Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hasselback MVP Despite Cam Newton

King Colt

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does ANYONE recall the season Manning sat out and the talk about him getting MVP as it was obvious his "value" was immense to the Colts as they disgraced the uniform that season? Do not reply it was all in jest because it was not if you recall. The best player at the QB position is Brady but he is not the most valuable to his team and that is why MVP is not the correct title. It should be "Best Offensive Player" and the same for defense then MVP should be for the player that showed his value to that team and so Hasselback could be in the running if he pulls it off. Remember Curt Warner.

Clearly the best backup in the NFL, outside of him they have been horrible this year.

..and looking at Sunday...He's faced Lovie Smith's defenses before.

...We can be a little conservative at home and matt should be able to stay away from turnovers.

Maybe its because I remember Matt when he started..I'm very, very comfortable with him

that would be George blanda'

I had to look this one up, but George Blanda last won three games in 1966, going 3-5 in 8 starts, when he was 39. He continued as a back-up QB and place kicker until his last year, 1975. I was at the game when he threw a touchdown pass to RB Clarence Davis (in a pre-season game) that year. Many players on the Raiders' roster that year weren't even born yet when Blanda started his career with the Bears in 1949. I doubt that we'll ever see another player still going at age 48 like Blanda was.

• 2 weeks later...