Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bring back A.Q.Shipley

I'd go with Harrison. Honestly I'd like to kick the tires on incognito. Wouldn't hurt just to bring him in and see what he has and where his heads at.

I'm with you. You know he's going to keep his head down and mouth shut.

My only question is if he can play. From what I read, he wasn't having a great start to the year in Miami.

I'm with you. You know he's going to keep his head down and mouth shut.

My only question is if he can play. From what I read, he wasn't having a great start to the year in Miami.

Agreed, if he can't offer us more than what we have no thank you. But if he can be the road grader we need I'm all in. I'm not sure if what we have lacks talent or just time to gel. One thing I liked when manning was here. We didn't try to be to cute or over complicate things. Just did what we did at a very high level.

I think have a greater need at tackle

Backup, do doubt. But we don't really know what we have at our starters inside. A rookie, a one year guy with about a quarter of experience, and a one year guy who looked lost last year. Doesn't exactly exhume confidence.

Lots of comments about Incognito on the board lately.  I never liked the guy always that he was a #$*& but I will give him his due he is probably better than what we have right now actually I am positive he is and he has the right attitude for a lineman mean and nasty.  I think he would work out in our locker room and he would either tow the line or be gone and his contract I am sure would stipulate and reflect that idea.

Bring him in take a look, we dont have anything to lose really but a lot to gain. 

For those who talk about Andrew, Fleener etc and the Martin connection this is pro football and these guys I am sure get that.

I reality I am just tired of seeing Andrew getting beat up and our running backs dealing with people in there face before they even get close to the line of scrimmage.

Lots of comments about Incognito on the board lately.  I never liked the guy always that he was a #$*& but I will give him his due he is probably better than what we have right now actually I am positive he is and he has the right attitude for a lineman mean and nasty.  I think he would work out in our locker room and he would either tow the line or be gone and his contract I am sure would stipulate and reflect that idea.

Bring him in take a look, we dont have anything to lose really but a lot to gain. 

For those who talk about Andrew, Fleener etc and the Martin connection this is pro football and these guys I am sure get that.

I reality I am just tired of seeing Andrew getting beat up and our running backs dealing with people in there face before they even get close to the line of scrimmage.

I'm not sure about A.Q. Shipley, but I agree with this post...because after the high-profile nature of Incognito's past year or so, plus the tone that Pagano sets for the team's chemistry...I don't think his typical issues will surface.

If they do....then we dump him and his NFL career is probably finished. He knows it, every NFL team probably knows it....and after this past week....I'm pretty sure Roger Goodell would see to it.

Richie Incognito is no ones idea of the perfect solution....but given the O-line's injury outlook, I say give him a try.

And as far as the Colts players Stanford connection with Jonathan Martin?

At this point, Andrew would probably be happy to juggle bowling pins in a jester's costume on the steps of Stanford's campus library if he thought it would help our rushing attack.

I'm not sure about A.Q. Shipley, but I agree with this post...because after the high-profile nature of Incognito's past year or so, plus the tone that Pagano sets for the team's chemistry...I don't think his typical issues will surface.

If they do....then we dump him and his NFL career is probably finished. He knows it, every NFL team probably knows it....and after this past week....I'm pretty sure Roger Goodell would see to it.

Richie Incognito is no ones idea of the perfect solution....but given the O-line's injury outlook, I say give him a try.

And as far as the Colts players Stanford connection with Jonathan Martin?

At this point, Andrew would probably be happy to juggle bowling pins in a jester's costume on the steps of Stanford's campus library if he thought it would help our rushing attack.

I tend to agree. I think it's unlikely we can sign anyone better than Incognito at this point (barring a trade in which we give up something valuable). It's a risky move given his history but it's also a risk to go into the season with 3 inexperienced starters on the interior and little to no depth at any spot on the O-line. 

I tend to agree. I think it's unlikely we can sign anyone better than Incognito at this point (barring a trade in which we give up something valuable). It's a risky move given his history but it's also a risk to go into the season with 3 inexperienced starters on the interior and little to no depth at any spot on the O-line. 

And that's the key....it costs a lot less to try out Incognito than to pull a trade for say, Alex Boone....and then have to pay what seems to be a pretty steep asking price. 

Who knows....maybe we'll have some other options if there are some OLs cut this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

....So all the nay-sayers in this thread who didn't want Shipley back probably should rethink that. :thmup:  He's been great for us.

I always said trading him was a mistake.  We where just fortunate that we didn't have to live with that mistake for too long because the Ravens let him go.