Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Newsome looks to silence the critics

TKnight24

People Saying We Got Needs Here and There, We Cant Stop The Run, We Cant Rush The Passer lol Yea...Ok... Get Ya Popcorn Ready #ColtsNation

— Jonathan Newsome (@JNEW_11)

May 1, 2015

https://twitter.com/JNEW_11/status/594152104287150083

Personally, I still do have my doubts about the defense. But if the teams sack leader from last season says relax, I'll believe him & put some faith in this defense.

:colts:

People Saying We Got Needs Here and There, We Cant Stop The Run, We Cant Rush The Passer lol Yea...Ok... Get Ya Popcorn Ready #ColtsNation

— Jonathan Newsome (@JNEW_11)

May 1, 2015

https://twitter.com/JNEW_11/status/594152104287150083

Personally, I still do have my doubts about the defense. But if the teams sack leader from last season says relax, I'll believe him & put some faith in this defense.

:colts:

Ehh what do you expect him to say?   "Face it guys, we suck"  

I'm glad we did draft people for the defense, but just cause a team member says they will do fine doesn't necessarily make me think it's all gonna be ok.

If Mathis can come back and play to form and Newsome continues to develop we could have a very scary pass rush... I also haven't given up on Werner yet.  If he stinks it up this year, his third, then we should look to trade him for whatever we can get out of him.

Ehh what do you expect him to say? "Face it guys, we suck"

I'm glad we did draft people for the defense, but just cause a team member says they will do fine doesn't necessarily make me think it's all gonna be ok.

I mean it's more credible cause he went out his way to say it. He wasn't being interviewed or anything so it's kinda much easier to take this seriously

As everyone knows I wanted Malcolm Brown.  I felt DT was a huge need, and Brown is a huge man.

Montori Hughes is up to 350, and Kerr is up to 335.  Maybe we do have a couple of studs there.  Langford stops the run pretty well and Chapman is still here.  Anderson from Stanford to me is the sleeper of the bunch...I hope I am right.  I also think Quarles can play.  

****Note:  Jeris Pendleton is no longer on the roster.

BTW...our LB corps is fantastic if healthy.

I'm not worried about the rush from the OLB spots.  Newsome, Cole and potentially Mathis I expect to be at least good.  We need to get some sort of pressure from the D-line though; hoping Anderson can step in there and Jones makes more impact this year.

If Mathis can come back and play to form and Newsome continues to develop we could have a very scary pass rush... I also haven't given up on Werner yet.  If he stinks it up this year, his third, then we should look to trade him for whatever we can get out of him.

And Trent Cole.  Our offense is so explosive, it should allow the defense to 'pin the ears back' and decapitate many QBs.

As everyone knows I wanted Malcolm Brown.  I felt DT was a huge need, and Brown is a huge man.

Montori Hughes is up to 350, and Kerr is up to 335.  Maybe we do have a couple of studs there.  Langford stops the run pretty well and Chapman is still here.  Anderson from Stanford to me is the sleeper of the bunch...I hope I am right.  I also think Quarles can play.  

I agree think Anderson can be used several places on passing downs and look for him to help the pass rush. My wish is to get to season healthy on both sides of the ball. :thmup:

As everyone knows I wanted Malcolm Brown. I felt DT was a huge need, and Brown is a huge man.

Montori Hughes is up to 350, and Kerr is up to 335. Maybe we do have a couple of studs there. Langford stops the run pretty well and Chapman is still here. Anderson from Stanford to me is the sleeper of the bunch...I hope I am right. I also think Quarles can play.

****Note: Jeris Pendleton is no longer on the roster.

I agree I think Hughes has a big year and Quarles should be in football shape a yr removed from the Gamecocks. That kid can play.

I think the D is going to surprise some folks. As you said if we can stay healthy. The monster just might be waking

I hope he feels better now that he got that off his chest.....Its not like it will have any bearing on how good they will be......Words without action is dead, Lets not  play dead October the 18th or December 6th.

to rally the teammates. saying it publicly is different than saying it in the huddle, sideline, etc

i halfway agree with you, but i don't really see the harm

It's a lose lose situation. If the D plays lights out, nobody will even care about this tweet. If they crash and burn....well, a lot of people will remember it.

But as you say, probably harmless in the grand scheme of things....

You can always suit up right Brent? There is a method to your madness right? After all, you do affectionately refer to yourself often as "This ole LB" for a reason right?  haha  Just messin' around brother.  :thmup:

just why do players do this? No value whatsoever......

Yeah, I often wonder that myself BHC. Confidence is never a bad thing, but talk is cheap. Don't tell me you're good as a unit show me. Greatness needs no self promotion because everyone else can see it. 

Newsome is a freaking stud though. I love the guy. 

Ehh what do you expect him to say?   "Face it guys, we suck"  

haha This past season wasn't pretty at times vs say Dallas, Pittsburgh, or NE was nothing to throw a parade about that's true, but each season is a fresh start, a new beginning, & our team isn't cursed like Cleveland is. 

I agree think Anderson can be used several places on passing downs and look for him to help the pass rush. My wish is to get to season healthy on both sides of the ball. :thmup:

I am really forward to watching Henry Anderson play for 2 reasons: 1. He's a graduate of Stanford which means he's wicked smart & 2. He's number 91. The same number as SB Champion pass rusher Justin Tuck & I revere that guy. It's a sign man. 

I am really forward to watching Henry Anderson play for 2 reasons: 1. He's a graduate of Stanford which means he's wicked smart & 2. He's number 91. The same number as SB Champion pass rusher Justin Tuck & I revere that guy. It's a sign man. 

I think Henry's number with the Colts is going to be 96...

91 is Newsome.

I think Henry's number with the Colts is going to be 96...

91 is Newsome.

Good call. I don't always keep track of jersey numbers on defense like I probably should. Shoot, if Anderson can't be #91 that's gonna screw up my glowing NFL narrative on Henry. Oh well, it was fun, short-lived thought anyway. Newsome is a great guy & if he wants to keep 91 I'm cool with it. I just was kind of hoping that Henry can keep his college number, but it is what it is I guess. 

Thanks for the correction NCF. I appreciate it. 

i am very worried on how the Colts plan to protect Luck and how they will stop the run. Their weakness was exploited in last seasons AFC championship game. If they plan to win the Super Bowl, they must improve in those areas.  

You can always suit up right Brent? There is a method to your madness right? After all, you do affectionately refer to yourself often as "This ole LB" for a reason right?  haha  Just messin' around brother.  :thmup:

Definitely LB....but in weight loss I am getting closer to being an old safety :)

He (Anderson) was impressive on that Stanford highlight reel from the Oregon St. game but I did notice that as good as his hurries were, he failed to close the deal over and over allowing their QB to slip his grasp over and over.  Clearly it was great he was pressuring him so much, but I would have liked to see him finish the deal more often.