Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I believe this is our year

manning2dallas

I am going to be honest, I am severely disappointed we let go of Jim Caldwell but our other offseason moves have made up for it. His successor may not be as qualified for the job but I gotta say, Pagano has grown on me.

So...

1) we still have a good coaching staff, even if it is different

2) Revamped offense....great QB plus, let's be honest, Fleener and Allen are arguably the best TEs in football (only NE has better).

3) potential for elite defense (great offseason acquisitions + Pagano is a defensive GURU coming from Balt)

To say that I am excited for this season is an understatement. I fully expect us to win the division. It won't be a cake-walk, but we should pull it off. Houston is obviously our biggest competition but a sweep of them gaurantees playoffs.

Cheers....let's get this season started already!

I am going to be honest, I am severely disappointed we let go of Jim Caldwell but our other offseason moves have made up for it. His successor may not be as qualified for the job but I gotta say, Pagano has grown on me.

So...

2) Revamped offense....great QB plus, let's be honest, Fleener and Allen are arguably the best TEs in football (only NE has better).

3) potential for elite defense (great offseason acquisitions + Pagano is a defensive GURU coming from Balt)

To say that I am excited for this season is an understatement. I fully expect us to win the division. It won't be a cake-walk, but we should pull it off. Houston is obviously our biggest competition but a sweep of them gaurantees playoffs.

I love Your optimism, but...

...You shouldn't feel disappointed about Caldwell. He is a good QB-coach, but HC position isn't for him, in my opinion.

...Grigson and Pagano have recruited a solid coaching staff. Arians commanded a very effective O-line @PIT and Pagano is a Master of D

...besides good coaching staff, we have many talents on the roster, who must be developed yet.

...Colts has 27 new player on the roster, chemistry must be established. 9 draftees must get accustomed to NFL too.

...we still have weak position on our roster

I agree, that great times are coming, but not this or next season. First 1-2 seasons will be hard both for the team and fans. No matter what Pagano keeps saying, this is a rebuilding team, and process of rebuilding isn't over yet.

I wouldn't say we will be better than last season, as it was an understatement, I neither think we would rally to the playoffs.

I think we will have 4-6 wins.

Of course, we Hungarians are believed the most pessimistic nation...

Jimmy Graham, Tony G., Antonio Gates, Vernon Davis, J. Finley, Jason Witten.......Fleener and Allen haven't played a down in the NFL.

This. There is far too much to be proved this year.

Heck, with Manning we were never a lock to win the division. It was always optimistic, but the rest of the team left a lot to be considered. That said, I agree with the notion that in a couple years, if they have the right idea here, we'll be in good shape to make another run at keeping control of the division for a decade. Maybe not. But I'd like to think that they let Manning go because there is truly something special about Luck. There had better be, otherwise we just ousted one of the best QBs in the game.

So...

Everything highlighted deserves a *.

This is so out there, it has to be sarcasm.

Edited by Nadine
religious

I understand how people cannot believe we will be dominate this year because last season was a bit tough but there is no denying that we have great players and a great coaching staff. If you don't believe we will be great this year, just look at SF....they went from a perennial bottom dweller to 13-3 with nothing but a new Hc.

Luck is a rookie. Fleener and Allen are rookies, and are definitely not, at least up to this point, the best TEs in the game. Not even arguably. We have no idea what the defense is going to look like, transitioning from the 4-3 to the 3-4 is no easy task. Houston is not your only competition, either. Tennessee is a dark horse in the division, and Jacksonville's defense could possibly give Luck fits. Optimism is good, but so is being realistic.

So...

You are the man.. M2D!!!

I agree with you about Jim Caldwell...Good man

Probably the only Super Bowl coach in history fired a year later.

HCF's point that maybe he was a better coordinator than coach may be vaild. he immedately got a job as a a coordinator.

Proves his point...in a way

Could he have LUCK-ed out this year? We'll never know/ Its one of histories mysteries.

