Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard not done.... Hankins is a plus

AustexColt

Impressed that after all the NFL meetings, he came back focused and is giving Pagano and Ted a group of good defensive player which should help us stop the run and improve the pass. Pagano has to focus on the secondary which is his forte, and Ballard has given Ted what he needs to stop the run and put up a good pass rush. Showtime for many coaches and players. Better stay healthy because the competition is only for those who can get on the field.

Just now, AustexColt said:

Impressed that after all the NFL meetings, he came back focused and is giving Pagano and Ted a group of good defensive player which should help us stop the run and improve the pass. Pagano has to focus on the secondary which is his forte, and Ballard has given Ted what he needs to stop the run and put up a good pass rush. Showtime for many coaches and players. Better stay healthy because the competition is only for those who can get on the field.

I love that last sentence a lot. play time is over in Indi

21 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Well, IDK about more FA's but the draft has me really intrigued now.  Anybody know where this puts their cap situation after this signing? 

I don't know much about how cap numbers are affected by salary, but I read that we had 30 mil. before signing him... He gets 10 mil. in the first year and there are guarantees and incentives involved. 

My thought is that we are likely done signing FAs except for UDFAs... I could be wrong, of course. It's is easy enough to move money around if there is one guy that the FO really likes. 

Ballard has plugged a lot of holes or at least put in a solid effort to do so this off season. I kinda side

with Carlos and believe he may be finished with free agents 

until undrafted free agency after the draft.

Am I the only one stoked to see

what Ballard does in the draft

and with UDFA?

8 hours ago, Boomstick1 said:

Give me a OLB or 2, a CB or 2 and a RB and I think we're better than we've ever been w/Luck

I think Edge and CB have been a given in this draft. I hope we take 2 CB's. The position on D that needs help is ILB specifically Mike. There are only a handful a guys in this draft that are going to be early starters. It will be interesting to see how we address that position 

2 hours ago, akcolt said:

I think Edge and CB have been a given in this draft. I hope we take 2 CB's. The position on D that needs help is ILB specifically Mike. There are only a handful a guys in this draft that are going to be early starters. It will be interesting to see how we address that position 

Talking ILB's. I think mid round guys like Anzalone and Reeves Maybin could surprise some people and be very productive early starters. Then obviously Foster, Cunningham, Davis, and I feel McMillian will be a day 1 starter too.

39 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

The colts have won FA with where this team was before hand compared to the rest of the league. We have gotten younger while not losing talent. I'm having a hard time seeing our defense not being in the top 15 this year. 

My guess would be in the 15-20th range. There are a lot of new faces, so it'll probably take at least half of the season for it to gel, but it should be a MUCH improved unit when all is said and done.

12 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

Well, IDK about more FA's but the draft has me really intrigued now.  Anybody know where this puts their cap situation after this signing? 

roughly around 16- 20 million depending on exactly how it hits.  No one has updated with the contract information just yet.  We should know by monday for sure.

1 hour ago, superrep1967 said:

Everybody wants a running back but is the o-line good enough for it to even matter. 

If D Good can get himself in shape this line could be pretty solid. If not, as, we are going to be
 mediocre.  I don`t believe Ballard will risk mediocre. lol

7 hours ago, akcolt said:

A couple vet CB's have been released.   I could see one or two brought in TBH

I don't like the career fumbles, but ability wise I've taken more of a liking to Marlon Mack.  That dude has some serious game speed as a runner and I like his size and receiving skills. His frame is not even filled all the way out yet so he definitely needs to add some strength.  Could improve his pass blocking as well I think.  He has some real skills though. 

20 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

I don't know much about how cap numbers are affected by salary, but I read that we had 30 mil. before signing him... He gets 10 mil. in the first year and there are guarantees and incentives involved. 

My thought is that we are likely done signing FAs except for UDFAs... I could be wrong, of course. It's is easy enough to move money around if there is one guy that the FO really likes. 

Could still be some 2nd or 3rd tier guys out there Ballard is looking at, and could still make trades. Ballard is very mysterious right now haha

4 hours ago, krunk said:

I don't like the career fumbles, but ability wise I've taken more of a liking to Marlon Mack.  That dude has some serious game speed as a runner and I like his size and receiving skills. His frame is not even filled all the way out yet so he definitely needs to add some strength.  Could improve his pass blocking as well I think.  He has some real skills though. 

I'm personally hoping for De'Veon Smith from Michigan

On 4/14/2017 at 9:21 AM, akcolt said:

It's been way too long since the Colts have had a real, athletic playmaking ILB. Now is the best time to get one.

6 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

It's been way too long since the Colts have had a real, athletic playmaking ILB. Now is the best time to get one.

I can't even remember the last time we had a stud ILB. We've had some solid ones here and there, but we haven't had a monster ILB in a long time.

TBH with the revamped pass rushers (although unproven) I'd honestly go all Corners/ilb and rb this draft and pick up a bunch of edge rushers via udfa to compete...only cuz our dline looks solid w Langford Anderson Hankins  Ty and ridgeway....draft would bring in corners ilbs and that rb we need..it'd be risky but are we truly expecting to win the bowl this year lol it's the goal but is it immediate I'd love if it happened.. input anyone? And yes I know it's allll bunched up I'm lazy ;)

2 hours ago, will426 said:

TBH with the revamped pass rushers (although unproven) I'd honestly go all Corners/ilb and rb this draft and pick up a bunch of edge rushers via udfa to compete...only cuz our dline looks solid w Langford Anderson Hankins  Ty and ridgeway....draft would bring in corners ilbs and that rb we need..it'd be risky but are we truly expecting to win the bowl this year lol it's the goal but is it immediate I'd love if it happened.. input anyone? And yes I know it's allll bunched up I'm lazy ;)

I don't agree with this. Has the pass rush talent on our team improved? Yes, but not enough to not still have pass rush as the top need. I am in agreeance that if Foster is there at 15, we snag him quick. I am not in the boat of taking CB/ILB 1st round if Foster isn't on the board. We are at 15, we can get a pass rusher that can stick around for a while and make an impact. If we don't go pass rusher, we will be in the same boat as we are now. Are ILB and CB needs? Of course, not disputing that, but if we don't take care of this pass rush problem now, we are going to have the same issues for another season. Time to fix it

30 minutes ago, Brett Snyder said:

I don't agree with this. Has the pass rush talent on our team improved? Yes, but not enough to not still have pass rush as the top need. I am in agreeance that if Foster is there at 15, we snag him quick. I am not in the boat of taking CB/ILB 1st round if Foster isn't on the board. We are at 15, we can get a pass rusher that can stick around for a while and make an impact. If we don't go pass rusher, we will be in the same boat as we are now. Are ILB and CB needs? Of course, not disputing that, but if we don't take care of this pass rush problem now, we are going to have the same issues for another season. Time to fix it

Yeah I I understand what you mean but this draft isn't pass rush heavy as it is corners lol my idea is pretty absurd tho haha  I just had to suggest some odd idea just to make the most out of this DB class

Just now, will426 said:

Yeah I I understand what you mean but this draft isn't pass rush heavy as it is corners lol my idea is pretty absurd tho haha  I just had to suggest some odd idea just to make the most out of this DB class

It would be pretty sick to get like 3 starting caliber corners

3 minutes ago, Brett Snyder said:

It would be pretty sick to get like 3 starting caliber corners

True we'd be getting vontaes replacement a 2nd corner and a nickel then next year draft pass rush heavy being that a lot of our pass rushers now are on 1 year prove it deals pretty much and draft a safety if green doesn't pan out