Photo

Ricky Stanzi

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
82 replies to this topic

#1 corgi

corgi
  • 2412 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

QB Ricky Stanzi could start vs our Colts Sunday. Apparently Brady Quinn is nursing sore ribs, and they don't trust Matt Cassell. Per Rotoworld. I have no idea who Ricky Stanzi is.

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#2 Steagles

Steagles

Matt Overton and I!

• 876 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

He was the Iowa QB for a while. He's 25 so he is relatively young, and has been out of Iowa for 2 seasons now, I think.

I am giving this improved Colts team 8 wins this year. I think we will go 8-8 in 2013-14.   (July 24, 2013)

#3 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 14775 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

QB Ricky Stanzi could start vs our Colts Sunday. Apparently Brady Quinn is nursing sore ribs, and they don't trust Matt Cassell. Per Rotoworld. I have no idea who Ricky Stanzi is.

LOL

LET'S HUNT

#4 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Go ahead and print the wild card t-shirts...

#5 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6392 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

Go ahead and print the wild card t-shirts...

If the Jets lose tonight are we automatically in? I can't remember?

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#6 Nobody

Nobody
  • 5018 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

He's better than Cassel.
I will delete this when the new Colts win a Super Bowl.

Come on boys, let's get rid of the rest of my sig!

#7 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

No.

If the Jets lose it will be hard not to make the playoffs, none of the scenarios played out.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
Indianapolis clinches a playoff spot with:
1) IND win OR

2) IND tie + CIN loss or tie OR
3) IND tie + PIT loss or tie OR
4) IND tie + BAL win OR
5) NYJ loss or tie + CIN loss OR
6) NYJ loss or tie + BAL win + CIN tie + PIT tie

Nothing official tonight.

#8 #12

• 719 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

The simulators say so.  The printed scenarios do not.  Not exactly sure why.  Someone with enough energy would have to run through all the scenarios step-by-step and do the math.

#9 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6392 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

I'll still root for the Titans, guess most importantly they just focus on beating the Cheifs, then focus on beating he Texans.

Might as well just win the next two games!!!!!!!!!

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#10 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3316 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

Who?

http://www.nfl.com/n...tart-for-chiefs

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#11 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3316 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Who?

http://www.nfl.com/n...tart-for-chiefs

*runs to pick up IND defense in FFL*

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#12 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 4088 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

Yay!

61mz0QvfdpL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

#13 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 6042 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

That was Iowa QB a couple years ago right if memory serves me well

#14 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6785 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

Wow, the poor chiefs. We'll see a lot of Charles and Hillis.

#15 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9827 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

I would be excited about this News...... but I get the feeling Vaughn is gonna make this guy become Famous on Sunday smh

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#16 gbrads_rants

gbrads_rants
  • 570 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

We need to win this game and win it with authority....Stanzi last started on a Monday night game last year...he did well for the first few series...then the Steelers started pounding them :-(

#17 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 13923 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

This bodes well for our team.  Quinn hasn't been spectacular, but Arrowhead is a tough place to play and Jamaal Charles is playing well.

When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#18 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR and into the PUP

• 2835 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

Here's the report on Stanzi.  There's references to Curtis Painter and the Colts even thinking of taking this guy, LOL

http://walterfootbal...stanzi_greg.php

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#19 Susie Q

Susie Q

If You Knew Susie

• 2809 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

Here's the report on Stanzi.  There's references to Curtis Painter and the Colts even thinking of taking this guy, LOL

http://walterfootbal...stanzi_greg.php

I quit reading when it was said he compared to Painter. :funny: Sorry had to say it. :yahoo: Sounds in favor of the Colts for sure. :thmup:

#20 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

and then we find out that stanzi turns out to be the next " tom brady ".

Believe In Blue!!!

#21 chad72

chad72
  • 8889 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

Brady Quinn gives us a better shot to win than Ricky Stanzi, IMO.

Quinn is terrible, inaccurate, and streaky for a half at best. Stanzi, if protected well, can definitely be more accurate from all that I have seen of him.

#22 FightLikeSin

FightLikeSin
  • 1815 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

Stanzi is brutal. If the Chiefs pull out a W over us this week, we don't deserve to even think about being in the playoffs. lol. 

Hopefully it's our first victory where i'm not on the edge of my seat and I can just sit back and say "oh yeah, we got this one" like the old days.

2013 AFC South Champs

#23 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7671 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

im still starting charles in fantasy

its not T.Y its T.watttttttttt WHAT DID T JUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#24 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 12000 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

If I remember correctly, The Indianapolis Colts went into the Meadowlands on October 14 and were humiliated by the New York Jets 35-9.  I also remember Blaine Gabbert beating us on and 80 yard TD.

I do not care if it is Ricky Stanzi, Ricky Ricardo, Ricky Bobby.........or the ghost of Montana's Past.....we better wake up and play in all phases of the game.  We cannot think we are a remotely good football team after the comedy of errors last week.  Film, practice, and 60 minutes of football is needed at one of the toughest venues to play in....in the entire NFL......the place will be rocking....on a very chilly Sunday afternoon.

Yes we had better be ready for Charles.......and the entire Chiefs team....we NEED this game.   :colts:  :colts:  :colts:

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#25 FightLikeSin

FightLikeSin
  • 1815 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

If I remember correctly, The Indianapolis Colts went into the Meadowlands on October 14 and were humiliated by the New York Jets 35-9.  I also remember Blaine Gabbert beating us on and 80 yard TD.

