Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hasselback MVP Despite Cam Newton

King Colt

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cam is MVP period. Not Hass, not Brady....NE would be good with another qb. Their organization makes them good, not Brady. Cam goes down, another qb can't just easily fill those shoes. Besides, NE always gets those nonsense calls like that Td catch that odell caught. Hass is a back up and can't win MVP bcuz he didn't even put in enough time like Cam and Brady did. Plus, those teams are undefeated. When Brady got injured and the team still had 11 wins with Cassell proves it's more Bellichek and Kraft $, than it is Brady. They would be successful regardless. What did Cassell ever do without NE? Brady always get 2 much credit.

He missed a lot of games but they are undefeated with him and 0-7 without him. I think if he puts up decent numbers and goes undefeated to get the Cowboys in the playoffs, he may win MVP.

There's no way. He won't have the numbers. That's a huge part. And a reason why Cam probably won't win.

Whatever the NFL equivalent to "sixth man of the year" that's MH... He has been the best backup QB in the NFL this season, and there have been a bunch of #2s starting games...

If Houston had MH instead of us, they'd win the South by a mile this season... Of course, there are questions about how many games a QB his age can start before he breaks down... We might find that out the hard way...

Whatever the NFL equivalent to "sixth man of the year" that's MH... He has been the best backup QB in the NFL this season, and there have been a bunch of #2s starting games...

If Houston had MH instead of us, they'd win the South by a mile this season... Of course, there are questions about how many games a QB his age can start before he breaks down... We might find that out the hard way...

hopefully Luck is back after a month. If that's the case we may just need Matt to get threw the Bucs and Steelers games. I agree he has played extremely well this year but you have to wonder when he's going to look like a 40 year old out there. The hits he is taking will take their toll on him pretty quickly too. Hopefully Luck heals fast as honestly, this was the second best team left in their schedule after the bye. If they get by with Matt 10-6 is a very real possibility,

There's no way. He won't have the numbers. That's a huge part. And a reason why Cam probably won't win.

Numbers aren't everything. It's also about how important you are to the team. I believe Brady will win even if Romo does get to the playoffs, but I believe he would deserve to be in the conversation.

How do you figure that?  Cam is winning too, how will it not at least be close?  Totally disagree!

stats for one thing.  brady has a more yards even if you count cams rushing and he has 6 fewer turnovers

will also come down to team records, i think the patriots have a better shot at going undefeated, but cam could win it if the panthers pull it off or come closer than the patriots

Numbers aren't everything. It's also about how important you are to the team. I believe Brady will win even if Romo does get to the playoffs, but I believe he would deserve to be in the conversation.

Carson is not out of the picture but to pass Newton if he and Brady stay "as is" would raise some eyebrows in an uncomfortable way. 

Disagree. It may be close between him and Cam.

Its going to come down to which team has the best record.  Which imo is ridiculous.  Team records should not affect who has the best season.  Wins are completely a team thing, even a QB's stats is reliant on their team, some positions more than others, but QB is quite significant. 

JJ Watt had the best season a DE has ever had and hardly gets a vote because the Texans had a bad record.  Meanwhile, Brady gets MVP's when the team showed they could got 11-5 without him one season. 

If it is most valuable to a team, and not the entire nfl, then Romo should be considered if they cowboys end up 9-7.  Because he was undefeated.  But its really just a popularity contest between QB's and who can put up the best stats.  it doesn't mean anything to me.

I thought I mentioned Newton for MVP and "honorable mention" for Matt. Apparently the level reading amongst many of our fellow Colt fans isn't what it should be. Don't worry, school is for dummies. 

YOU are still the dummy for mentioning Matt in the same sentence as MVP. I know exactly what you said and I was calling you out.

In 1969 Dick Butkis won Defensive MVP on a team that went 1-13!! The MVP should be and used to be how much influence one player had on the success of his team without having to exceed every other players numbers on other teams. It is not numbers but value or at least it used to be. I can't see Brady winning over Newton except for the kiss butt media slobbering all over  Brady. Brady has the advantage of the best coach and corporation in NFL history.

LOL! Cam Newton's defense did all the work last night. And his completion percentage has deteriorated as much as lucks rookie year. Don't think his offense is as good as it is on paper. They would have a tough time getting through the Cardinals in the playoffs. Solid D.