Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wear #18 Jersey To The Home Games Or #12?

King Colt

With all due respect to a great person and great QB I would prefer not to see a bunch of #18 jerseys in the home crowd this year. Let's let Luck get his feet wet this year. The media will probably shower him with endless comparisons all season long. It's up to the fans to get behind our new and very promising leader. Agree?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect to a great person and great QB I would prefer not to see a bunch of #18 jerseys in the home crowd this year. Let's let Luck get his feet wet this year. The media will probably shower him with endless comparisons all season long. It's up to the fans to get behind our new and very promising leader. Agree?

Agreed. As I can't go to attend games, I'll put "Go Colts" as Status Update during games.

I hope when PM ends his career, #18 will be resigned @Colts as well.

Thank you for this! Although I bet there will be a bunch in the crowd. Some because they refuse to let go of Manning, some because it's the only jersey they own, and some because it's a possible way of showing defiance to the changes made this off season. I already have my Luck jersey ready to go, now I just have to decide which games I want to shell out money for.

I difinitely agree with the majority of posts. We have to show Andrew our support of him and wear our #12 (or some other jersey if we don't have a #12 yet) but NOT #18 to home games -- especially the first few games. I'm saving my #18s for when Peyton retires or to wear just around the house/town etc. I got my #12 the day after the draft just to show my support. I really think we are going to have a much better season than anyone expects, and even if we don't, this bunch of guys deserve our support as I'm sure they will all play their hearts out and give us in the least entertaining games.

I agree, wholeheartedly with this. When Peyton retires, I think it'll be acceptable to wear them again as it will be like a throwback. However, if I see any Manning Bronco's Jerseys at Lucas Oil this year, I will flash them the dirtiest of looks.

If I see Broncos jerseys at LOS when we aren't playing the Broncos...I'll call them a "DB". And no, "DB" doesn't stand for "Denver Broncos".

lol thought this was the stupidest topic ever, until I read it again and it said "not" :)

agree Its time to support Luck however bad hes playing the first season, Can't wait to see him behind Center, good thing it can't get worse then last year.

GO Colts

I think that if you want to wear your #18 jersey, you should go ahead and do it. We all know what Manning meant, and still means to Indy. I also don't think that Luck will look up int the stands and see a #18 jersey and then feel bad about it. It definitely will not throw off his game. He's got much bigger things to worry about.

Want to make a million dollars before December????

Make a Colts jersey with a No. 18 on the front and a No. 12 on the back..

Make up 10,000 and start up a web site and get to selling 'em.

..and send me a nice Christmas present. :rock:

Agree....Luck needs all of the local fan support during his rookie year; it will be #12 for me!

When Peyton retires, hopefully, he will return to LOS and the Colt's will retire his number in a proper manner!

I say wear what you want/have. Personally I don't wear jersey's to games or at all. I find they are pretty much the ugliest thing one could ever wear. To me they belong autographed and on a wall or on a player. I'm all for a nice long sleeve tee or polo. But if people want to wear them I say go for it. Support how you like to. You have a PM jersey...rock it. Perhaps the greatest Colt of all time and him being in Denver won't change that. I would say wearing a Denver jersey to a game is a bit over the top though. I love PM just as much if not more than the next guy and will be watching all their games as well as the Colts but when I'm watching the Colts I'm thinking of the Colts.

A row of Orange 18 jersey's would still be less disrespectful than this was.

andrew-luck-colts-530x385.jpg

With that said, it shouldn't matter if fans wear an 18 or a 32, or a 44, 63, 58, 29,88, 19 or even 13 for those with a Vandershank collecting dust in your closet. It's a Colts jersey right? Isn't that the only thing that matters? Isn't it the cloth instead of the player?

With that said, it shouldn't matter if fans wear an 18 or a 32, or a 44, 63, 58, 29,88, 19 or even 13 for those with a Vandershank collecting dust in your closet. It's a Colts jersey right? Isn't that the only thing that matters? Isn't it the cloth instead of the player?

Wow....hit the nail right on the head! Everytime I heard the chants and saw that it made me angry. I admit I would rather have Peyton here but since that is over I'm soo glad we have Andrew. I can't wait for football again. It will be great to have an adequate qb behind center again.

I agree, wholeheartedly with this. When Peyton retires, I think it'll be acceptable to wear them again as it will be like a throwback. However, if I see any Manning Bronco's Jerseys at Lucas Oil this year, I will flash them the dirtiest of looks.

I dont give the dirtiest looks based on what what men are wearing..

....women ..depends on how dirty and what they are wearing

If you want to get your picture in the local Indy paper, or maybe even get on TV (if you have a good enough seat) here's what you do...

Buy both jerseys.... cut them in half, front and back... sew the front of one jersey to the back of the other jersey...

So, you'd either have a Luck front and a Manning back, or vice versa.... fun, clever, loyal... says it all...

Do it now, thank me later! :thmup:

There's a bald guy with sunglasses on , in the far left. Is that a custom Irsay jersey?

First, did this really deserve a thread? Second, who cares. Wear what you want other than a birthday suit.

I always wear my Manning jersey to the Wembley game. Last year I stuck a band-aid cross after his name. Apparently it pulled in loads of giggles as folk passed behind me (so my mates told me). A Jags fan actually shook my hand and took a photo. He also said Manning was class. A nice moment.

This year, I'll stick a long thin piece of black sticky tape through his name, a strikethrough. Some may feel it is disrespectful. I say it is just a game.....

I live here in Australia though play on making the trip over to the USA for my annual Colts game. I will be wearing my #12 Luck jersey. I see no real problem with wearing the #18 in homage to Peyton Manning though for now he is at another team and I believe we should all be behind our new franchise QB.

I bet there will be lots of #18s in the crowd ... no doubt about it! If Luck starts having some bad games, which he likely will, you can bet there will be Petyon signs that make TV too - specially if he is tearing it up in Denver!

Hoping there isn't any or VERY few #18 jerseys at home games.

Why?

People wear Unitas jerseys, Mackey jerseys, Dickerson jerseys, Faulk jerseys, Harrison jerseys, James jerseys, Sanders jerseys. Why would it be any different for Manning?