Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bears Colts predictions

danlhart87

9 hours ago, CardiacColts said:

I am feeling optimistic for this game. The Bears have some talent, but they are currently in disarray as well. This is the best opportunity we are going to get here in the first few games to put a W on the board. I’m hoping we can make it count.

I can’t help but wonder if we have an accountability or culture problem on the team though. I’m praying we don’t have a culture problem. But I just came across a clip of EJ Speed, getting interviewed about how the run defense can improve, and his first response was to blame the O and say that putting some points on the board wouldn’t hurt. That left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. 

Really hoping that Shane can show us all that he’s the right guy to lead this team. But we may be at more of a tipping point than we realize.

Yeah I didn't like the comment either

9 hours ago, CardiacColts said:

... But I just came across a clip of EJ Speed, getting interviewed about how the run defense can improve, and his first response was to blame the O and say that putting some points on the board wouldn’t hurt. That left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth...

I watched the interview too, and thought it quite hypocritical, that Speed, coming off such an awful performance himself, would criticize the offense

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On Caleb Williams it was said of him last week "He was the best athlete on the team in college. Not so in the pros."

Chi is last in passing yards and last in yards per pass. They suck in rushing

Colts are last in stopping the rush and 31st against pass completion %.

Get out the paper sacks for this one and don't bother to cut out two holes,

I'll be fishin'

lttle boy fishing.jpg

6 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

I predict Caleb Williams wins rookie of the year off of this game. He'll have 77% completion, 265 yards, 3 TDs. 

Colts lose 24-13

Man, I hope you're wrong. This is a game where our pass rush even without Latu should dominate the Bears' struggling offensive line. If we give up league-worst kind of numbers in the passing or running game again this week against their rookie QB and leading RB D'Andre Swift (2024 - 24 carries, 48 yards, 2.0 avg.), the Colts really should fire Bradley after the game. It might not help for this season, but the organization should show that it has standards. My expectation, though, is this a game where the Colts' offense and defense look better than last week. I think they'll do that.  

• Like 1

Trust in the Colts 34-24. This is the game they put it together, Downs is back, they move the chains, 4 receiver sets with AD and Pittman one one side and Downs and Pierce on the other, safety's will fold on one side or the other, creating one on ones. Run game, with JT/AR runs will flourish, TE's come back to the game plan when secondary is occupied and LB's are occupied with the RPO.

On 9/18/2024 at 12:59 PM, CardiacColts said:

I am feeling optimistic for this game. The Bears have some talent, but they are currently in disarray as well. This is the best opportunity we are going to get here in the first few games to put a W on the board. I’m hoping we can make it count.

I can’t help but wonder if we have an accountability or culture problem on the team though. I’m praying we don’t have a culture problem. But I just came across a clip of EJ Speed, getting interviewed about how the run defense can improve, and his first response was to blame the O and say that putting some points on the board wouldn’t hurt. That left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. 

Really hoping that Shane can show us all that he’s the right guy to lead this team. But we may be at more of a tipping point than we realize.

Ahhh... the "great" EJ Speed from powerhouse Tarleton State!!! Another of Ballard's not good enough draftees. The two time SECOND team Division ll All - Lone Star Conference (LSC) player needs to pull that thumb and say hello to the reflection in the mirror instead of pointing his finger at the current lackluster version on our offense that has its own problems right now. Speed is one example of why this team has been stuck in mediocrity or below under Ballard's 8 yr reign because EJ is a starter that's not a difference maker. He's solid for his position but his limitations IMO land him on the serviceable tier.

Ballard's love for "his" mostly overall JAG type players has led to the continued wash and repeat fomula of doubling down with the resigning those said players (including the not so good at his job dc) for a team that guess what? Missed the playoffs again while having the luxury of nearly a last place schedule a season ago. This defense seems to always be what the doctor ordered for opposing qbs that have some type of issue coming in whether it's a backup, rookie or vet that's been struggling at the time. Hope I'm wrong but I think CW will finally have his coming out party and the Colts lose a close one to the Bears keeping the shoe winless but hey, "In Ballard we trust."

• Like 2

I agree Downs coming back will jump start the lay ups for AR and let AD go back outside where he feels more comfortable. On D while Buck is a loss I think Stewart would have been a bigger loss because not sure Davis would be ready to fill Grove's shoes while I think Dayo and Tomi can at least perform (Bryan Ive given up on hope front office has as well). 

We played 3 linebackers 44% of the snaps last week selling out vs the run, expecting more of the same. Womack outsnapped Flowers but barely think it is a bigger disparity this week. Still would like to see David Long added from PS been here over 2 weeks now and should be ready.

Colts-27

Bears-17 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2024 at 12:27 PM, RollerColt said:

It's a very real possibility. 

The Steichen teams hang in there with every opponent. 

I look back on the Andrew Luck days and still scratch my head when examining those blowout losses. If Andrew wasn't on the money that day, the entire team just laid over and died. 

Green Bay could've easily lost last week had we made the kick and sustained at least one or two more drives. 

I say it often, but football is just weird...

Giving up that amount of rushing yards in one half, let alone one quarter! We probably should've been losing like 35-0 at the half. 

Who cares is they hang in there.  That just means he cannot win close games.  Steichen's team loses a lot.  I could care less if they Hang in there.  We need wins and so far he has proven he has no idea how to win.  Especially close games.  No clue.

1 minute ago, Hooksalot said:

Who cares is they hang in there.  That just means he cannot win close games.  Steichen's team loses a lot.  I could care less if they Hang in there.  We need wins and so far he has proven he has no idea how to win.  Especially close games.  No clue.

He won 9 games last year. 

You freaking act like we've gone 0-19 between last year and now. 

Dear. God.

:facepalm:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hooksalot said:

They were also playing GB with Malik Willis at QB. A good QB probably puts up close to 30 with that run game.

I don't really think either the HOU game or GB game were as close as the final score indicates. But that's football for you. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2024 at 11:31 PM, CoachLite said:

It's not that the Colts won't win, it's that the Colts don't know how to win. For years, the problem has been the same structural problem with the Colts. Ballard seems to have gone to the Grigson School of General Football Management (who must have learned from Matt Millen), and Steichen hasn't learned the lessons of Reich and Pagano. It doesn't matter who the people are if you don't know how to win the game.

Why do you say Ryan Grigson School of football Management.  Grigson was 52-34  Ballard is 54-60-1.  He cant hold the towel Ryan Grigson uses to wipe sweat off his face.  Ballard is a joke,

11 minutes ago, Hooksalot said:

Why do you say Ryan Grigson School of football Management.  Grigson was 52-34  Ballard is 54-60-1.  He cant hold the towel Ryan Grigson uses to wipe sweat off his face.  Ballard is a joke,

you don't think that had anything at all to do with Andrew Luck, do you? 

200.webp?cid=790b7611ndihsdjg630t14sxegs

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Hooksalot said:

200.webp?cid=790b7611f5168w2srwgmfbsktvl

• Like 1