Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adam Schein On The Colts

hurricane1122

My link

Adam Schein puts his mind at work and came up the conclusion that the Colts wont make the playoffs. I do not think he has been paying attention to the colts offseason moves because he claims that the colts have holes in the tackle, linebacker, and defensive backfield positions. Oh yeah, the colts will also have the worst defense in the afc south.

And they may in fact still have a bad defense. Nobody has played a real game to see who has what and what they can do. Heck, Philly may in fact have a poor defense because how many times have we seen the Skins get loaded with talent and suck so bad.

He makes it sound like Peyton is doing nothing. Not communicating, coordinating and just sitting at home playing xbox. He definitely was not paying attention to the Colts offseason moves and he says, "The banged-up and flawed Colts will go 8-8 and miss the postseason." This guy is a serious sports writer??? Sometimes it makes me wonder where they get these guys???

He makes it sound like Peyton is doing nothing. Not communicating, coordinating and just sitting at home playing xbox. He definitely was not paying attention to the Colts offseason moves and he says, "The banged-up and flawed Colts will go 8-8 and miss the postseason." This guy is a serious sports writer??? Sometimes it makes me wonder where they get these guys???

thats what im sayin. how are they banged up after what happened with injuries last year? If you take an honest look at the division, colts are the clear front runner to win it again especially since CJ is holding out, MJD and foster are not 100 percent and the texans are the only other team who knows who their starting qb is. Oh yeah, the texans are in the midst of a major defensive system overhaul. Schein is a clown.

Doesn't mean anything.

I remember Marshall Faulk saying after the 2008 season "The Colts are in Shambles" and he expected us "To do nothing" what did we do in 2009? Went 14-2 and went to the SB.

These "experts" aren't always right, actually I'd say they're more wrong than right most of the time.

"This is the year the Texans overcome the Colts for supremacy in the AFC South."

I think I heard that from at least 3 different analysts on ESPN and the NFL Network. About the same as last year.

I like Shein for his enthusiasm on Sirius. However, he's wrong a lot when picking games, so picking a season isn't his strong suit either.

I don't care when so called "experts" talk crap about the Colts. They are wrong most of the time and they are the one's who look like *. Were all Colts fans and you know one day one of these * is gonna be right. None of us want to face the fact that the colts will come crashing back down to earth someday and have a bad season. I don't think it will be this yr., but since we have yet to play a meaningful game, im not gonna guarantee it.

Where does this stuff come from? Two years ago we went to the Super Bowl. Last year, we were destroyed by injuries and still made the playoffs. So now we bring back pretty much the same core team, the injuried players are back, and we had a terrific draft. I expect that Colts to be better then ever. Not sure what he is talking about.

Where does this stuff come from? Two years ago we went to the Super Bowl. Last year, we were destroyed by injuries and still made the playoffs. So now we bring back pretty much the same core team, the injuried players are back, and we had a terrific draft. I expect that Colts to be better then ever. Not sure what he is talking about.

Just another dumb talking head trying to be the Nostradamous of the football world. Like I said one of these days one of them will be right and they'll look like a genius to their co-workers and they will all praise this all knowing sorcerer.

Seems like every year one of these clowns do an article like this. They want to be "the guy" who predicted the downfall of the Colts. I wish someone would call them out on it when they are wrong..

And *IF* the Colts struggled this year...could he come here and call all you out?

Its an article making predictions while trying to create some controversy so that people will talk about it. Lets be honest...the Colts should have sucked 3 of the past 4 years...but because you have some rediculous quarterback by the name of Peyton Manning...youve gotten by and hes helped hide the issues with this team. It isnt that unreasonable that people think he cant bail this team out forever...

You know, I seem to remember all of these sports "writers" counting us out in 2006 and 2009 as well (every year, actually)... It really seems to be a trend... you always see something about "colts on the decline" or is this the year the colts miss the playoffs... It irritates the heck out of me... but, I love the fact that we just keep doing what we do and continue to make the playoffs... (granted, not the best playoff record out there, but oh well) Folks, mark my words.... This is the year of the :coltslogo: !!!! Superbowl Bound, baby!!!!!

My link

Adam Schein puts his mind at work and came up the conclusion that the Colts wont make the playoffs. I do not think he has been paying attention to the colts offseason moves because he claims that the colts have holes in the tackle, linebacker, and defensive backfield positions. Oh yeah, the colts will also have the worst defense in the afc south.

Sounds to me like he is spot on in his analysis of the Colt tackle, linebacker, & defensive back positions as well as the defense. However, Manning will come in to pick up the pieces like he always does and the Colts will be in the playoffs again.

I'm sorry, who the heck is Adam Schein, and he clearly has not seen the Colts for the past 10 years, and for the reasons you have stated.

hes a notable commentator often quoted, not always right though

his analysis is actually not far off, esp as all 1st 3 FA picks are injured & u have to wonder if this will be a on & off season problem

Texans he is right got impact players in draft & after lockout

That said, every year someone says this

Guest BlueShoe

My link

He is a freaking Texans fan. He says that stuff every year - How Houston is going to win the division and the Colts are going downhill. A few years back he even said that Houston was going to sweep the Colts. I called up his show and told him that he was just saying that because he is a Texans fan. I pointed out that the Texans had only beaten us once in the first 16 times we had played an that was on a last second long field goal. I also offered to bet him him a coke the Texans wouldn't sweep the Colts or win the division. He wouldn't do it. We went undefeated for the first 14 games.

He is a Texans fan and he is far too bias for that network, in my opinion.

My link

Look I think the Colts will be a contender again, but he is not wrong in his belief that the Colts have questions. Manning's health is one. We don't know for sure about him. There are questions about the o'line. Costanzo may be the answer but can anyone really say that with any certainty? And the Colts practiced with a line earlier this week that only had one player (Saturday) who was in the same position as he played last year. Certainly continuity will take time to develop even if ultimately the line is improved. And with the defensive backs, this board has talked ad nauseum with the quality of the corners behind Powers. Again more questions than anwers right now.

Regarding the Colts offseason moves. On paper the addition of Sims, Anderson, Brayton & Harris look good as they are low risk / high reward. But I would guess that not everyone will make the roster. Those additions have their own question marks.

Laslty, the players that give the Colts their identity are getting older. Eventually they will lose effectivenss.

The point is a prediction of 8-8 is not unreasonable and the author is not a tool for making such a prognostication. I personally don't think it will happen but I can see where someone would question the Colts continuing their playoff streak.

The Colts proverbial window has been closing for 3 years now. As Colts fans, we don't expect too much out of the defense and special teams. We do, however, expect ol' 18 to right the ship. As long as Manning is on the field, this team is a contender. How many teams are in shambles that have been in the playoffs every season since 2001? I can only think of 1. >>>>> :coltslogo:

Just another "opinion" like we've heard each year for the past many seasons. A couple of years ago when the Titans won the division I'm sure some writer had made the same prediction and figured the Colts were toast - yet we picked up where we had left off the following season.

Depending upon when Manning returns and how well the offense can mesh around him in time, and how the defense takes shape, a few unexpected early season losses could put the Colts in hole they may not be able to dig out of. That said, we had so many injuries and problems last year, yet still took the division. There are just too many variables to be able to predict what the season will hold (injuries to your team, your opponent, your opponents opponents, lucky bounces, how well new coaches can transform teams, etc.) - that's why they play 16.