Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Orlovsky...

He was a good QB IMO outside of the Baltimore game, he had an almost 100 passer rating in the 4th quarter. What would yalls record have been if he had started all season long? Would he have made a difference? Some colts fans enlighten please!

http://www.nfl.com/player/danorlovsky/2506481/situationalstats

http://www.nfl.com/player/danorlovsky/2506481/gamelogs

http://www.nfl.com/player/danorlovsky/2506481/profile

If he started all along, we dont have the number 1 pick and we dont have Andrew Luck. Because we would have won at least 4 to 5 games.

I agree. So I guess at least some good came from the short-lived Painter era.

Do you think having Painter as the starter was the Colts way of secretly and indirectly tanking the season? Surely the paid football professional Indy coaching staff should have realized a long time ago how bad Painter was. Many fans could already tell he was bad -- he lacked confidence, charisma, decision-making, ball security, and that ugly hair of his was bad publicity.

Do you think having Painter as the starter was the Colts way of secretly and indirectly tanking the season? Surely the paid football professional Indy coaching staff should have realized a long time ago how bad Painter was. Many fans could already tell he was bad -- he lacked confidence, charisma, decision-making, ball security, and that ugly hair of his was bad publicity.

These guys make him sound like the steal of the draft

He was a good QB IMO outside of the Baltimore game, he had an almost 100 passer rating in the 4th quarter. What would yalls record have been if he had started all season long? Would he have made a difference? Some colts fans enlighten please!

http://www.nfl.com/p...ituationalstats

http://www.nfl.com/p...506481/gamelogs

http://www.nfl.com/p...2506481/profile

I wish we still had him. He can get the ball to good receivers...

Sad thing is that Painter landed another job before Clark, Addai, Bullitt, and Brackett (the last 2 still being unemployed to the best of my knowledge).

Lets be honest. Neither Painter nor Orlovsky could run Peyton's offense. Too much of it is dependent on the qb reading the defense pre-snap and putting the ball into tight windows and timing. There really isn't many qbs in the league that could just walk into Indy last year and done much to help us. Peyton WAS that offense. The coordinator, qb, coach, he did so much. Losing all that nobody was going to be able to step in and run things at a level where we could win half our games.

That said we did strip it down for those guys and Orlovsky was very competent at getting the ball out. Given a much more traditional offense I think he will do just fine as a backup. The fire he was in last year will serve him well if he is forced to enter a game for someone else. To me Orlovsky is a solid backup #2 in this league. Professional, but won't challenge your number 1 for a starting spot. Prepares well and would keep your team in a game if called on, but probably not going to win you a lot if you need him to take over.

Best QB we've had behind P. Manning but, things happen. We have Luck now, so I wish Orlovsky all the Luck in Tampa. He maybe can beat out Freeman for the starting QB job. I doubt it since the Bucs have kinda made it clear that they're Franchise QB is Freeman. But hey, anything can happen

Orlovsky would have won between 4-6 games if given the offense he ran the last few games. If they run the same offense they were attempting to run with Collins/Painter, then he would have failed just the same.

In the event that the team won 4-6 games, that would have put Irsay in a tough position. Since he had such a high level of infatuation with Luck, he would have likely replaced the Redskins as the one giving away future draft picks.

I doubt Orlovsky would have won enough games to make that cost too demanding, and one can't even shudder the horrible thoughts that would be forced to happen at that point.

Orlovsky would have won between 4-6 games if given the offense he ran the last few games. If they run the same offense they were attempting to run with Collins/Painter, then he would have failed just the same.

In the event that the team won 4-6 games, that would have put Irsay in a tough position. Since he had such a high level of infatuation with Luck, he would have likely replaced the Redskins as the one giving away future draft picks.

I doubt Orlovsky would have won enough games to make that cost too demanding, and one can't even shudder the horrible thoughts that would be forced to happen at that point.

No such thing would have happened. We would have kept Peyton. I can't prove it, but I'm 100% sure of it.

Just like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie-pop, the world may never know

I think painter may have something on Caldwell cause he after signing him at Baltimore.

Far enough down the draft chart, I would agree.

2-5th or so, there is no doubt he'd be sending off some draft picks.

And there is the point! I think O wins six games last year if they had made the choice to go with him from the get go. Six wins would have been the eighth or ninth pick?

I don't think anyone other than Andrew Luck was going to get Peyton's job. That's speculation on my part, but that's the impression I got from the drama that was last winter, early spring.

RG3 is plenty impressive, but the things he did in the College are not things that would be more attractive than just keeping Peyton.

And there is the point! I think O wins six games last year if they had made the choice to go with him from the get go. Six wins would have been the eighth or ninth pick?

I don't think anyone other than Andrew Luck was going to get Peyton's job. That's speculation on my part, but that's the impression I got from the drama that was last winter, early spring.

RG3 is plenty impressive, but the things he did in the College are not things that would be more attractive than just keeping Peyton.

Orlovsky running the same offense that Collins/Painter did would face the same level of success. I could see the 6 wins if they were running the altered offense with the base I and full back. Caldwell/Christensen were either too hardheaded or not bright enough to install it from the start. If so then Collins would have had more success than he did and Painter/Orlovsky might not see the field much at all. Since they staff insisted on attempting to run the Manning offense, they were going to have limited success, and by that I mean a few decent/positive plays a game.

So unless they switch the offense sooner than they did, I would still find it hard for the team to accomplish the amount of wins that would push them out of the top 5.

Last years team was so bad , it's impossible to say they would have won more games if the better back up QB played. Not to say that Painter didn't stink , but Orlovsky wasn't anywhere near good enough to make that team competitive.

Most of you agree that Orvlovsky would have won 3 to 5 more games last year than what the Colts chose to shovel to the fans, but when I raise the arguement that the Colts should have kept him as a back up instead of signing Stanton, where were you?

:edit:

Edited by shecolt
inappropriate content

Most of you agree that Orvlovsky would have won 3 to 5 more games last year than what the Colts chose to shovel to the fans, but when I raise the arguement that the Colts should have kept him as a back up instead of signing Stanton, where were you?

KMAYFP!

He didn't want to be here. He knew he wasn't going to play behind Luck. I'm sure he feels he has a better chance of playing in Tampa than in Indy.

He would be a decent back up, still not a perfect back up in my eyes, but maybe about as good as you can get considering the situation.

He didn't want to be here. He knew he wasn't going to play behind Luck. I'm sure he feels he has a better chance of playing in Tampa than in Indy.

He would be a decent back up, still not a perfect back up in my eyes, but maybe about as good as you can get considering the situation.

The Colts didn't tender him a decent offer. I don't think he expects to START in Tampa.... That being said, how's it goin'?

The Colts didn't tender him a decent offer. I don't think he expects to START in Tampa.... That being said, how's it goin'?

Same ole same ole. Yourself?

I'm not even sure if he was tendered an offer at all. I don't think he expects to start in Tampa, but I think he would have a better shot at beating out Freeman over Luck.

Same ole same ole. Yourself?

I'm not even sure if he was tendered an offer at all. I don't think he expects to start in Tampa, but I think he would have a better shot at beating out Freeman over Luck.

He's not beating out anyone. But I'm a loyalist and he fits best behind Luck. IMO.

i'm doing great, back from Vac and cant wait for the Pre Sea

Best QB we've had behind P. Manning but, things happen. We have Luck now, so I wish Orlovsky all the Luck in Tampa. He maybe can beat out Freeman for the starting QB job. I doubt it since the Bucs have kinda made it clear that they're Franchise QB is Freeman. But hey, anything can happen

I always think of backups as a guy you dont want to beat out your starter..but a guy who can win a game when your starter gets injured....

I think Danny O could win a game or two for Tampa is he had to step in..

I don't know if he ever carried through with it, but he was supposedly growing his hair for Locks of Love which IMO should have been good publicity.

Sadly, little attention was given to that. Guess it didn't make for good media fodder.

I think if Stanton had to win a few games I think he could but not behind this O Line as it currently stands I dont think, Im not sure Orlovsky would win many either behind this O Line, with that said I would probably rather have Orlovsky. I hope Castonzo is completely healthy and regains full strength in that ankle by the time the season starts. I hope we will generate some resemblance of a running game between the tackles. I hope the right side of our O Line can block somebody......anybody. If all three happen then I like our chances to protect Luck and also run the ball as needed, But if one of those fails, we could very well see Luck get the same treatment that David Carr did his rookie year

Orlovsky was the backup quarterback for the team with the worst starting quarterback in the NFL. When he came in, he was better, but nothing special. If he's starting, you're in trouble.

I agree with you on this one. Orlovsky was just one of the three bad quarterbacks we had... nothing more.

:edit:

I really appreciated if Orlovsky stayed, but seems like he decided to go. Perhaps he is seeking for a chance to be starter again, ant he wouldn't have that chance behind Luck.

Good luck Dan!