You'r e optimism isnt misguided..but there's so much rookies dont know.

I think the team you are raving about is the 2013 Colts..

Yes we are all excited about this upcoming season due to all the off season drama we have experienced and we are all Colts fans. But to say we have an elite coaching staff and arguable the two best tight ends in the game besides NE is farfetched. Especially when our coaching staff hasn’t even coached a game. It’s cool to like our team and want to see them do well. But there is a fine line between reality and fiction :hello:

I understand how people cannot believe we will be dominate this year because last season was a bit tough but there is no denying that we have great players and a great coaching staff. If you don't believe we will be great this year, just look at SF....they went from a perennial bottom dweller to 13-3 with nothing but a new Hc.

Calling rookies great players before they have taken a snap in a pre-season game, let alone one that really counts is comical. I bet the 98 Chargers thought they had a great player in Leaf too. Same principle with the coaching staff - might be best to let Pagano coach a game before he is annointed to the HoF.

The Colts' needle is clearly pointing up. But everything else is blatant, blind homerism.

This may be a first for me.....I am lost for words....And Um...And Um....my inner Irsay is coming on. :) I do love the optimism, and it really has been hot out....I need a ice pack for my head. :)

Your right I have never seen you lost for words. :lol:

Everything highlighted deserves a Dear God.

This is so out there, it has to be sarcasm.

Got to agree with you, and I hope he's being sarcastic. I'm optimistic too, that we could win 6 games. And that we don't have the worst D in the league. I'll be pleasantly surprised if either happen.

Calling rookies great players before they have taken a snap in a pre-season game, let alone one that really counts is comical. I bet the 98 Chargers thought they had a great player in Leaf too. Same principle with the coaching staff - might be best to let Pagano coach a game before he is annointed to the HoF.

The Colts' needle is clearly pointing up. But everything else is blatant, blind homerism.

Man, I was beginning to think that I was just being a debbie downer for insisting on seeing the coaching staff actually coach a game and seeing Fleener and Allen play football before declaring any of them to be the best in the NFL. I'm usually pretty optimistic, but right now I am just in wait-and-see-what-happens mode.

tennessee Wins the division this year. Barely missed the playoffs last year, and now CJ2K is happy and gained weight and had a full off-season. Houston comes in 2nd due to the injury bug Again this year. We come in 3rd and Jax is last with their usual 5 wins

there is no denying that we have great players and a great coaching staff. If you don't believe we will be great this year, just look at SF....they went from a perennial bottom dweller to 13-3 with nothing but a new Hc.

"No denying". Why the heck do you think that?

Virtually every blessed thing that made the Colts a dominant team for the previous decade+ is now gone. It's called "rebuilding". There's plenty of reason to be optimistic that it "might" be a comparatively short climb back up to "competitive", but expecting the team to be better than Houston (unless they are devastated by injuries) this year is ridiculous. Houston has a significant number of highly drafted players in their prime - which by the way, so does SF. SF was a solid but under-performing team prior to last year, so the coaching staff made a difference. The Colts have nothing but question marks from the owner to the aging kicker.

I believe we will have a year titled "Growing Pains" when history looks back on it. Winning the division? I won't ever so no chance in the NFL though it's highly unlikely. I am hoping at best we can scratch to .500 at best though I am expecting a season somewhere in the 2-12 to 4-14 record.

I believe we will have a year titled "Growing Pains" when history looks back on it. Winning the division? I won't ever so no chance in the NFL though it's highly unlikely. I am hoping at best we can scratch to .500 at best though I am expecting a season somewhere in the 2-12 to 4-14 record.

2-12, 4-14? I think your math is a little off, there is 16 games in a season

The OP must be crazy....How you gonna call two rookie TEs who haven't played a down yet in the NFL the best?

I'm not a Caldwell basher but the guy sacked at motivation and evaluating not to mention clock management.

So...

3cd8a33a.png

So...

I'll have 3 of whatever you're drinking :drink: cheers..!!!