I do not care if it is Ricky Stanzi, Ricky Ricardo, Ricky Bobby.........or the ghost of Montana's Past.....we better wake up and play in all phases of the game.  We cannot think we are a remotely good football team after the comedy of errors last week.  Film, practice, and 60 minutes of football is needed at one of the toughest venues to play in....in the entire NFL......the place will be rocking....on a very chilly Sunday afternoon.

Yes we had better be ready for Charles.......and the entire Chiefs team....we NEED this game.   :colts:  :colts:  :colts:

For the record...I'd be terrified if we had to play against Ricky Bobby

2013 AFC South Champs

#26 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 12000 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

For the record...I'd be terrified if we had to play against Ricky Bobby

SHAKE AND BAKE!!!!!!!!!!  :)

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#27 manning04

manning04
  • 828 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

Great... a new QB with very little film. either this is very good, or very bad. he is not the main option on Offense so we have to stop the run. we allow any qb the abilit to play action and we are doomed.

This post is brought to you today by Qdoba!

#28 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR and into the PUP

• 2835 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

I quit reading when it was said he compared to Painter. :funny: Sorry had to say it. :yahoo: Sounds in favor of the Colts for sure. :thmup:

LOL, yes funny to us now.  But, there was a time before Painters senior year at Purdue where he was tlaked about being2nd and even possibly first round talent.  And check this thread at footballs future-

http://www.footballs...ic.php?t=233232

Some had him right in the mix with Bradford and Stafford!! :woah:

One guy had him pegged, though -

"At this point I see him as a complete system QB who folds against the better competition every.single. time.
I need to watch him more, but I've never been a fan. I see a 4th rounder who benefits greatly from the spread. For being such a great leader he sure does let his team down in big games. *shrug* "

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#29 FightLikeSin

FightLikeSin
  • 1815 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

SHAKE AND BAKE!!!!!!!!!!   :)
If you don't chew Big Red, then ............ 
my favorite part.lol

2013 AFC South Champs

#30 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 12000 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

If you don't chew Big Red, then.............my favorite part.lol
His real name is Kyle/or Kurt Bush!   :)

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#31 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2545 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

Painter has talent he just hasn't lived up to it

#32 corgi

corgi
  • 2412 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

I had a thread for this yesterday. And more or less the same joke of I have no idea who this guy is. Lost in the shuffle of the board I guess.

#33 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2545 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Knowing our luck he will look like tom brady against us

#34 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

Can everybody please stop talking about how tough it is to play at Arrowhead? Were not playing the stadium, were not playing the fans, were playing a bad team that has won one game at home all yr., and that was a highly emotional game for them after the murder/suicide. Weather is not going to be a factor, it's suppose to be around 40 degree's and partly sunny. Not exactly intimidating weather and it looks like they are going to be going against a 3rd string QB. You can never overlook an opponent, but come on.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#35 kansascolt

kansascolt
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

I don't see him being any better or worse than Quinn or Cassell. With Bowe out they're going to have to rely heavily on Charles and Hillis. As for the passing game, they'll be targeting Breaston and Baldwin which is good. McCluster is quick but a strong wind will knock him over (and I think its supposed to be windy). Moeoki may pose a threat but up until this point Crennell has been absolutely clueless as to how to utilize what could be a very good weapon for the Chiefs, so I'm not losing any sleep over him. Overall, I'm looking forward to seeing the Colts clinch their playoff birth in person. 

#36 Dudley Smith

Dudley Smith
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

Stanzi is nothing special. Got to see him first hand once when Iowa played MSU and watched him a few times on TV. Definitely not a world-beater back in college by any stretch of the imagination. He was very up and down. Transfer that to the NFL and my guess is he is in way over his head. I mean he is a 3rd string QB for the CHIEFS after all. Like someone said earlier, if we can't beat a bad KC team then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. However, I feel pretty good going with the Colts on this one.

#37 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2545 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Quin actually beat out stanzi for number 2 spot with that being said he must be pretty bad and he runs 4.93 40 so don't think he's a very mobile quarterback. At 6 4 he can prob see field good but as long as we get pressure on him he should look like painter

#38 John Waylon

John Waylon
  • 3296 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

I don't like the idea of us going up against a QB who we have no film on, with nothing to lose. Our secondary is bad enough to make bad QB's look good.
2012 mayan apocalypse survivor. We will rebuild.

#39 ConBro

ConBro
  • 1137 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Hopefully our secondary will be able to work on their hands this week.

:blueshoe: 2013 AFC South Champions :blueshoe:

#40 Jason_S

Jason_S
  • 5605 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

The simulators say so.  The printed scenarios do not.  Not exactly sure why.  Someone with enough energy would have to run through all the scenarios step-by-step and do the math.

see fjc's post ;)
No.

If the Jets lose it will be hard not to make the playoffs, none of the scenarios played out.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
Indianapolis clinches a playoff spot with:
1) IND win OR
2) IND tie + CIN loss or tie OR
3) IND tie + PIT loss or tie OR
4) IND tie + BAL win OR
5) NYJ loss or tie + CIN loss OR
6) NYJ loss or tie + BAL win + CIN tie + PIT tie

Nothing official tonight.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 was a great day for the State of Indiana!

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      30 Jul
    T Y Goodbye

I hate the media. The headline is Oregon QB Marcus Mariota only taking 2 classes..Golf and Yoga. What they left out is that he already graduated in 3 years, with over a 3.0 GPA in General Science, and STILL has 2 years of eligibility left.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates