Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign Margus Hunt 2 year deal

Case

I liked him as a 2nd-3rd rounder coming out. He is NO OLB. He's what? 290ish? Maybe he can turn into Trent Murphy 2.0????? PLEASE.....

Also. Maybe it'll do him some good moving to a new position on a new team. Maybe with one of these guys we'll hit the jackpot. Look at the Nick Perry's, Morris Claiborne's, David Amerson's Chris Baker's, Trent Murphy, Pernell McPhee's, the list goes on and on of guys who looked like total busts, then came out in their 4th or 5th season and balled out.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Does anyone think Ballard have seen the movie moneyball ?

By the looks of all the signings so far, it have been players who have not yet proven that they are full time starters in the league.

Not all the signings. Simon and Jabbal are good.

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

He'll be 30 at the start of the season. I didn't know that, he's only going into Year 5 in the NFL. 

I am with you. I knew he was older than other rookies on Hard Knocks, but did not realize he was 29. Thought he was more like 27 or 28.

It does explain the two-year deal though. 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Kendall Langford worked out better in our 3-4 as a DE than the 4-3 he was playing in earlier, didn't he? Hope this one turns out that way as well.

Lankford had played very well in the 3-4 before too. 

It is an interesting signing. Low risk. 

Just now, chad72 said:

Kendall Langford worked out better in our 3-4 as a DE than the 4-3 he was playing in earlier, didn't he? Hope this one turns out that way as well.

Yes but, we already knew that when we signed Langford.  He played in 3-4 prior to them switching defenses.  Usually 3-4 ends make decent 4-3 defensive

tackles and 4-3 ends make decent 3-4 outside linebackers.  Personally I liked him when he was in the draft and thought he'd make a decent 3-4 end.  He's a little too big to be playing a 4-3 end spot.  He's 295 pounds.

Just now, ThorstenDenmark said:

If hes learning the game, then lets use him where he can do something good.

Hes not the best D-line man, so lets use him protecting Luck instead.

I don't see how he can help protect luck. Work with haeg good and Clark. Their good young olineman

2 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

If hes learning the game, then lets use him where he can do something good.

Hes not the best D-line man, so lets use him protecting Luck instead.

Why try and turn him into a project offensive linemen to protect our franchise quarterback... possibly one of the dumbest things I've ever heard...

9 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

Maybe I'm wrong and he's better as a 3-4 end than a 4-3 end but, based off what I see in his stats 14 solo tackles, 14 assisted and 1.5 sacks in four years gives me very little confidence in this pick. 

Remember though that the Bengals typically draft BPA and often have high round guys buried on the depth chart. I'm not saying he's going to be a game wrecker but he'll have opportunities here. The defense is bad enough to where he'd have to be really bad not to be able to make plays and make a name for himself. It's all about competition and depth.

37 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I don't think so. He was with the Bears and then Chiefs.

2001 Baltimore Ravens
2002 Dallas Cowboys
Kansas City Chiefs
2008 Dallas Cowboys
Cincinnati Bengals
2010 New York Jets
2012 Miami Dolphins
2013 Cincinnati Bengals
2014 Atlanta Falcons
2015 Houston Texans
2016 Los Angeles Rams
2017 ?

thanks... man Dallas twice in three years... someone didn't like Jerry J. or he volunteered his team.

Ok lets sign Jonathan Hankins, Zach Brown, Austin Pasztor, and a vet like Brandon Carr. Then draft Williams/Takk/Charlton in the 1st.

Anderson will most likely get back to his old self 2 years removed from the ACL. I'm expecting Anderson to become a household name this coming season. If Langford's healthy, and Ridgeway takes a big step forward our D-Line could be really good..... Best case scenario is Ridgeway becomes a beast and starts. He's got enormous potential, and we may see him tap into that this year. But........

Langford-Hankins-Anderson.....That's a solid, maybe very good front 3 assuming Anderson is back to himself and killing it....Which he will be IMO, and Langford will be back and healthy and should be a solid starting DT. Then we'll have McGil, Parry, Jones???, Hunt, and probably a draft pick battling for the 4 backup spots. Should be 1 spot up for grabs assuming we roll with 7. Hunt, like I said may be a breakout player in a new system, playing a new position for a new team.

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

Ok lets sign Jonathan Hankins, Zach Brown, and a vet like Brandon Carr. Then draft Williams/Takk/Charlton in the 1st.

Anderson will most likely get back to his old self 2 years removed from the ACL. I'm expecting Anderson to become a household name this coming season. If Langford's healthy, and Ridgeway takes a big step forward our D-Line could be really good..... Best case scenario is Ridgeway becomes a beast and starts. He's got enormous potential, and we may see him tap into that this year. But........

Langford-Hankins-Anderson.....That's a solid, maybe very good front 3 assuming Anderson is back to himself and killing it....Which he will be IMO, and Langford will be back and healthy and should be a solid starting DT. Then we'll have McGil, Parry, Jones???, Hunt, and probably a draft pick battling for the 4 backup spots. Should be 1 spot up for grabs assuming we roll with 7. Hunt, like I said may be a breakout player in a new system, playing a new position for a new team.

You just keep making this same post... 

31 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Remember though that the Bengals typically draft BPA and often have high round guys buried on the depth chart. I'm not saying he's going to be a game wrecker but he'll have opportunities here. The defense is bad enough to where he'd have to be really bad not to be able to make plays and make a name for himself. It's all about competition and depth.

He's had a bunch of opportunities from the Bengals trying to make him show why he was a 2nd round pick. Don't be a revisionist 

3 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Reminder that we currently have 1 starting cornerback. 

Yeah but didn't you know signing a guy like Stephon Gilmore is a bad idea because he's "overpaid" (lol) and we're better off getting some lowkey guys. 

1 minute ago, Dr. T said:

During preseason he was always a wrecking ball. We could not stop him when he played us. Got multiple sacks against our O-line as I recall.

That is not a noteworthy accomplishment. Our OL routinely gets whipped in preseason.

Just now, Coltfreak said:

Well at least he gave up on the guarantees 

Man you're trippin. I never guaranteed anything other than we'd bring in some big name players. It was the only logical thing to do, and I still we'll sign a Poe/Hankins/Hightower/Brown, etc

46 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Grigson did a lot of this too, the bargain bin approach. It worked with Mike Adams and Erik Swoope, swung and missed with Adongo and others. Only time will tell us if it will work.

We all liked Grigson too in 2012. :) 

Every new GM is the greatest thing since sliced bread like the hyped draft pick coming out of college. However, Ballard's resume is a little more solid than Grigson's was, coming in, I won't deny that. Just want to stay on the fence for now. 

Andongo wasn't a bargin bin approach, he was a diamond in the ruff approach/lets make a rugby player thats has no football background into a NFL football player experiment bc the man is an athlete, who was very least a turd a waste of time and rooster spot that should have never been on this or any NFL team for that matter.   

1 minute ago, Superman said:

That is not a noteworthy accomplishment. Our OL routinely gets whipped in preseason.

You mean all throughout the season???? Even with slight improvement this year Grigson was so dumb he couldn't even bring in a good G or C for 5 years. Finally drafted Kelly, but we should have fixed our OL years ago. Bottom line is we're wasting away Lucks career. For what??? to hopefully win ONE SB in 3-4 years????

We should have went into FA like there's no tomorrow. Since Supe doesn't want me saying we need to bring in this one or that one I wont, but we best do something to get to 10-6 or 11-5 next year. Who cares about 3-4 years from now???? Go all in, in FA, draft like a boss, and we have no worries about the cap in a few years anyways.