towards the Colts for making a move that has us scratching or heads. Hope it was just a business move where neither party is at fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this legit....? Colts.com just posted a colts training camp update with KB in it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not understand this because Kevin was great for updates and a really good guy

 

Makes me wonder if Zak Keefer or Stephen Holder will be doing some of the writing duties 

 

Good Luck and God Bless you Kevin and I am sure you find another great job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

 

First thing I thought of as well. Caroline Cann is probably taking on more roles and responsibilities making Kevin Bowen no more?

 

What Caroline? The Poltergeist girl??? :) j/k She definitely has a good camera personality.

 

We will find out who the new writer is. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

I do not understand this because Kevin was great for updates and a really good guy

 

Makes me wonder if Zak Keefer or Stephen Holder will be doing some of the writing duties 

 

Good Luck and God Bless you Kevin and I am sure you find another great job!

 

It won't be Keefer or Holder.     One,  they've got better jobs already and couldn't afford the paycut.

 

And as writers for other media,  I don't think they could ALSO work for the Colts.     Conflict of interest.

 

This sucks for Kevin and it sucks for us.....  

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Just a few random thoughts to share and with no insider knowledge....

 

I seriously doubt this was professional.     Not about the quality of Kevin's work which we all agree was very good.

 

I suspect this was....   personal,  or political.      Something way behind the scenes that we'll likely never know about.      But I don't think Kevin was leaking any insider info to anyone.     Not that would be apparent to anyone. 

 

The egos are big in media and especially in the sports world.     Things don't often make sense from the outside looking in.      

 

But I believ Kevin's professional reputation is not in question here....     I just look forward to him landing on his feet as soon as he can....

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps they were concerned from a brand standpoint as there was a spelling or grammar mistake in every article.  I very much enjoyed most of them, but that was annoying.  I do wish him the best of luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2017 at 9:13 AM, Kevin Bowen said:

Just wanted to pop my head back in and thank everyone for all of the kind words.

 

Like I said yesterday, producing content for Colts.com was a dream and something I loved doing on a daily basis. That wouldn't have been possible without all of you reading, listening and watching some of my work.

 

I'm not sure what is next for me, but am excited about the possibilities.

 

Once again, thank you. You don't know how much it meant to me to read this forum.

God closes some doors, and opens new ones. I was upset when I was laid off in 2008, only to land at the best job I'd ever had. I'm sure youll be fine, eventually. Hang in there!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2017 at 9:13 AM, Kevin Bowen said:

Just wanted to pop my head back in and thank everyone for all of the kind words.

 

Like I said yesterday, producing content for Colts.com was a dream and something I loved doing on a daily basis. That wouldn't have been possible without all of you reading, listening and watching some of my work.

 

I'm not sure what is next for me, but am excited about the possibilities.

 

Once again, thank you. You don't know how much it meant to me to read this forum.

 

Thank you for your work! Please keep us posted where you land next so we can look out for you again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2017 at 8:26 PM, bananabucket said:

All I know is unless he killed someone I'm deleting the Colts app and rating it 1 star.  He was the only reason I ever used it.

Omg,   Not the 1 star rating.       You are taking drastic measures

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2017 at 9:13 AM, Kevin Bowen said:

Just wanted to pop my head back in and thank everyone for all of the kind words.

 

Like I said yesterday, producing content for Colts.com was a dream and something I loved doing on a daily basis. That wouldn't have been possible without all of you reading, listening and watching some of my work.

 

I'm not sure what is next for me, but am excited about the possibilities.

 

Once again, thank you. You don't know how much it meant to me to read this forum.

Good luck my man.  I have no idea why you were let go,  But I always enjoyed your updates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a difficult balance to writing objectively about a team while also employed by that team.  JMV seems to think that Bowen ruffled some feathers on 56th St.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2017 at 10:27 PM, Gyworks said:

Something must have happened behind the scenes. Maybe he was revealed to be the 'reliable source' behind the leaking of some sensible news. Or he just gave away too much information in his articles and mailbags. But it also might be that he was unrespectful toward Ms Caroline Cann who is obviously the protegee of someone important.

Anyway, unless he's done something illegal I strongly disapprove this move. Nowdays we see all too many arrogant executives and dictators that seek to silence all reasonable voice around them.

 

Where are you getting any of this from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to wonder about the team's media strategy. They haven't been posting the pressers online this year, if you miss the live broadcast, you're up the creek. And who can drop what they're doing and watch every live broadcast? I can't, so I'm missing pretty much every presser with the coaches. That's more than a little annoying.

 

Then they let go of Kevin Bowen. And there could be any number of reasons for that, it doesn't have to be malicious or anything like that, but he was an engaging member of their media team and it's hard to see why they wouldn't want him around. Still, people get fired all the time without there being any big or profound reason behind it, so I'm not jumping to the conclusion that something untoward is going on.

 

Feel bad for Kevin, though. I'm sure he'll have other opportunities. Someone suggested he should replace Mike Wells... please let that happen.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2017 at 1:31 PM, deedub75 said:

It's a difficult balance to writing objectively about a team while also employed by that team.  JMV seems to think that Bowen ruffled some feathers on 56th St.  

JMV referenced Kevin again today and mentioned something quickly about posting a depth chart (also mentioned Akin in regards to the depth chart). I'll have to listen to it tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2017 at 8:22 AM, Chucklez said:

Genuinely bummed out to hear this. Kevin was great and gave us a decent view into the organization without revealing too much.

 

There has to be something more to this that we haven't and probably never will hear about, because he was loved by the fans and did a great job.

I totally agree!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.