Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Falcons being investigated for piping in crowd noise

RockThatBlue

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cheating in the NFL is getting out of hand. Gotta start penalizing these teams hard.

Technically the crowd noise thing is not cheating. All teams do it in domes. I am sure the Saints, Colts, and the Vikings have all done it in the past.

It's nothing new. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/falcons--arthur-blank-on-crowd-noise---what-we-ve-done-----is-wrong-203120000.html

Falcons' Arthur Blank on crowd noise: 'What we've done ... is wrong'

Blank was unequivocal, saying he was "angry and embarrassed" that the NFL is looking into whether Atlanta piped in crowd noise to impact play during Falcons home games over the last two seasons. He acknowledged wrongdoing, telling the AP "I think what we've done in 2013 and 2014 was wrong."

Interesting...waiting to see if this story leads the evening news on all 3 major networks...

Why is this posted? Colts fans are hypocrites who only care about cheating when it's New England doing it. Somebody remove this.

/sarcasm

Do you think this story will generate even a fraction of a percent of the news coverage that the "deflated balls" story generated?

That has been one of my main issues with the ball air saga. People don't see to mind cheating if a team loses like this example but if a team wins? Different story ...

It's like this, amfootball.  If you find out that the guy next to you cheated while taking the test, but still failed . . . you just think what an *.  He couldn't even pass when he was cheating.

But, if you find out that the other guy next to you cheated while taking the test and ended up getting the highest score in the class  . . . you are angry because he excelled due to cheating.

It's like this, amfootball.  If you find out that the guy next to you cheated while taking the test, but still failed . . . you just think what an *.  He couldn't even pass when he was cheating.

But, if you find out that the other guy next to you cheated while taking the test and ended up getting the highest score in the class  . . . you are angry because he excelled due to cheating.

Cheating is wrong in my book regardless of the results.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/falcons--arthur-blank-on-crowd-noise---what-we-ve-done-----is-wrong-203120000.html

Falcons' Arthur Blank on crowd noise: 'What we've done ... is wrong'

Blank was unequivocal, saying he was "angry and embarrassed" that the NFL is looking into whether Atlanta piped in crowd noise to impact play during Falcons home games over the last two seasons. He acknowledged wrongdoing, telling the AP "I think what we've done in 2013 and 2014 was wrong."

Interesting...waiting to see if this story leads the evening news on all 3 major networks...

It will be interesting to see what the punishment is for that.

No. You know why? Because the owner just OWNED UP TO IT. People are way more forgiving of those who admit their wrong doing than those who deny it.

They are? Because I recall the Patriots owner and coach owning up to Spygate and accepting their punishment for it. Yet 7 years later I don't see all this supposed forgiveness you are referring to.

They are? Because I recall the Patriots owner and coach owning up to Spygate and accepting their punishment for it. Yet 7 years later I don't see all this supposed forgiveness you are referring to.

You may be right, but I do not recall the Patriots owner or coach saying what they did during Spygate was wrong.

You may be right, but I do not recall the Patriots owner or coach saying what they did during Spygate was wrong.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3323437

Kraft spoke of the values of the partnership with the league and how disappointed he was that his team brought negative attention to the league. Colts coach Tony Dungy described the speech as heartfelt and excellent, saying "I appreciated what he had to say."

Others who listened believed Kraft was speaking from the heart. Once Kraft was done talking, the entire room broke into applause.

He said that in one respect, Spygate did the Patriots a favor.

"We've taken it as a positive and reorganized our operations to make sure a situation like this never comes up again," he said. "Our operation is more efficient, more streamlined. Look at the results of this season. That would confirm it

This could also read Deflate-gate did the Patriots a favor after a slap on the wrist from the Commish ..

"We've taken it as a positive and reorganized our operations to make sure a situation like this never comes up again," he said. "Our operation is more efficient, more streamlined. Look at the results of this season. That would confirm it

Breaking the rules to gain an edge no one does it better than the Patriots ..

This is the truth.  I feel like the NFL is far too lenient with their penalties

I think it's more of a problem of what they come down hard on and what they don't.  

They are pretty harsh on smoking weed in your own home do it a couple of times and you are suspended for the whole year . . . but then you have a guy like Suh who purposefully tries to hurt people after the whistle and at most he gets a 1 game suspension and a talking to from Goodell.

Now I'm not excusing kids smoking weed, it doesn't bother me personally but a lot of jobs require that you pass drug tests.  But ultimately they end up punishing these guys worse then the guys who are doing things that could potentially affect the integrity of the game and the guys who could affect some other player's career.

Kraft spoke of the values of the partnership with the league and how disappointed he was that his team brought negative attention to the league. Colts coach Tony Dungy described the speech as heartfelt and excellent, saying "I appreciated what he had to say."

Others who listened believed Kraft was speaking from the heart. Once Kraft was done talking, the entire room broke into applause.

Thanks for the post, informative for me.

Ha.  They did that after the investigation was concluded, the fines had been issued and the evidence destroyed.  But nice try.

I'm with AM football though, cheating is cheating.  And I must admit, between the cheating, Goodell talking about the league will investigate with a wink and smile, the out of hand TD celebrations that are promoted by the league, and the scripted feel of the games the NFL is not nearly as enjoyable to watch anymore